First Son
29 posts

Re: Would Titanfall have as much hype if it was on the PS4?

Feb 28, 2014
I'll be interested to see if team Japan (Dark Souls 2, MGSV: GZ) combined can outsell Titanfall and it's rediculous marketing campaign.

It's similar to The Hunger Games back in 2012. The series was nothing more than a respected teen trilogy by readers until Lionsgate decided to market it at every corner. Before you knew it, everyone was a HG fan. Pure hype... It wasn't good enough to do that on its own merit, like Titanfall.

Titanfall doesn't have Jennifer Lawrence though...
Message 31 of 47 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
91 posts

Feb 28, 2014

I don't know what  the problme is here about gaming or not gaming on a PC/laptop. can't we just respect that some pome people prefer not to?

Lets take me for instance, I just rcently got a 2014 Mac Pro and two 27" monitors connected to it. This is more like a workstation for me since I work on apps and stuff. I do not have a laptop, but have a tablet. I see no point in having a laptop when i know that anything I do outside my workstation never exceeds browsing the internet and youtube. Don't need a laptop for that. In truth, I seem to be doing those things more on my phone now than even my tablet. Now I also have a projector hooked up to a 120" screen with my PS4 hooked up to an A/V reciever. I would like to think I am doing well for myself and thus not "poor".

Now the kicker, I have NEVER played a PC game in my life. Thats not true, I played doom on a mac in the 90s.

Contrary to what anyone that games on a PC may think, there are actually a lot of people that usually just prefer to game on a console. For whatever their reason. Its seldom ever that they don't know what the benefits of PC gaming are, its uusally that they just don't care.

Message 32 of 47 (87 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

Feb 28, 2014

LordDeff07 wrote:

I don't know what  the problme is here about gaming or not gaming on a PC/laptop. can't we just respect that some pome people prefer not to?

Lets take me for instance, I just rcently got a 2014 Mac Pro and two 27" monitors connected to it. This is more like a workstation for me since I work on apps and stuff. I do not have a laptop, but have a tablet. I see no point in having a laptop when i know that anything I do outside my workstation never exceeds browsing the internet and youtube. Don't need a laptop for that. In truth, I seem to be doing those things more on my phone now than even my tablet. Now I also have a projector hooked up to a 120" screen with my PS4 hooked up to an A/V reciever. I would like to think I am doing well for myself and thus not "poor".

Now the kicker, I have NEVER played a PC game in my life. Thats not true, I played doom on a mac in the 90s.

Contrary to what anyone that games on a PC may think, there are actually a lot of people that usually just prefer to game on a console. For whatever their reason. Its seldom ever that they don't know what the benefits of PC gaming are, its uusally that they just don't care.

The problem isn't with people preferring not to game on pc, the problem is console gamers that will make false generalizations about gaming on pc.

"While we're being honest, might I suggest something.

Please put your trophy profile as private, otherwise I might have believed you own a PS4 (thanks for the fake pic though)."

Message 33 of 47 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2023 posts

Feb 28, 2014

Maybe Titanfall is just overrated. For me I dont see it as a must have!!!  

my 2 cents.

LifeStyle Ambassador Program.
My Youtube Channel. Subscribe here. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4u4grBAukysjm2j8f44VLw
Message 34 of 47 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Feb 28, 2014

Not for me.

I played the Beta on PC.... Nothing to talk about.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 35 of 47 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
198 posts

Feb 28, 2014

ClosingRacer wrote:

If i was serious in buying a laptop i would go check Newegg first since they don't charge Tax + i get free 2 day shipping.  Found a Lenovo IdeaPad Z710 for $849 but I still don't Care about pc gaming Smiley Happy

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834313582

So your ultimate argument is "I don't care about PC gaming" and so this game is Xbox exclusive? I'm pretty sure you're just speaking for yourself here. Almost all of the people who aren't in to PC gaming can't afford it. It certainly doesn't discount the fact that it is available on PC for everyone else just because you don't want it.

Message 36 of 47 (66 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4403 posts

Feb 28, 2014

renejr818 wrote:

Would Titanfall have as much hype if it was on the PS4?

Yes.

And they would have sold more copies too. But, I'm sure MS paid more than enough money to keep it on their platforms, so Respawn/EA won't be missing out on the money from those unsold PS4 copies, but certainly will be missing out on building that PlayStation "Titanfall" fanbase.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 37 of 47 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

Feb 28, 2014

tekkn1kal wrote:

ClosingRacer wrote:

If i was serious in buying a laptop i would go check Newegg first since they don't charge Tax + i get free 2 day shipping.  Found a Lenovo IdeaPad Z710 for $849 but I still don't Care about pc gaming Smiley Happy

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834313582

So your ultimate argument is "I don't care about PC gaming" and so this game is Xbox exclusive? I'm pretty sure you're just speaking for yourself here. Almost all of the people who aren't in to PC gaming can't afford it. It certainly doesn't discount the fact that it is available on PC for everyone else just because you don't want it.

THIS IS WHAT I WAS ORIGINALLY TRYING TO SAY!!!

"While we're being honest, might I suggest something.

Please put your trophy profile as private, otherwise I might have believed you own a PS4 (thanks for the fake pic though)."

Message 38 of 47 (59 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
803 posts

Feb 28, 2014

Can you guys stop with the PC argument and get back on topic?

Back on topic, Titanfall probably would of gotten less hype I think. MS entire existence is built on shooting games, so they are banking a lot on it to push systems. I think they might of shot themselves in the foot in terms of the X1 because it'll also be on the 360 and the PC, had it been exclusive to the X1, probably would have seen more hype.

All Star Superman
A vita supporter in a crowd of haters. Links >>>
Twitter // Work // Instagram // Nerd Blog // Last.FM // PS MVP T&C // FFXIVarr
Message 39 of 47 (45 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Feb 28, 2014

I think Titanfall deserves the hype its getting through the shear fact that it is not trying to be Call of Duty or Battlefield. Although playing the beta and all i cannot fathom it being still as zealously hyped in a month or two after release it was great tha they are at least looking for a different avenue to approach the shooters.

Heck i would still be on the Titanfall Bandwagon if it wasn't for their insistance on bots and small games. The first few days i played the beta on the xbone i was ecstatic but after i got a real feel for it and what not it was just.... eh... i realized at the end of a match i found maybe.... maybe... 5-10 kills off real players vs 20 off bots with 0-1 death while node guarding. Kinda takes the fun out of everything when between three nodes theres only a small chance of getting more then 1-2 real humans to come by.

Granted there were better games that i played where i saw a good chunk of human players but really....

Also it didnt help that after about 3 hours of playing i realized how pathetic the titans were and ended up just throwing cards down for extra powerful guns and rodeoing titans for fun... and if they happened to realize i was on there titan it gives a big tell that they have jumped out which just turned into jump off kill them finish titan done. none of it was that hard.

hardest online shooter to date i think is still the newer tom clancy rainbow six games. granted they had small forces but just the sheer tactical nature of them were better then call of duty or titanfall. that or battlefield because it was just intense feeling.

Message 40 of 47 (39 Views)
0 Likes