Keyblade Wielder
10134 posts

Re: Would you pay more for a PS4 version with backward compatibility?

Mar 22, 2013
I would assume E3 which will be June 11th through the 13th. I would prepare to have your preorder money ready. I'm just curious to know what is going to be the minimum money accepted for preorders.
Message 181 of 208 (683 Views)
Fender Bender
2785 posts

Mar 22, 2013

I gotta start saving money for the PS4! Smiley Happy

Message 182 of 208 (648 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
6032 posts

Mar 22, 2013

I'll put my two cents here as well.

Small niche group who are a bunch of big whiney babies.

You got upset over that. Good.

When Sony pulled Linux out the PS3, you got upset over that. Good.

When Sony pulled backwards compatibility for PS2 games on the PS3

to resell some as HD/3D/Trophy added collections you got upset over that. Good.

When that stuff was part of he PS3 along wih it's, at the time, high price point/no huge install base compared to 360/ no games mantra, you get upset over that. Good.

News flash, Sony could care less of you small minority of people. 

If I was them, As a business person already and with common sense, why the heck should I care for the little amount of people who cry for a feature that gained them vey little money in the first place. Think about it good and hard the few who are crying right now. When the PS3 came out with backwards compatibility it only sold well due to the devoted, but  were nowhere near or even half what the 360 had. So Sony did a smart move, ditch backward compatibilty slowly and sell people HD Collection on some Key Franchises with 3D and Trophies. Guess what... 

It was a success. Oher companies like ubisoft of others jumped on this bandwagon and only a couple games left in the PS2 library (at least collection related) remain a drift. Ever since Sony ditched Backwards Compatibilty, Games started coming out for PS3 at a heavy stream and now PS3 has recently surpassed overall sales of the 360 and the PS3 came a year after the 360. The kicker...

I'm pretty sure the majority of the PS3's around the world that helped achieve that awesome accomplishment... are not backwards compatible. Go on... deny it if you want. The truth hurts right. Good. I'm sure PS3 sales started spiking huge numbers when it hit the $399 and more so $299 price points, the very PS3's that had and STILL DON'T have backwards compatibilty.

You want cry some more, well here's some food for thought. You don't thnk Sony noticed this too... it tells them point blank that if here is some great games at a good price point people will buy it, but even more so - the backwards compatibilty means nothing to recent and the now Majority of PS3 owners and future ones as well. Sure didn't see that right. A small minority of people moaned and complained that when Sony pulled Backwards Compatibilty out the PS3 that it would fail... Surprise, surprise.

Sorry but no one gives a flip about backwards compatibility oj the PS3 now but a small minotiy on this forum, the rest of the world could care less.

You honestly think this is going to be different with the PS4? They are going to supply your backwards compatibility via Gaikai but may require a monthly fee or re-buying games like the PS2 HD collections for PS3. Just keep your PS3 and finish your games and then move on, You are not entitled to a PS4, it's not a necessity, and I'm sure when you finish up your last PS3 games the price of the PS4 may have gone own. I'm sure as long as you trade in your PS3 within a year or two, you can still get a pretty penny. 

Or you could be like the rest of us woking indiduals and jusr KEEP your PS3  and get he PS4 as well. Convenience is one thing but like every bussiness is outbto make money - not a cult following. Gaikai will be your answer to you, All your PS1/PS2/PS3 wants will be there whether a subcription or rebuying the games. Like any company, even Sony, are here to make money - not frinds.

Message 183 of 208 (483 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2785 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 22, 2013

@da1writer: 

Why do people who are against the idea of backwards compatibility use the terms "entitlement", "whiney" and "first world problems" (I know you did not use that term but I hear it far too much). I get it, the PS4 won't be backwards compatible but that does not mean those who want it are "whining" or "feel entitled" so stop generalizing!!!. I don't know the exact number of people who want backwards compatibility but I would not say only a few wanted it Go look at the blog share. Do you see what the amount of votes PS2 emulation software has?

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/

Backwards compatibility did not make the PS3 expensive; the PS3 parts did. Backwards compatibility is always one of the most wanted features of next gen. Go look at polls and tell me what comes up. Again, I am not saying most people want it but a significant amount due.

