Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Gaming Beast
2260 posts

Re: WWE News Thread

Nov 2, 2006
NEWS UPDATE

29. Legendary luchador Huracan Ramirez passed away this morning at the age of 80. Ramirez created the popular Huracarrana move that is used so often now in wrestling

30. WWE.com has an article up on CM Punk's appearance on Ghost Hunters last night

Message 20 of 6,809 (394 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2583 posts

Nov 2, 2006
I watched that live Ghosthunters thing, seeing CM Punk there was cool.

Insomniac Forums: GMR5
Visit My Website
Message 21 of 6,809 (394 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2260 posts

Nov 2, 2006
BIG NEWS UPDATE!

31. The final number for October 20th’s edition of WWE SmackDown scored a 2.8 broadcast rating with a five share. This means with last week’s SmackDown also scoring a 2.8, this is two weeks in a row which SmackDown has gotten their highest rating on the new CW Network.

32. Bob Sapp met with Vince McMahon and Johnny Ace at the 10/15 WWE SuperShow in Los Angeles. His name has been brought up several times before, but this is the first time in which a serious deal was being offered. However, there are major roadblocks preventing the deal from being made. The main one being that he can make more money in MMA in Japan, not to mention that he gets movie work, and WWE likes to "own" their top stars. If the deal is made, it would show that WWE wanted him badly. It was said that there was a better than 50% chance of a deal being made after the meeting, but within the last week or so, its probably less than 50%

33. There appears to be some confusion online regarding some developmental Divas being called up to SmackDown at this week's tapings. First off, Angel Williams will be the new manager of The Gymini in a deal similar to Michelle McCool and Idol Stevens & KC James. They probably won't be appearing on this week's SmackDown considering that they worked a dark match, but they should be up any week.

34. Jimmy Wayne Yang will debut a new valet this week, and she's a skinny young blonde girl as well. Some people seemed to confuse her with Williams due to their similar looks, but this is an entirely different person. Yang's new valet will be the first contestant who was eliminated in this year's Diva Search contest, Amy Zidian, who is 19 or 20 years old. She was the contestant who was shocked to be the first person eliminated, especially considering that she planned on throwing thongs out to the crowd afterwards. Then she started crying and all the other contestants comforted her before she left.

35. The latest WWE superstar to violate the company's Wellness policy is Deep South's "Freakin' Deacon (Drew Hankinson)," who had a Raw stint as the "Fake" Kane.

36. WWE Films' latest release starring John Cena, "The Marine", has finally grossed more than Kane's film, "See No Evil". After 18 days of release, "The Marine" has grossed $15,550,272 with half of the gross coming from the opening weekend. The film has dropped each weekend since its opening with it taking in $7,138,774 its opening weekend, $3,795,160 the following weekend, and just $1,885,388 this weekend.

37. SLAM! Wrestling has an interview up with Ted DiBiase where he talks about what he is going to do now that he is no longer with WWE. DiBiase says that he didn't want a fulltime job with WWE anymore and that he plans to go back to focusing on his ministry

38. The 11/3 pre-sale password for 2007 Royal Rumble tickets in San Antonio, TX is PILEDRIVER. Tickets go on sale the general public on Saturday.

39. WWE.com has put up Eddie Guerrero's final match ever (against Mr. Kennedy on 11/11/05) online. It is available to watch for free right now.

40. WWE has signed Robert "Egotistico Fantastico" Anthony & Keith "Mike Venom" Walker" to WWE Development deals. Both men are from the Mid-Western Independent scene and both will report to Deep South Wrestling in January.

41. The WWE Armageddon pay-per-view poster has been released. The poster is metallic blue and features WWE SmackDown superstar Batista. WWE Armageddon will air live on pay-per-view on December 17, 2006. To view to poster: www.pwmania.com/post/specials/headlines/164482010.php

Message 22 of 6,809 (394 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1373 posts

Nov 2, 2006
Big news indeed. Thanks for the info!
Message 23 of 6,809 (394 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
952 posts

Nov 3, 2006
Nice, I can't wait to see The Marine and Eddie's final match.  Sounds like there's a lot of good news out there. 
My site- www.finalburn.blogspot.com & dwizle13.wordpress.com 500th post on 08-31-2006 02:53 PM

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Message 24 of 6,809 (394 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2260 posts

Nov 3, 2006
News Update:

42. A number of readers who have pre-ordered their WrestleMania 23 tickets sent word today that they have started to arrive. The WrestleMania 23 goes on sale to the general public on November 11.

