Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 30 2011
By: Stovy50 Uncharted Territory 1431 posts

Would you trade in???

13 replies 57 views Edited Sep 30, 2011

A ps3 system for the vita if it was a newer slim one?The re ason I ask is.Because I plan on buying a vita when it comes out early spring.But I would not want to hang onto both system.I travel for my work doing a seasonal worker.And I move every six months to a new location.A lot  fun if you like travel.I was just wondering if any wondo such a thing.I mean the vita will be a ps3 just wo'n't have blue ray on it.Plus in that area I just use my laptop for movies etc..It would be a big strech for some of you.But would any of you do.I'm thinking about it my self...

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 14 (57 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19370 posts

Re: Would you trade in???

Sep 30, 2011

For what you described, the PSV may suit you better.

But a Vita is not a PS3.  PS3 has more utility as a home theatre center/entertainment hub, as it'll play on your TV, handle multipleyer on the one system, supports bluray (vita won't help and niether will laptop if no bluray drive).

It might suit you to trade. Would I? No, they are different systems, I'd want both; wouldn't trade one for the other.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 14 (57 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1431 posts

Sep 30, 2011

Solar_Difusion wrote:

For what you described, the PSV may suit you better.

But a Vita is not a PS3.  PS3 has more utility as a home theatre center/entertainment hub, as it'll play on your TV, handle multipleyer on the one system, supports bluray (vita won't help and niether will laptop if no bluray drive).

It might suit you to trade. Would I? No, they are different systems, I'd want both; wouldn't trade one for the other.

That is what I am having a hard time making a choice on.Since I travel a lot like I said , every s.ix months or so.I know most people would want both..My suituation is a little different.I do love my ps3 just wonder if this would be better for me.I also wouhld still have the other console at home when/if I go for breaks or use my laptop for online gaming it is powerful enough.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 14 (57 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6419 posts

Sep 30, 2011

No

Check out my PlayStation dedicated blog, PlayStation Persuasion!

http://playstationpersuasion.tumblr.com/

PSN: ScreamAimFire999 [PS4, PS3, PS Vita Owner]
Twitter: @PSPersuasion

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 14 (57 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Sep 30, 2011

I suggest sticking with the PS3 because the selection of games is larger. If space is an issue, I suggest getting one of these clip on monitors that fits on a PS3 Slim...

http://www.amazon.com/HD-LCD-Monitor-3-Playstation/dp/B003P8X75Y/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1317425886&s...

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 14 (57 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1431 posts

Sep 30, 2011

Heck I might as well go with the vita.The way that price is jeez.But thanks for suggesting.I think I'm gonna stick with the ps3 and still get the vita in March tho just gotta save my pennies

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 14 (57 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Oct 1, 2011

Good choice. BTW if you have internet access available for your PS3 and Vita, you will be able to remote play games on your Vita (in theory). So the Vita will almost be like having a portable PS3.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 14 (57 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
315 posts

Oct 1, 2011

I'd say stick with the vita. Just like Solar_Difusion said, it would suit you better.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 14 (57 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1431 posts

Oct 1, 2011

hawkeystar wrote:

I'd say stick with the vita. Just like Solar_Difusion said, it would suit you better.

I am still going to get the vita when it comes out( so far away) But I still need some sort of entertainment in the meant time.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 14 (57 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Oct 1, 2011

I would'nt trade a PS3 for a PSVITA but i would trade a PSP for a PSVITA if i could but it probably would'nt work.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 14 (57 Views)
0 Likes