Reply
Gaming Beast
Registered: 06/15/2006
Offline
2260 posts
 

Re: WWE News Thread

Nov 15, 2006
BIG NEWS UPDATE---Raw House Show Mistake, TNA Superstar to WWE?
 
179. Monty Brown of TNA has been officially offered a WWE contract, and the general feeling is that he'll join the company. Brown has been in talks with TNA, but a source close to the situation is under the impression he'll sign with WWE. UPDATE--Jeff Jarrett just noted on the TNA conference call that "We have severed relationships with Monty Brown and wish him well."
 
180. With Edge’s win of the tag team titles last night with Randy Orton, he claimed the all-time WWE record with 11 tag team title runs. The record was previous record of 10 was held by Edge and shared with Billy Gunn.
 
181. Last night’s DX/Cryme Tyme segment was actually shot after the show was over, not live when the show was originally taped. They attempted to shoot the segment in front of the live crowd but Michaels was unable to keep a straight face. The live crowd saw that version, while we saw the version that was done after the show was taped on last night’s airing of RAW.
 
182. This year’s New Years Revolution tickets from the Kemper Arena in Kansas City on January 7th will go on sale December 2nd. Tickets will be priced from $175 to $20. WWE Raw Presents New Year's Revolution '07 on 1/7 from Kansas City, Missouri at the Kemper Arena. Tickets goes on sale 12/2 with prices are following $175, 75, 50, 35, and 20.
 
183. WWE is planning to release a DVD of ECW Extreme Rules matches sometime in 2007. Also planned for a 2007 release is a DVD looking at the history of DX.
 
184. Mick Foley is releasing another wrestling book tentatively titled The Hardcore Diaries. The book in an in-depth look at him coming out of retirement, his relationship with Ric Flair and more. The book is currently scheduled for a March 2007 release.
 
185. WWE.com features an article written by Dean Malenko on the one year passing of Eddie Guerrero.
 
186. The Billboard website now features the latest Video Sales for Recreational Sports DVDs. For the second week running now Hulk Hogan: The Ultimate Anthology came in first place, second was Unforgiven 2006, The History Of The WWE Championship was third, Brian Pillman: Loose Cannon was fifth. WWE SummerSlam 2006 came at number six, the McMahon DVD was seventh with WrrestleMania 22 at eight spot. There were no TNA videos listed this week.
 
187. WWE is now selling inflatable Singapore Canes and Shillelaghs.
 
188. WWE has removed the link to get the monthly schedules of what is on the service on WWE.com in the 24-7 subsection. Now, people who subscribe to the service have no way of knowing exactly what should appear on the service. This has been useful as when it does not load, the cable provider can repair the error.
 
189. Local WWE adverts are advertising John Cena vs. Umaga and Randy Orton vs. DX as their main events for the December 28th WWE RAW event at the Continental Airlines Arena in New York City.
 
190. Last Friday’s WWE SmackDown scored a 2.7 broadcast rating with a five share. This is down from last week’s 2.8 rating.
 
191. Eric Bischoff’s book was number 16 on this week’s New York Times best sellers list, making it the best selling pro wrestling book put out by WWE since the Ric Flair book.
 
192. Indy wrestler Keith Walker has signed a developmental deal with WWE. He's a big powerhouse guy who has toured for Pro Wrestling NOAH in the past. He starts for DSW in January.
Message 80 of 6,809 (377 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 06/15/2006
Offline
2260 posts
 

Re: WWE News Thread

Nov 15, 2006


The One wrote:


Basil Zero wrote:


The One wrote:
Anyone know when WWE moved New Years Revolution to Kansas City, Missouri? Link

I really wanted to go.

i think it was announced like a few months ago when they announced WMXIII's location





Huh, that really sucks... I knew it was rumored, but I never saw anything official on their website until today. I really wanted to go to NYR because I have never been to a live wrestling event before.


it was announced several months ago, but u can purchase tickets by Dec. 2nd, sorry that u couldnt go
Message 81 of 6,809 (377 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 04/12/2005
Offline
1377 posts
 

Re: WWE News Thread

Nov 15, 2006
Once again Basil, you never let me down with bringing the news. Thanks again!
Message 82 of 6,809 (377 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 06/15/2006
Offline
2260 posts
 

Re: WWE News Thread

Nov 15, 2006


DGProlific wrote:
Once again Basil, you never let me down with bringing the news. Thanks again!