43. It seems like the fusion of the ECW/smackdown house shows will BE temporary until WWE has enough manpower and money to support its frail third brand. The plan at the moment is for the combined ECW/SmackDown house shows is that it will remain being a joint house show until possibly WrestleMania 23 time.

44. After what was reported to be a great evaluation tryout in Deep South Wrestling a few weeks ago, ROH Tag Team champion Claudio Castagnoli has received a WWE developmental offer. Claudio Castagnoli currently holds several Tag Team championships with partner Chris Hero.

45. Former WWF Intercontinental champion the Honkytonk Man signed a deal with Jakks Pacific this week to have his features recreated in a WWE Classic Superstar Action Figure.

46. It seems like WWE is making new action figures, this time of Kevin Nash and Scott Hall, even X-pac to be a few.

Message 25 of 6,809 (394 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2260 posts

Nov 3, 2006
News Update

47. WWE RAW announcer Jim Ross has updated his website with several new blogs. In one of the blogs, JR mentions that he does not have power to change the things people complain about to the readers who have been emailing him to change the product. He also states that his website is a Personal Website and that it is not a WWE website.

48. The following matches are confirmed for WWE Friday Night SmackDown:

Brian Kendrick and Paul London wAshley vs. Idol Stevens and K.C. James w/Michelle McCool

Kennedy and MVP vs. Kane and Undertaker

Mixed Tag Match Vito and Layla vs. Miz and Kristal

Gregory Helms vs. Jimmy Wang Yang

Bobby Lashley vs. Jamie Noble 

Bastista vs. Finley

Rey Mysterio, Chavo, Vicki, Chris Benoit, Boogeyman, Matt Hardy, King Booker, Sharmell, Little **bleep** and Teddy Long will all be on the show too

what i bolded is what i'm expecting to see lol

Message Edited by Basil Zero on 11-03-2006 12:18 PM
Message 26 of 6,809 (394 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1710 posts

Nov 3, 2006

Basil Zero wrote:
News Update

47. WWE RAW announcer Jim Ross has updated his website with several new blogs. In one of the blogs, JR mentions that he does not have power to change the things people complain about to the readers who have been emailing him to change the product. He also states that his website is a Personal Website and that it is not a WWE website.

48. The following matches are confirmed for WWE Friday Night SmackDown:

Brian Kendrick and Paul London wAshley vs. Idol Stevens and K.C. James w/Michelle McCool

Kennedy and MVP vs. Kane and Undertaker

Mixed Tag Match Vito and Layla vs. Miz and Kristal

Gregory Helms vs. Jimmy Wang Yang

Bobby Lashley vs. Jamie Noble 

Bastista vs. Finley

Rey Mysterio, Chavo, Vicki, Chris Benoit, Boogeyman, Matt Hardy, King Booker, Sharmell, Little **bleep** and Teddy Long will all be on the show too

what i bolded is what i'm expecting to see lol

Message Edited by Basil Zero on 11-03-2006 12:18 PM

Thanks for keeping us updated...lot to read though...
Message 27 of 6,809 (394 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
952 posts

Nov 3, 2006

Basil Zero wrote:
News Update:

42. A number of readers who have pre-ordered their WrestleMania 23 tickets sent word today that they have started to arrive. The WrestleMania 23 goes on sale to the general public on November 11.

43. It seems like the fusion of the ECW/smackdown house shows will BE temporary until WWE has enough manpower and money to support its frail third brand. The plan at the moment is for the combined ECW/SmackDown house shows is that it will remain being a joint house show until possibly WrestleMania 23 time.

44. After what was reported to be a great evaluation tryout in Deep South Wrestling a few weeks ago, ROH Tag Team champion Claudio Castagnoli has received a WWE developmental offer. Claudio Castagnoli currently holds several Tag Team championships with partner Chris Hero.

45. Former WWF Intercontinental champion the Honkytonk Man signed a deal with Jakks Pacific this week to have his features recreated in a WWE Classic Superstar Action Figure.

46. It seems like WWE is making new action figures, this time of Kevin Nash and Scott Hall, even X-pac to be a few.

I bet that will be sold out in two days.  I can't wait for the new figures, sweet, lol.  I think the nash is diesel, unless it's another one, so that'd be old. 
My site- www.finalburn.blogspot.com & dwizle13.wordpress.com 500th post on 08-31-2006 02:53 PM

Message 28 of 6,809 (394 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1291 posts

Nov 4, 2006
wow!!! this is a lot of info. i'll have to visit frequently.
Message 29 of 6,809 (394 Views)
0 Likes