According to Mysterio’s surgeon, the former World Champion’s demeanor was positive heading into the procedure and even higher in spirits heading out. Chao said the surgery lasted about an hour-and-a-half, which was remarkably shorter than expected.
“At this point, we’re anticipating that Rey will certainly be able to return to ,” Chao stated.
Chao’s immediate prognosis is that Mysterio will make it back to the ring in four to six months, if not sooner. He also spoke to whether he believed the master of the 619 would ever be the swift high-flyer ever again.
“It’s not the flying around I’m worried about, it’s the landing,” Chao laughed. “I think that Rey will do very, very well,” he affirmed.
124. This week’s edition of ECW on Sci-Fi did a 1.5 cable rating with a 2.0 share. This is down just a little from last week’s 1.6. The show did quarter hours of 1.4, 1-5, 1.5, 1.4 and an overrun of 1.7. Dont you guys think that Sci-Fi is a weak channel to put ECW, especially considering the fact that smackdown is on Non-Cable televison and is doing better and is more expensive to take care than ECW, they might as well put ECW into a non-cable channel that way WWE wont lose so much money.
Despite not being chosen, Slaughter and Rhodes were firmly in Flair & Piper’s corner, helping them dispatch the Squad following the match. But at Survivor Series, all four will get the chance to battle the cheerleading quintet.
The Squad’s fifth member, Mitch, will be lurking at ringside as always; however, the Legends team will have another one in their corner, as Flair’s best friend and former Four Horsemen teammate Arn Anderson will be at ringside with them. Will experience triumph over youth once more, or will the Squad finally get it back on track against four of the all-time greats?
130. WWE Films had a monster year in 2006 that saw huge successes from their first two movies: Kane’s "See No Evil," available Nov. 28 on DVD, and John Cena’s “The Marine." With WWE Films’ next project due out in early 2007, next year looks to be no different.
131. WWE Films’ third release, “The Condemned”, stars Stone Cold Steve Austin and hits theatres this coming spring. While “The Condemned” has big footsteps to follow, the star of the film is excited and looking forward to his second role on the big screen.
“WWE Films had the best of everything and it was all completely first class,” said Austin. “I’ve been in two movies before this, however I was thoroughly impressed .”
Austin was so impressed that he signed a three picture deal.
“I get to do my part to help make the film division the success I know it will be.”
In his second film he plays a much larger role than he did in his first movie, “The Longest Yard” with Adam Sandler. Austin told WWE.com that his fans may be surprised at what they see in his portrayal of Jack Conrad in “The Condemned.” “The Stone Cold that many WWE fans are used to is a bit different from the Jack Conrad they’ll see on the screen,” he said with a smirk. “Jack Conrad is pretty reserved and not overly wordy, but as the reluctant hero, you don’t have to run your mouth about yourself,” he continued. “Other people tend to talk for you and build the background of the character.” Fortunately for Austin, the transition from winning championships as a WWE Superstar to taking the lead role on the silver screen went surprisingly well.
“I was doing a fight scene with Vinnie Jones (“Snatch,” “X-Men: The Last Stand”), who plays my nemesis on the island, and it took us over a week to shoot it,” Austin explained. “We were in a river bed and every time we started it would start raining,” he said while shaking his head and smiling. “We’d have to stop and stand around for several hours under umbrellas and in the end a fight sequence that was supposed to last two days ended up taking over a week.”
Although “The Condemned” is roughly five to six months away from its release, many of Stone Cold’s fans are anxiously counting down the days until it opens in theaters nationwide.
132. Eric Bischoff’s contract with WWE expires in July 2007. So far there’s no word on whether he will stay or leave.
133. WWE.com has added some pics of Bobby Lashley and Layla from their recent appearance in Germany. Check it out at WWE.com
134. Too Cold Scorpio is scheduled to make his debut on Smackdown in a few weeks under the name Flash Funk, the name he used years ago in WWF. Booker T is good friends with Too Cold Scorpio and had been pushing to get him on the same show. There are also rumors of a feud which could occur when he comes to WWE with JBL.
As many of you have read on various internet websites over the past few days, rumour has it that I have signed with the WWE. I have in fact, come to terms on an agreement for a developmental contract, and will be heading down to the US to start wrestling in their developmental territories in the near future. Exact details and dates have yet to be determined, but as soon as anything is confirmed it will be passed on to everyone. I want to thank everyone very much for all the emails and messages of well wishes. Like always, the support of the fans and fellow wrestlers is what makes everything worth it. I look very much towards the next stage of my pro wrestling career."
I didn't even know they still did am raw. I've asked people and they said no. When is it on? LOL, it's the one wwe thing I didn't know.
Basil Zero wrote:Minor News Update-----Wrestlemania XXIII/Hall of Fame and K-Fed's Demise143. Last Saturday’s edition of WWE AM RAW scored a 0.5 rating with a 2.2 share144. K-Fed was performing a concert last night at the House of Blues in Chicago. The total paid attendance was 38 people, an earlier concert had about 70 people lol.145. WWE have a goal for WrestleMania 23 is to break Ford Field's attendance record. Ford Field hosted the largest crowd ever to attend a basketball game, as 78,129 people packed the dome stadium to watch Michigan State and Kentucky battle in NCAA hoops on December 13, 2003.146. The Detroit News is reporting that the 2007 WWE Hall of Fame induction ceremony will take place at the Fox Theatre in Detroit on March 31st, 2007.