Big Daddy
19205 posts

Re: Would you pay more for a PS4 version with backward compatibility?

Feb 23, 2013

No.

I don't see myself paying an extra $100 for a backward compatible PS4. 

Message 21 of 208 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
489 posts

Feb 23, 2013

ps3 are likely to get the ylod, glod, frezzing, disc cant read, overheating, ect. I would pay $100-200 just for BC on the ps4. So lets say the ps4 is $400 as rumors, im willing to pay $600 for the BC model.  I love to have a all in one system. Why have out a ps1, ps2, ps3, ps4 when you can just have out a ps4 that can play all those games. No messy wires. No worried when my ps3 will die on me (i have 2 ps3 that ylod/glod).

Message 22 of 208 (181 Views)
First Son
21 posts

Feb 23, 2013

No, I have a PS3, PS2, and a PS1. I don't need backwards compatibility, though it would be nice for downloaded games.

Message 23 of 208 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Feb 23, 2013

Certainly NOT.

I have 3 PS3's..... one is boxxed up since i got a super slim. two are B/C.... I also have PS1's and PS2s....

I think im good for many years to come when I get the nostalgic urge to play older games on Playstation.

I am NEVER selling any of my consoles

Furiously Chaosing
Message 24 of 208 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

Feb 23, 2013
N for No.
Message 25 of 208 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
573 posts

Feb 23, 2013

i would def get the one with BC!

sonyfanboys(you know who you are)can suck it easy!!!!

LONG LIVE CECHA01!!!
the absolute pinnacle of console video gaming!
Message 26 of 208 (164 Views)
Lombax Warrior
210 posts

Feb 23, 2013

ABSOLUTELY YES.

I have more than 100 PS3 medias, 200 PS2 medias, and I don't know how much of PSOne medias here. Will I need to throw by the window all my games? And my PSN account with tons of games? Gaikai does not work here, OnLive does not work here, Does not exist a 5mbps connection with less than 50ms latency for american server.

I expected more from Sony, for sure.

I wan't to remembers some words from Ken Kutaragi in 2003:

"PSone runs on the PlayStation 2 through emulation rather than actual hardware. PlayStation 3 will offer the same compatibility for PS2 software and the format will continue forever"

and  Phil Harrison in 2006:

"Backwards compatibility, as you know from PlayStation One and PlayStation 2, is a core value of what we believe we should offer, and access to the library of content people have created, bought for themselves, and accumulated over the years is necessary to create a format. PlayStation is a format, meaning that it transcends many devices - PSOne, PS2, and now PS3."

I don't have more HDMI ports on my TV, It's all connected (and I didn't receive yet my OUYA), that justity "keep your actual system connected" is not an option.

Sony failed badly. =/

Message 27 of 208 (162 Views)
Welcoming Committee
14623 posts

Feb 23, 2013

IvanDoomer wrote:

ABSOLUTELY YES.

I have more than 100 PS3 medias, 200 PS2 medias, and I don't know how much of PSOne medias here. Will I need to throw by the window all my games? And my PSN account with tons of games? Gaikai does not work here, OnLive does not work here, Does not exist a 5mbps connection with less than 50ms latency for american server.

I expected more from Sony, for sure.

I wan't to remembers some words from Ken Kutaragi in 2003:

"PSone runs on the PlayStation 2 through emulation rather than actual hardware. PlayStation 3 will offer the same compatibility for PS2 software and the format will continue forever"

and  Phil Harrison in 2006:

"Backwards compatibility, as you know from PlayStation One and PlayStation 2, is a core value of what we believe we should offer, and access to the library of content people have created, bought for themselves, and accumulated over the years is necessary to create a format. PlayStation is a format, meaning that it transcends many devices - PSOne, PS2, and now PS3."

I don't have more HDMI ports on my TV, It's all connected (and I didn't receive yet my OUYA), that justity "keep your actual system connected" is not an option.

Sony failed badly. =/

Switch out your cables when you need to. Keep the consoles. Play them as need be. Just have them out and put in the cords when you want to play. 

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 28 of 208 (160 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Feb 23, 2013
Yes, i would.
I have many, many games both physical and digital that i want to keep playing. I would buy a ps4 and keep my ps3 if i could but i just dont have the space for it in my room and i would like to sell my ps3 in order to buy the ps4 simply because it would make it easier for me to pay it. I dont want two consoles cramming the spot next to my tv. Yes, i would pay $100+ for an enhanced version of the ps4. But if it doesnt come i will not buy a ps4.
Message 29 of 208 (152 Views)
MVP Support
11164 posts

Feb 23, 2013

IvanDoomer wrote:

Sony failed badly. =/

Doesn't sound like a failure on Sony's part.  Even after the PS4 is released, your PS3 will still work (as long as you take care of it, that is).

A Sony failure would be if the PS3 immediately stopped working upon release of the PS4 (did the PS2 stop working when the PS3 came out?  No, it didn't - in fact, the PS2 was just discontinued last month, nearly 7 years after the release of the PS3).  The PS3 will receive support for at least another five or six years.

If you have that much invested in your PS3, you will find a way to make having an extra console work.

Message 30 of 208 (176 Views)
0 Likes