Anytime man, and thanks for all the comments everyone, i'll be posting more news tommorrow
Message 83 of 6,809 (377 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 06/15/2006
Offline
2260 posts
 

Re: WWE News Thread

Nov 16, 2006
Semi-Big News Update---WWE Security Problems in UK? Monty Brown?
 
193. Apparently, some WWE stars had problems at the Manchester Airport in regards to carrying luggage. Here is what was posted on WWE.com: "It wasn't an easy process for the Raw Superstars to travel to Aberdeen, Scotland. Due to heavy security at the airport in Manchester, England, Superstars were limited to only one carry-on bag. Since he couldn’t fit it in his carry-on luggage, Jeff Hardy was forced to show off his new Intercontinental Championship as he carried it onto the plane. John Cena also had an unexpected opportunity to show off his gold when x-ray security examined the WWE Championship. Later, more security examined the title's diamonds."
 
194. WWE.com posted the following message regarding the Vince McMahon cartoon on WWE.com, which was to have debuted today: Mr. McMahon’s "Kiss My Ass" cartoon, which was to have debuted today, has been delayed due to the stubbornness of one of its stars. The cartoon’s director claims that although Mr. McMahon was great to work with, his ass often refused to leave his trailer, demanded daily massages, and would "butt" heads with everyone around him. The ass was not available for comment, but sources close to the prominent posterior say his mood of late has been crappy. Stay tuned to WWE.com for the premier of Mr. McMahon's "Kiss My Ass" cartoon.
 
195. In the latest edition of Bangin' with Ashley, Ashley talks about Lita's band, The Luchagors. WWE.com has the article. Ashley suffered some sort of implant injury on the European Tour yesterday or earlier today.
 
196. WWE officials are so confident that Monty Brown is going to sign that according to at least one backstage source Johnny Ace has already gave creative team members orders to begin writing a storyline to bring Brown into the company.
 
197. The Diva Nidia is pregnant and living in Italy, she proclaimed that she is pretty much done with WWE, and stated that she quit, but in truth, WWE release her.
Message 84 of 6,809 (377 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 07/01/2006
Offline
3400 posts
 

Re: WWE News Thread

Nov 16, 2006


Basil Zero wrote:
Semi-Big News Update---WWE Security Problems in UK? Monty Brown?
 
193. Apparently, some WWE stars had problems at the Manchester Airport in regards to carrying luggage. Here is what was posted on WWE.com: "It wasn't an easy process for the Raw Superstars to travel to Aberdeen, Scotland. Due to heavy security at the airport in Manchester, England, Superstars were limited to only one carry-on bag. Since he couldn’t fit it in his carry-on luggage, Jeff Hardy was forced to show off his new Intercontinental Championship as he carried it onto the plane. John Cena also had an unexpected opportunity to show off his gold when x-ray security examined the WWE Championship. Later, more security examined the title's diamonds."
 
194. WWE.com posted the following message regarding the Vince McMahon cartoon on WWE.com, which was to have debuted today: Mr. McMahon’s "Kiss My Ass" cartoon, which was to have debuted today, has been delayed due to the stubbornness of one of its stars. The cartoon’s director claims that although Mr. McMahon was great to work with, his ass often refused to leave his trailer, demanded daily massages, and would "butt" heads with everyone around him. The ass was not available for comment, but sources close to the prominent posterior say his mood of late has been crappy. Stay tuned to WWE.com for the premier of Mr. McMahon's "Kiss My Ass" cartoon.
 
195. In the latest edition of Bangin' with Ashley, Ashley talks about Lita's band, The Luchagors. WWE.com has the article. Ashley suffered some sort of implant injury on the European Tour yesterday or earlier today.
 
196. WWE officials are so confident that Monty Brown is going to sign that according to at least one backstage source Johnny Ace has already gave creative team members orders to begin writing a storyline to bring Brown into the company.
 
