Gaming Beast
2260 posts

Re: WWE News Thread

Nov 9, 2006
SEMI BIG NEWS UPDATE---Rey Mysterio's Health Status

116.  Ring of Honor Tag Team champion Claudio Castagnoli has signed a developmental deal with WWE and will likely report to Deep South Wrestling next month. Castagnoli also currently holds tag titles in Chikara and Combat Wrestling Zone.

117.  There were some booking changes made for WWE's tour of Europe over the next week. Due to his lingering injuries, Big Show has been taken off all house shows. Paul Heyman will be replacing him in matches against Rob Van Dam. Umaga was originally scheduled to team with Orton, but he will now be wrestling against Cena throughout the tour. Orton & Edge will be wrestling DX on the tour. Roddy Piper has been added to the tour and he'll be defending his tag belt with Ric Flair against the Spirit Squad. Shelton was originally scheduled to wrestle Flair, but he'll now participate in four-way IC title matches with Nitro, Carlito and Jeff Hardy. On 11/15 in Glasgow, Scotland, there is a three-way match between Booker, Batista and Finlay. And lastly, Funaki has been added to the tour.

118. Jim Ross' WWE contract expired on 10/29, but he's currently working under a very short-term extension.

119. Canadian wrestler TJ Wilson has signed a WWE developmental deal and he will be heading to Ohio Valley Wrestling.

120. The cover art for the upcoming AWA DVD is now online. It generally features stars who were in both the AWA and the World Wrestling Federation. On Shopzone, you can also get an AWA t-shirt.

121. "The Marine" is up to $17,101,718 in box office sales.

122. Tickets for WrestleMania 23 in Detroit go on sale this Saturday at 10am ET. Ticket Prices are being listed at $750, $250, $150, $100, $75, $45 and $30. It should be noted that a good portion of the tickets have been sold via presales.

123. Earlier today in San Diego, SmackDown Superstar Rey Mysterio underwent an intense surgical procedure to repair his ACL in his left leg. WWE.com spoke to Mysterio’s surgeon Dr. David Chao who said the surgery was a success.

“ a fair amount of damage in his knee because of all his previous injuries,” explained Chao. “There was cartilage damage and meniscus damage that we smoothed and cleaned but there were no complications. It’s quite a feat that he was still wrestling especially as acrobatic as he is.”

According to Mysterio’s surgeon, the former World Champion’s demeanor was positive heading into the procedure and even higher in spirits heading out. Chao said the surgery lasted about an hour-and-a-half, which was remarkably shorter than expected.

“At this point, we’re anticipating that Rey will certainly be able to return to ,” Chao stated.

Chao’s immediate prognosis is that Mysterio will make it back to the ring in four to six months, if not sooner. He also spoke to whether he believed the master of the 619 would ever be the swift high-flyer ever again.

“It’s not the flying around I’m worried about, it’s the landing,” Chao laughed. “I think that Rey will do very, very well,” he affirmed.

124. This week’s edition of ECW on Sci-Fi did a 1.5 cable rating with a 2.0 share. This is down just a little from last week’s 1.6. The show did quarter hours of 1.4, 1-5, 1.5, 1.4 and an overrun of 1.7.  Dont you guys think that Sci-Fi is a weak channel to put ECW, especially considering the fact that smackdown is on Non-Cable televison and is doing better and is more expensive to take care than ECW, they might as well put ECW into a non-cable channel that way WWE wont lose so much money.

Message 60 of 6,809 (388 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2260 posts

Nov 9, 2006
NEWS UPDATE----NEW MATCH ANNOUNCED FOR SURVIVOR SERIES

125. John Cena's "The Marine" has made $17,101,718 thus far since its release.

126. As noted, Stone Cold was at WWE Headquarters in Stamford, Conn. to talk about his upcoming movie The Condemned. Apparently, some footage of Austin talking about his upcoming movie should be airing soon. In an article on WWE.com, Austin noted that he had signed a three picture deal with WWE - so this won't be the last one.

127. Kevin Federline's album debuts on Billboard at #151 with only 6,000 copies sold. In comparison, John Cena's CD debuted at #15 on the Billboard Charts when it was initially released. Furthermore, Brooke Hogan's CD sold 30,000 copies during its first week.

128. Dan Rodimer, from the last season of Tough Enough, recently made his WWE house show debut by pinning Val Venis in a match. He only has two months worth of wrestling training as he just started in August or September. Rodimer is said to be on the fast track and he'll probably be called up to the main roster soon. Also, he's using the nickname "The Real Deal."