As for the business side: True, Sony does not earn money when you play your old games, but you add features that your customers want to make them happy. It gives them a reason to stick with them. Sony can’t add backwards compatibility with the PS4 because the PS4 uses completely different hardware but  that does not meant they can’t find some other way. Gaikai could be a good alternative if it is done right.

Message 184 of 208 (123 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1799 posts

Mar 22, 2013

@Murderstyle75 

Are you seriously going to wait like 10 Years for a 4k Video UHD Supported TV to go from $20,000 to $1,000? 

Or something like that... Standard TV's are still $6,000, I mean have you seen Apple? @_@ 

And were aren't talking about TV's that are about $1,500 anymore, we are talking about $20,000 TV's... 

There is a big difference there, @_@ 

-----------------------------

And @Icestar10

Yes, the Video thing is the only thing that Interests me in a PS4... 

As i've already made in my previous Post, you can make it a Super Computer, & i'd still pass it up... 

PS3 already has Great Performance, sure PS4 might have better Performance, maybe even amazing Performance... 

PS4 could even have 0 Lagg... 

It doesn't matter, without Games I won't buy one... 

I was never going to buy more then 2 or 3 Games from the Start, due to the Cost of Games are too much now days...
I was more interested in B/C, & the 4k Video UHD Movies which we all know B/C is not going to happen...

Hey, Yo, Waaaaazzzzuuupp!!! .................................................................................................................

Playstation 4
Too much Networking, & Socializing, but yet not enough Gaming... ~_~
Not My Style!!!

Get Your Portable ID!
Message 185 of 208 (106 Views)
MVP Support
13618 posts

Mar 22, 2013

GuRuAsaki2098 wrote:

@Murderstyle75 

Are you seriously going to wait like 10 Years for a 4k Video UHD Supported TV to go from $20,000 to $1,000? 

Or something like that... Standard TV's are still $6,000, I mean have you seen Apple? @_@ 

And were aren't talking about TV's that are about $1,500 anymore, we are talking about $20,000 TV's... 

There is a big difference there, @_@ 

-----------------------------

And @Icestar10

Yes, the Video thing is the only thing that Interests me in a PS4... 

As i've already made in my previous Post, you can make it a Super Computer, & i'd still pass it up... 

PS3 already has Great Performance, sure PS4 might have better Performance, maybe even amazing Performance... 

PS4 could even have 0 Lagg... 

It doesn't matter, without Games I won't buy one... 

I was never going to buy more then 2 or 3 Games from the Start, due to the Cost of Games are too much now days...
I was more interested in B/C, & the 4k Video UHD Movies which we all know B/C is not going to happen...

And......who says it won't have games?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 186 of 208 (103 Views)
Fender Bender
2785 posts

Mar 22, 2013

I don't think the lack of games will be an issue.

Message 187 of 208 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1799 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 22, 2013

I meant to say... If i'm buying only 2 or 3 Games, & without Backwards Compatibility... 

I won't have any Games to Play on the PS4, there for it would be a waste of money to buy... 

----------------------

It's not like their stupid Gekai Service will hand over Free Games... 
I'm not willing to Pay for Games I already own...

Hey, Yo, Waaaaazzzzuuupp!!! .................................................................................................................

Playstation 4
Too much Networking, & Socializing, but yet not enough Gaming... ~_~
Not My Style!!!

Get Your Portable ID!
Message 188 of 208 (88 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10134 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 22, 2013
@guruasaki. And how do you know it will take 10 years for a 4K set to reach 1K? Didnt the first 4K sets cost like 80K? I know the Samsung set I saw on the Internet did. I was also talking about a 19 inch set at 1500.00. Meanwhile the 50 inch 1000.00 set my friend has probably would have cost close to 20K back then with that kind of tech.

In the fourth quarter of 2004, the average 42-inch high-definition plasma TV cost $4,446. By waiting one more year, those sets saw a 41.3% decline on cost. Sets with even better specs than that are now under 500.00.
Message 189 of 208 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
473 posts

Mar 22, 2013

I don't care much for disc BC, if it happens it happens, if it doesn't well too bad. Im just hoping we are able to download our digital PSN games to the PS4. At least that should be possible.

Message 190 of 208 (64 Views)