197. The Diva Nidia is pregnant and living in Italy, she proclaimed that she is pretty much done with WWE, and stated that she quit, but in truth, WWE release her.


good job with the news. I really am busy in school and in my footbal team so i cant post as much news. Thanks for keeping everyone informed. Just remember where this news idea cameforom
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

"Only a coward accepts Death"

"
Only a coward accepts death"
Message 85 of 6,809 (377 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 06/15/2006
Offline
2260 posts
 

Re: WWE News Thread

Nov 16, 2006


Shadyhere wrote:


Basil Zero wrote:
Semi-Big News Update---WWE Security Problems in UK? Monty Brown?
 
193. Apparently, some WWE stars had problems at the Manchester Airport in regards to carrying luggage. Here is what was posted on WWE.com: "It wasn't an easy process for the Raw Superstars to travel to Aberdeen, Scotland. Due to heavy security at the airport in Manchester, England, Superstars were limited to only one carry-on bag. Since he couldn’t fit it in his carry-on luggage, Jeff Hardy was forced to show off his new Intercontinental Championship as he carried it onto the plane. John Cena also had an unexpected opportunity to show off his gold when x-ray security examined the WWE Championship. Later, more security examined the title's diamonds."
 
194. WWE.com posted the following message regarding the Vince McMahon cartoon on WWE.com, which was to have debuted today: Mr. McMahon’s "Kiss My Ass" cartoon, which was to have debuted today, has been delayed due to the stubbornness of one of its stars. The cartoon’s director claims that although Mr. McMahon was great to work with, his ass often refused to leave his trailer, demanded daily massages, and would "butt" heads with everyone around him. The ass was not available for comment, but sources close to the prominent posterior say his mood of late has been crappy. Stay tuned to WWE.com for the premier of Mr. McMahon's "Kiss My Ass" cartoon.
 
195. In the latest edition of Bangin' with Ashley, Ashley talks about Lita's band, The Luchagors. WWE.com has the article. Ashley suffered some sort of implant injury on the European Tour yesterday or earlier today.
 
196. WWE officials are so confident that Monty Brown is going to sign that according to at least one backstage source Johnny Ace has already gave creative team members orders to begin writing a storyline to bring Brown into the company.
 
197. The Diva Nidia is pregnant and living in Italy, she proclaimed that she is pretty much done with WWE, and stated that she quit, but in truth, WWE release her.


good job with the news. I really am busy in school and in my footbal team so i cant post as much news. Thanks for keeping everyone informed. Just remember where this news idea cameforom



dont worry i wont forget
Message 86 of 6,809 (377 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 06/15/2006
Offline
2260 posts
 

Re: WWE News Thread

Nov 16, 2006
LARGEST NEWS UPDATE--SvsR2007 Game Sales, WWE Mistakes and Deals, SuperStar Updates, Hogan in TNA or against Stone Cold?
 
198. WWE and Madison Square Garden will be making some sort of joint announcement next Tuesday. There is no word yet on what the announcement will be, but it will probably be for a major PPV to be held in the building next year. SummerSlam was originally scheduled to take place in MSG, but then it was moved to the Continental Airlines Arena. Perhaps SummerSlam in MSG is back on. Practically all of the WWE PPVs scheduled for next year already have their venues booked.
 
199. Bobby Lashley is in the list for auditions for the MMA movie "Never Submit," is because Lashley is represented by MMA management. Sean Sherk, Chuck Liddell, Ken Shamrock, Phil Baroni Trevor Prangley, Josh Thompson, Jon Fitch, Cane Valesquez, Paul Buentello, Bobby Southworth, Forrest Griffin, Josh Koscheck, Cung Le, Mike Swick and Rashad Evans are other names listed as auditioning for roles in the movie. Auditions are on November 19th at American Kickboxing Academy in San Jose and December 10th at the Gracie Barra facility in the Chicago area.
 
200.The latest WWE video game SmackDown vs. RAW 2007 for the PS2 was the second best selling game in the UK last week. Expectations are that the game will bring incredible numbers.
 
