Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Gaming Beast
2260 posts

Re: WWE News Thread

Nov 12, 2006
dwizzle13--I didn't even know they still did am raw.  I've asked people and they said no.  When is it on?  LOL, it's the one wwe thing I didn't know.

its on like at 1:00 am i believe on Sat..

Message Edited by Basil Zero on 11-11-2006 08:32 PM

Message Edited by Basil Zero on 11-11-2006 08:32 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 70 of 6,809 (339 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2260 posts

Nov 12, 2006
Small News Update----Detroit News Hits and British News Reports about Regal?

147. The Wrestling Observer reports that WWE will be going back to doing small charity house type events. This means that WWE will be looking at running high schools again to run lower overhead events.

148. The British national newspaper ‘The Sun’ features a story on William Regal. The story goes on to mention WWE thought he was going to need a heart transplant. The story also mentioned that he was on a $1 million per year contract.

149. Both of the major Detroit newspapers (The Detroit Free Press and The Detroit News) featured articles on WWE WrestleMania 23. The Detroit Free Press featured an article on their front page and the Detroit News featured an article in front of the features section. The articles features quotes from the Brooklyn Brawler, Jim Duggan, and Jimmy Hart.

150. This week’s edition of WWE Friday Night SmackDown scored a 2.7 fast national rating with a five share. This a slightly lower than the last few week’s however still is a healthy number. The final number will be out next week.

Message Edited by Basil Zero on 11-11-2006 08:38 PM

Message Edited by Basil Zero on 11-11-2006 08:39 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 71 of 6,809 (339 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2260 posts

Nov 13, 2006
BIG NEWS UPDATE---Controversy makes...more controversy, WWE VS TNA?

151. Apparently Tim Horner was released as an agent because wasn't good with finishes nor fast enough reacting to things backstage.

152. Ted DiBiase was let go because he had trouble communicating the finishes the office sent for him to give to the talent. DiBiase had been moved to the ECW brand, and was known for writing extremely honest house show reports.

153. There had been talk of WWE inducting DiBiase into the hall of fame, but his release didn't increase his chances.

154.  WWE has offered The Big Show a five year contract extension worth $1 million per year. The Big Show has made no  OFFICIAL decision about his future. As previously reported, The Big Show's contract expires in February. More on this in the coming days.

155. At Survivor Series, WWE fans will witness the bloody result of a heated rivalry between two powerful SmackDown Superstars. On one side: the young and brazen Mr. Kennedy, on the other: the legendary Undertaker. WWE.com has confirmed that the two men will meet in a First Blood Match, one of the most brutal confrontations in the world of sports-entertainment.

156. The word going around the WWE locker room is that Vince McMahon’s behavior is getting even worse. One source was quoted as to saying "He has everyone on edge because you never know when Vince is going to show up." McMahon is said to be very moody and unpredictable.

157. A top unnamed WWE superstar has been telling friends that he wished he wouldn’t of signed a contract extension with WWE the last time for as long as he did. The superstar says he would prefer to head to TNA for a variety of reasons.

158. Another WWE wrestler was quoted as saying "The guys who used to be marks for being in WWE are starting to see TNA as a better place to be.” "TNA is seen as a viable alternative by more and more guys."

159. WWE is aware of these issues, therefore are requiring superstars to re-sign at least four to six months before their contracts expire so they will not be main-eventing one week in WWE and then debuting in TNA the next.

160. World Wrestling Entertainment's Vice President of Corporate Communications Gary Davis, issued an email statement to Bob Ryder of 1wrestling.com last night regarding the cancellation of last night's TNA show in Connecticut.

Davis wrote, "Please make clear to your readers that there is no truth to the assertion that WWE had anything to do with the cancellation of the TNA event in Bloomfield. I don't know why the event was cancelled, but, whatever the reason, it had nothing to do with us."

Please use plain text.
Message 72 of 6,809 (339 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2260 posts

Nov 13, 2006
Small News Update----K-Fed's Life is getting worse

161. Kevin Federline has been served more bad news as he braces himself for a divorce and custody battle with Britney Spears - his debut album hasn't even dented the top 100 on the new Billboard 200 chart. The release, PLAYING WITH FIRE, has entered the chart at a lowly 151, selling less than 7,000 copies. Joking about what he'd do if the album didn't perform well on the chart during an MTV interview last week (02NOV06), Federline said, "I would probably poop on myself." Ouch, he's gonna eat his words...

162. It has been confirmed, King Booker will defend the World Heavyweight title against Batista at the 11/26 Survivor Series PPV.

163. Stephanie McMahon now back on the road full-time with WWE after being away on maternity leave.

164. WWE and Bob Sapp did not come to terms on a five-year contract agreement, but may try renegotiating sometime in the future.

165. Kevin Federline spoke about his first RAW appearance in a recent radio interview and seemed kind of confused about staying in-character. He ended up saying that he knew ahead of time he was going to be slammed by Cena, but “not the way it happened”.
Please use plain text.
Message 73 of 6,809 (339 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2260 posts

Nov 13, 2006
BIG NEWS UPDATE---Eddie Guerrero's One Year Death Anniversary 11/13/06

166. The last Survivor Series match has just been announced on WWE.com. Women's Champion Lita will defend her gold against former champ Mickie James at the Survivor Series.