129. Former World Tag Team Champions the Spirit Squad have hade their problems with the legendary “Nature Boy” Ric Flair as of late. At Survivor Series, they’ll have a heaping helping of Legend trouble, as Squad members Johnny, Kenny, Mikey and Nicky will face Flair, Dusty Rhodes and WWE Hall of Famers “Rowdy” Roddy Piper and Sgt. Slaughter in a Traditional Survivor Series Elimination Match.

Problems began when each member of the Squad tried to defeat Flair in singles action; three were unsuccessful before Kenny finally achieved the goal. However, a match was made pitting Flair and a legendary partner of the WWE fans’ choosing against the Squad for the World Tag Team Titles at Cyber Sunday. The options were Piper, Slaughter and Rhodes; WWE fans chose Piper, and he and the “Nature Boy” defeated Kenny and Mikey to claim the gold.

Despite not being chosen, Slaughter and Rhodes were firmly in Flair & Piper’s corner, helping them dispatch the Squad following the match. But at Survivor Series, all four will get the chance to battle the cheerleading quintet.

The Squad’s fifth member, Mitch, will be lurking at ringside as always; however, the Legends team will have another one in their corner, as Flair’s best friend and former Four Horsemen teammate Arn Anderson will be at ringside with them. Will experience triumph over youth once more, or will the Squad finally get it back on track against four of the all-time greats?

130.  WWE Films had a monster year in 2006 that saw huge successes from their first two movies: Kane’s "See No Evil," available Nov. 28 on DVD, and John Cena’s “The Marine." With WWE Films’ next project due out in early 2007, next year looks to be no different.

131. WWE Films’ third release, “The Condemned”, stars Stone Cold Steve Austin and hits theatres this coming spring. While “The Condemned” has big footsteps to follow, the star of the film is excited and looking forward to his second role on the big screen.

“WWE Films had the best of everything and it was all completely first class,” said Austin. “I’ve been in two movies before this, however I was thoroughly impressed .”

Austin was so impressed that he signed a three picture deal.

“I get to do my part to help make the film division the success I know it will be.”

In his second film he plays a much larger role than he did in his first movie, “The Longest Yard” with Adam Sandler. Austin told WWE.com that his fans may be surprised at what they see in his portrayal of Jack Conrad in “The Condemned.” “The Stone Cold that many WWE fans are used to is a bit different from the Jack Conrad they’ll see on the screen,” he said with a smirk. “Jack Conrad is pretty reserved and not overly wordy, but as the reluctant hero, you don’t have to run your mouth about yourself,” he continued. “Other people tend to talk for you and build the background of the character.” Fortunately for Austin, the transition from winning championships as a WWE Superstar to taking the lead role on the silver screen went surprisingly well.

“I was doing a fight scene with Vinnie Jones (“Snatch,” “X-Men: The Last Stand”), who plays my nemesis on the island, and it took us over a week to shoot it,” Austin explained. “We were in a river bed and every time we started it would start raining,” he said while shaking his head and smiling. “We’d have to stop and stand around for several hours under umbrellas and in the end a fight sequence that was supposed to last two days ended up taking over a week.”

Although “The Condemned” is roughly five to six months away from its release, many of Stone Cold’s fans are anxiously counting down the days until it opens in theaters nationwide.

132. Eric Bischoff’s contract with WWE expires in July 2007. So far there’s no word on whether he will stay or leave.

133. WWE.com has added some pics of Bobby Lashley and Layla from their recent appearance in Germany. Check it out at WWE.com

134. Too Cold Scorpio is scheduled to make his debut on Smackdown in a few weeks under the name Flash Funk, the name he used years ago in WWF. Booker T is good friends with Too Cold Scorpio and had been pushing to get him on the same show. There are also rumors of a feud which could occur when he comes to WWE with JBL.

Message 61 of 6,809 (388 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
952 posts

Nov 9, 2006
Are they going to hire jr to a longer contract?  The only thing that is good that could come out of him not being w/ wwe if that happens is tna getting him.  If they get him then I would truly like tna, since one main problem is their announcing. 
My site- www.finalburn.blogspot.com & dwizle13.wordpress.com 500th post on 08-31-2006 02:53 PM

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Message 62 of 6,809 (388 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2260 posts

Nov 10, 2006
SMALL NEWS UPDATE-----Funny Mistake on Raw House Yesterday, Spirit Squad finally got cheered

135. Kevin Federline’s recently released album "Playing With Fire" debuted on the Billboard chart at #151 with only 6,000 copies sold.

136. Apparently the paid attendance to Kevin Federline's concert at the House of Blues in Chicago last night was 38. Tickets were given away all day to get the audience up to 100 or so.