201. Beth Phoenix has posted up a new message on her MySpace page (myspace.com/wwebethphoenix) Regarding a possible return to RAW, Beth posted the following: I still am receiving questions about my return to RAW...trust me...I'm just as excited to get back in the mix! I feel better than ever and I'm ready to tackle whatever challenges come my way thanks to all the support and kindness everyone keeps generously dishing out! Love you guys! She also posted this a few days ago: First of all, I do not right now have a date to post for when I will be returning to RAW...but I can tell everyone that I promise to make an impact when I do go back. As anyone who has followed my career can tell you, I am never willing to accept anything less than the best...so that is my goal for returning to WWE....to become the BEST woman wrestler. Down in Ohio Valley Wrestling, its been reported that they have her dressing, looking and even doing some of the same mannerisms of one Trish Stratus. Phoenix recently lost the OVW Women's Championship a few weeks ago to Katie Lea (UK's Nikita).
 
202. 2006 Diva Search contestants Maryse Ouellet and Milena Roucka are currently training in Ohio Valley Wrestling. They have yet to appear on OVW television, although, the other Diva Search contestant, Amy Zidian, is currently appearing on their shows. Also, Maryse probably won't be making any more inconsequential appearances on SmackDown until they find a full-time role for her.
 
203. Ashley's latest injury would be her fourth brush with pain this year. In February, Ashley suffered a spiral crack in her left fibula while being eliminated from a women's Battle Royal. The injury required surgery because a plate had to be positioned in her leg. She was on crutches for about two months. In August, Massaro's right knuckle shattered during a match with Kristal Marshall. Ashley had to wear a hand cast for four weeks, but no surgery was required. If that wasn't enough, Ashley was involved in a car accident after leaving the LaGuardia Airport in New York a few weeks later. The accident occurred on a nearby highway going about 60 miles an hour. Ashley seemed fined from the accident, but her car was wrecked.
 
204. Hulk Hogan was on the Bubba the Love Sponge yesterday. Hogan said that he still wants a match with Steve Austin at WrestleMania. TNA was also brought up and Hogan said that for the right price he would go to TNA. Bubba asked if $6 million per year was the right price and Hogan laughed and said that kind of money isn't even in his league. Hulk Hogan also said that Swede Hanson and Angelo Mosca were the toughest guys in wrestling he came across.
 
205. WWE Champion John Cena will be appearing as a presenter on for the Action Sports Awards that airs on December 10th on Fox.
 
206. Ron and Fez had Kurt Angle on yesterday. It was funny though because when he came on, they played his WWE Theme and was chanting the "You Suck" sing along. He was pissed about it. Angle than went on his typical tirade and continued to follow it up by saying he has nothing against Vince. It was pretty though. The funniest part though was when they came back from Break, Angle had left and Ron said "There goes Kurt Angle: Burning Bridges and Making Friends." He sounded REALLY OFF.
 
207. Ted DiBiase released a statement on his official website MillionDollarman.com saying that his and Tim Horner’s release was due to cutbacks. Both were released by the company last month
 
208. Big Show’s career as a wrestler could be in jeopardy. Sources close to the ECW World Champion indicate that his back problems have gotten worse and that he will be leaving the company at least temporarily in a few weeks. Big Show was removed from the European house show tour and replaced with Paul Heyman because of the severity of his back problems. At least one source says that it is nearly guaranteed that Show will lose his title during the Elimination Chamber match and it may be the final match of his career. While he’s still contractually obligated to WWE until at least early December, there’s a chance he could work a match or two right after the PPV, but that remains unlikely. It should be noted that Big Show is legitimately 530 pounds.
 
209. The USA Network will be airing a 2-hour special called "WWE Tribute To The Troops: Christmas From Baghdad" on Monday, December 25th, 2006 at 9 PM.
 
210. Thought you might want to know that a magazine over here in the UK called Kraze Kids or Kraze Klub, or something like that ran a competition to win tickets to a WWE UK event and also featured an interview with King Booker who they wrongly listed as a RAW Superstar and that both the Heavyweight Championship and WWE Championship are on the RAW Brand. No mention of Smackdown at all.
Message 87 of 6,809 (377 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 04/09/2005
Offline
1710 posts
 

Re: WWE News Thread

Nov 16, 2006
Wow, you find a lot of news!
Message 88 of 6,809 (377 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Gaming Beast
Registered: 06/15/2006
Offline
2260 posts
 

Re: WWE News Thread

Nov 17, 2006
Largest News Update---OVW looks bad, JR on TNA Cancellation, Hogan to Honor Andre the Giant, and Monty Brown signs WWE Contract!
 