167. Mysterio had his surgery on 11/8. His left knee was cleaned up and he had his ACL repaired. It was not as complicated as originally thought as the whole operation was done inside 90 minutes. There is an outside chance he'll be back for Mania, but May is more of a possibility

168. Nattie Neidhart was on "The LAW" last night and she said that her fiancée T.J. Wilson and herself were recently in Deep South Wrestling trying out. As reported earlier, Neidhart said that Wilson landed a developmental contract with WWE. Regarding her possible WWE status, Neidhart said that she would love to wrestle for them and that they are "working things out" at the moment.

169. Lita's band, The Luchagors, have a MySpace page. You can check the page out at myspace.com/theluchagors13. The page features three songs in which Lita sings in.

170. As reported earlier, WWE is going back to doing house shows in small venues as fundraisers for charity organizations. All interested parties should send requests or questions to them on a 501(3)c non-profit organization letterhead to the following address: World Wrestling Entertainment, Attn: FUNDRAISERS, P.O. Box 1395, Stamford, CT 06902

171. WWE is considering running a PPV in the UK in the Autumn of 2007 or Spring of 2008. The PPV may air only in the UK, although WWE could possibly run it live worldwide.

172. The World Wildlife Fund has lost their attempt to gain control of the WWF.com domain name. The domain name arbitration panel of the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) ruled against WWF and in favor of the name's current owner, Gregory Ricks of Texas, who bought the name in 2003. Ricks had a wrestling forum at the site previously, and now has links to wrestling related products.

173. For those who don't know, today is the one year anniversary of the death of Eddie Guerrero. WWE.com has a Eddie Guerrero tribute video up featuring comments from Ken Kennedy (Eddie's last opponent) and Chavo Guerrero. One year ago today, Eddie Guerrero passed away at the age of 38. WWE.com has added a tribute video for Eddie Guerrero featuring comments from Chavo Guerrero and Mr. Kennedy. In the clip, Chavo talks about the help he received from Eddie during his career, while Kennedy describes what it was like to be the last person to face Eddie in the ring. To view the video clip, visit WWE.com.

174. The following is from WWE.com:

Intercontinental Championship rematch

Last week on RAW, Johnny Nitro captured the Intercontinental Championship in controversial fashion when he defeated Jeff Hardy. This week, Hardy tries to reclaim what he feels is rightfully his when he challenges Nitro for the gold? Can Hardy become a three-time Intercontinental Champion? Find out tonight.

Also on RAW is John Cena vs. Umaga and Edge & Randy Orton will get a rematch against World Tag Team Champions Rowdy Roddy Piper & Ric Flair.

175.  John Cena's 'The Marine' had an additional $292,258 in box office revenue from Monday till Friday which sent the total ticket sales of $17,239,851 domestically plus $332,082 in foreign box office. The movie is now playing in 1,010 theatres nationwide. Weekend sales have not been released yet.

176. Just when you thought it couldn't get worse....it did. Starting next Wednesday on WWE.COM, there will be a 'Mr. McMahon's Kiss My Ass' cartoon. A preview is already up on WWE.COM, where McMahon's butt even has its own two hands. Yep, and if you thought The Rock 'N' Wrestling cartoons were bad, wait till you see this one!

177. TNAwrestling.com has posted footage of The James Gang (BG James & Kip James - formerly Road Dogg & Billy Gunn) talking about the cancellation of TNA's House Show event in Bloomfield, CT this past Saturday night. The duo then reveals they are in "WWE's backyard" and turn to reveal WWE Headquarters in Stamford, CT in the background. TNA is teasing that more will be revealed during the primetime debut of iMPACT! this Thursday night at 9pm ET on Spike TV.

Please use plain text.
Message 74 of 6,809 (339 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1372 posts

Nov 14, 2006
LOL @ #176

Thanks for the news updates, Basil
Please use plain text.
Message 75 of 6,809 (339 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2260 posts

Nov 14, 2006

DGProlific wrote:
LOL @ #176

Thanks for the news updates, Basil

Thanks for the comment

SMALL NEWS UPDATE

178. DVDs on Steve Austin and John Cena will both be coming out in November of 2007, and a DVD on Rey Mysterio will be coming out in October 2007
Please use plain text.
Message 76 of 6,809 (339 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
17140 posts

Nov 14, 2006
Anyone know when WWE moved New Years Revolution to Kansas City, Missouri? Link

I really wanted to go.
Please use plain text.
Message 77 of 6,809 (339 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2260 posts

Nov 14, 2006

The One wrote:

I really wanted to go.

i think it was announced like a few months ago when they announced WMXIII's location
Please use plain text.
Message 78 of 6,809 (339 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
17140 posts

Nov 14, 2006

Basil Zero wrote:

The One wrote:

I really wanted to go.

i think it was announced like a few months ago when they announced WMXIII's location

Huh, that really sucks... I knew it was rumored, but I never saw anything official on their website until today. I really wanted to go to NYR because I have never been to a live wrestling event before.
Please use plain text.
Message 79 of 6,809 (339 Views)
0 Likes