137. Howard Stern talked about Kevin Federline's latest appearance on WWE this past Monday night. The show played Federline's promo and laughed at his line about mentioning Miami as one of the many cities he and Britney lives in given the announcement of their divorce this week. Co-host Robin said no one was going to care about John Cena vs. K-Fed because of the recent divorce.

138. According to reports, on the WWE No Mercy DVD the screen goes blank for a fraction of a second when William Regal exposed himself on the PPV.

139. Funny note from the Raw House Show in Glasgow yesterday. The Spirit Squad ended up getting themselves inadvertently cheered when they spit and stomped on a Glasgow Rangers jersey. Roddy Piper came out during the match wearing both Glasgow Rangers and Glasgow Celtic football gear. What WWE didn't know is that the two local teams are huge rivals. When The Spirit Squad went after the Rangers gear, 90% of the crowd cheered loudly.

140. Independent diva Josie has moved to Louisville in the hopes of landing a WWE developmental deal.

141. Another pre-sale for Wrestlemania XXIII Tickets is still ongoing. Go to http://www.wrif.com/presale and type in WWEWRIF as the password. All the other pre-sales have ended and this will be the final pre-sale before tickets go on sale to the general public.

Message 63 of 6,809 (388 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1377 posts

Nov 10, 2006
Lmao @ news update #135
Message 64 of 6,809 (388 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2260 posts

Nov 10, 2006
Small News Update---------Slow News Today

142. TJ Wilson released the following statement regarding his recent signing to a developmental deal with WWE:

"It has been a couple of very busy days as I have just returned from New York where I took part in my very first PWX show, and just got back in Calgary today.

As many of you have read on various internet websites over the past few days, rumour has it that I have signed with the WWE. I have in fact, come to terms on an agreement for a developmental contract, and will be heading down to the US to start wrestling in their developmental territories in the near future. Exact details and dates have yet to be determined, but as soon as anything is confirmed it will be passed on to everyone. I want to thank everyone very much for all the emails and messages of well wishes. Like always, the support of the fans and fellow wrestlers is what makes everything worth it. I look very much towards the next stage of my pro wrestling career."

Message 65 of 6,809 (388 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
952 posts

Nov 10, 2006
LOL, the spirit squad got cheered, it's wrestlemania 22 all over again.  Wierd, I never heard that regal exposed himself, odd...
My site- www.finalburn.blogspot.com & dwizle13.wordpress.com 500th post on 08-31-2006 02:53 PM

Message 66 of 6,809 (388 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2260 posts

Nov 11, 2006
Minor News Update-----Wrestlemania XXIII/Hall of Fame and K-Fed's Demise

143. Last Saturday’s edition of WWE AM RAW scored a 0.5 rating with a 2.2 share

144. K-Fed was performing a concert last night at the House of Blues in Chicago. The total paid attendance was 38 people, an earlier concert had about 70 people lol.

145. WWE have a goal for WrestleMania 23 is to break Ford Field's attendance record. Ford Field hosted the largest crowd ever to attend a basketball game, as 78,129 people packed the dome stadium to watch Michigan State and Kentucky battle in NCAA hoops on December 13, 2003.

146. The Detroit News is reporting that the 2007 WWE Hall of Fame induction ceremony will take place at the Fox Theatre in Detroit on March 31st, 2007.

Message 67 of 6,809 (388 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
952 posts

Nov 11, 2006

Basil Zero wrote:
Minor News Update-----Wrestlemania XXIII/Hall of Fame and K-Fed's Demise

143. Last Saturday’s edition of WWE AM RAW scored a 0.5 rating with a 2.2 share

144. K-Fed was performing a concert last night at the House of Blues in Chicago. The total paid attendance was 38 people, an earlier concert had about 70 people lol.

145. WWE have a goal for WrestleMania 23 is to break Ford Field's attendance record. Ford Field hosted the largest crowd ever to attend a basketball game, as 78,129 people packed the dome stadium to watch Michigan State and Kentucky battle in NCAA hoops on December 13, 2003.

146. The Detroit News is reporting that the 2007 WWE Hall of Fame induction ceremony will take place at the Fox Theatre in Detroit on March 31st, 2007.

I didn't even know they still did am raw.  I've asked people and they said no.  When is it on?  LOL, it's the one wwe thing I didn't know. 

Message 68 of 6,809 (388 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1377 posts

Nov 11, 2006
LOL @ "K-Fedex"... so sad, so sad
Message 69 of 6,809 (388 Views)
0 Likes