211. For those who like to know the TV Ratings, RAW on Monday did a 3.8 rating off hours of 3.6 and 3.9, AM RAW did a 0.5 rating, AM RAW did a 0.5 rating, and ECW did a 1.6 rating this week off hours of 1.4, 1.5, 1.5, 1.5, and 1.7 for the overrun.
 
212. The WWE writing team went down to Ohio Valley Wrestling last week for a half-day to see how things were going, and well, they weren't too impressed with what they saw. They believe that the place has "fallen apart" since Paul Heyman (and previously Jim Cornette) was running it. They don't see too many "hot prospects" down in OVW. Also, the place doesn't seem to be run too well, although, WWE doesn't spend much money on it. With three brands, OVW has become less of a priority because they are using most everyone. WWE used to send people with experience or wrestlers that weren't being used down to OVW to help train the wrestlers. Basically, OVW is lacking "teachers", which ends up hurting the talent.
 
213. Hulk Hogan recently said that he would be honoring Andre the Giant at WrestleMania next year. How he will be honoring Andre isn't known yet. Possibly in the Hall of Fame.
 
214. WWE.com has an article on William Regal and Finlay returning to the ring in the United Kingdom.
 
215. WWE announced yesterday that they would reveal their quarterly earnings report on December 5, 2006 for the quarter completed on October 27th. Some are speculating that WWE will tout Wrestlemania Ticket sales, even though the official ticket sales did not occur in that quarter.
 
216. To those who may not know, but Tazz hasn't been in ECW last week nor in the European Tour because of Knee Surgery that he had to go under.
 
217. As a reminder, Batista's appearance on Smallville airs tonight on the CW network.
 
218. The presale password for the 12/12 Smackdown/ECW show in Boston is "Insider".
 
219. Tickets for the 12/26 Smackdown/ECW show in Hershey, PA go on sale tomorrow. A local radio commercial says that the following commercials will be taking place: King Booker vs. Batista in a 15' steel cage, Kane & Undertaker vs. Kennedy & MVP, Fatal 4 Way - RVD, Sabu, Test & Hardcore Holly.
 
220. There has been reports that the recently released Psicosis is heading to AAA, but wants to work for TNA as well.
 
221. WWE’s announcement that will be made Tuesday at Madison Square Garden will be to officially announce this year's "Tribute to the Troops" visit to Iraq. Vince McMahon, JBL, Lilian Garcia, Carlito, Torrie Wilson and Lashley are scheduled to appear at the Tribute to the Troops press conference. Todd Grisham will host the event.
 
222. Circuit City is selling a four-disc special set with Roddy Piper’s new DVD. The set features a ton of Piper's Pits with Adrian Adonis, Hulk Hogan, Kamala, Bob Orton, Paul Orndorff, Jesse Ventura and more.
 
223. Jim Ross recently addressed the TNA House Show cancellation in East Hartford, CT last Saturday night over on his official website stating the following: "I would virtually guarantee you no upper level executive at the WWE was even aware of the event, especially the Chairman. To assume the WWE had anything to do with this matter is Oliver Stone conspiracy theory stuff. It does make for good gossip and it got us talking."
 
224. The Japanese publication Weekly Pro Wrestling picked DX as the WWE's 2006 MVP, and selected Vince McMahon vs. Shawn Michaels as match of the year.
 
225. According to Rolling Stone Magazine, old school rapper Melle Mel, 45, claims he was training in Deep South trying to get a WWE deal. Fans of 80's music may remember him performing on Chaka Khan's hit song "I Feel for You."
 
226. The following is from WWE.com:

"Monty Brown", formerly of the Buffalo Bills, has signed with World Wrestling Entertainment."

Message 89 of 6,809 (377 Views)
0 Likes