Treasure Hunter
5102 posts

Re: Would Titanfall have as much hype if it was on the PS4?

Feb 28, 2014
@ClosingRacer

I've played a lot of ps4 games and they are meh. Also remember you are only playing the beta, a beta is far from a finished product. I wonder how many game sales have been lost because of people playing betas and not knowing that it's not the finished product, I'm amazed that game developers are dumb enough to release betas anymore because it never seems to go well.
And the results are in, the winner of Sonys #20YearsOf Play poll is...
"Winner: SOCOM II: U.S. Navy Seals (24.74%)"​

It's a great day to be a SOCOM fan!!!!!!!!!!
Awesome job SOCOM fans, Worldwide!
Message 21 of 47 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
527 posts

Feb 28, 2014

socom69 wrote:

ClosingRacer wrote:

And i have a $400 dollar Latop because i simply don't give a rats a** about PC gaming. My laptop can run Diablo 3 , sims 3 , older total war games and thats all that I care about .. I was just saying some people don't Care about PC gaming for various reasons which would then mean they have 2 options to buy titanfall which is the 360 or xbox one

You said this: i just dont want to make my PC because i dont want a desktop and Laptops that would have a good gpu would go as low as $1000 or maybe more

I was generalizing it and from what i have seen for prices of a laptop within the last month ones with a Decent GPU they cost around $1000 or more today.  The cheapest one with a Dedicated gpu that i seen on Bestbuy is $899 but that only comes with 8GB of Ram and is not expandable. The next cheapest is $999 also with 8gb but can be expanded to 16GB with a NVIDIA GT 745M gpu.  I just wouldn't use the laptop enough to justify me paying $999 + tax on that myself

Message 22 of 47 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
527 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 28, 2014

MADDENKING1980 wrote:
@ClosingRacer

I've played a lot of ps4 games and they are meh. Also remember you are only playing the beta, a beta is far from a finished product. I wonder how many game sales have been lost because of people playing betas and not knowing that it's not the finished product, I'm amazed that game developers are dumb enough to release betas anymore because it never seems to go well.

I was never hyped for the game to begin with myself.  I loved Killzone shadow fall and can't wait for infamous

Message 23 of 47 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

Feb 28, 2014

ClosingRacer wrote:

socom69 wrote:

ClosingRacer wrote:

And i have a $400 dollar Latop because i simply don't give a rats a** about PC gaming. My laptop can run Diablo 3 , sims 3 , older total war games and thats all that I care about .. I was just saying some people don't Care about PC gaming for various reasons which would then mean they have 2 options to buy titanfall which is the 360 or xbox one

You said this: i just dont want to make my PC because i dont want a desktop and Laptops that would have a good gpu would go as low as $1000 or maybe more

I was generalizing it and from what i have seen for prices of a laptop within the last month ones with a Decent GPU they cost around $1000 or more today.  The cheapest one with a Dedicated gpu that i seen on Bestbuy is $899 but that only comes with 8GB of Ram and is not expandable. The next cheapest is $999 also with 8gb but can be expanded to 16GB with a NVIDIA GT 745M gpu.  I just wouldn't use the laptop enough to justify me paying $999 + tax on that myself

You need to learn how to be a better shopper. That's all I can really say. And "only" 8GB of Ram.......8GB of ram is a lot.....anything more is just overkill.

"While we're being honest, might I suggest something.

Please put your trophy profile as private, otherwise I might have believed you own a PS4 (thanks for the fake pic though)."

Message 24 of 47 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
279 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 28, 2014

A $1000 desktop can get you an i5, 8gb ram, 660gtx, 120gb ssd, psu, wires, nice case, and a blu ray drive if you shop right. That rig should run titan fall in 1080p and over 60fps at max settings. It'll likely get you BF4 at 1080p and 60fps at medium-high settings as well.

Message 25 of 47 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
527 posts

Feb 28, 2014

If i was serious in buying a laptop i would go check Newegg first since they don't charge Tax + i get free 2 day shipping.  Found a Lenovo IdeaPad Z710 for $849 but I still don't Care about pc gaming Smiley Happy

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834313582

Message 26 of 47 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 28, 2014

ClosingRacer wrote:

socom69 wrote:

Public service announcement: Titanfall is not an exclusive title, it's multiplatform. PC, xbone, and 360.

Thank you for your time and you can now go back to reading your daily dose of flame and circular arguments on the playstation forums.

Yea but for a lot of people buy consoles because they don't care about PC gaming because of various reasons. I for one don't play Pc games because i just dont want to make my PC because i dont want a desktop and Laptops that would have a good gpu would go as low as $1000 or maybe more. Thus There is only the xbox 360 and xbox one version and the one versions is the best out of the 2.

You can build a PC TODAY, that will run ANY GAME out there at max settings at 1080p with 40+fps frame rate, for just $600.

Yea, if you BUY your gaming PC, you'll be paying out the nose. And even laptops, if you know what you're looking for, you can spend just $750 on a gaming laptop. I have a friend who just bought a $750 laptop and is running Crysis 3 at max settings at 1600x1200 resolution getting REALLY good frame rates a 60+ consistently.
If his laptop can run Crysis 3 very well.... you have a PC that will last you a few years.

And its not hard to build your own. there's plenty of how-tos on youtube, and you can even copy someone setup if you want.
And its not like you're restricted to just what you bought..... you can upgrade your PC over time as you save up money and find areas that are lacking in your PC's performance.

A core i5, a GTX680, 8GB RAM, 600Watt power supply, decent motherboard, and a cheap $40 ATX case will total up to about $500. You don't need the latest and greatest CPU and GPU to run games..... Heck, even the ANCIENT GTX570, running 2 of them in SLI, will run most current games at max settings at 1080p very well at around 30-40fps. And you can pick them up for about $80 each now. Less than that if you buy them used.
And even a $350 budget PC, will equal, and in some cases outperform a PS4 or Xbox One

I really wish console-only gamers could bother themselves to see the light..... ITS NOT EXPENSIVE to play PC games as you blindly assume.

I play games on PC.... but only if they are best played on PC, like Thief or Metro or Crysis etc etc. But I prefer playing on console because the ecosystem is better overall.

Oh, and you can use a controller with PC games too.... most games made in the last 10 years have controller schemes to use the Xbox 360 controller, and you can even use a DS3.... soon, Sony will release a DS4 profile and driver set for PC even you can already use it on PC in a limited capacity.

If you prefer console gaming.... fine.... but don't make inaccurate generalizations.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 27 of 47 (67 Views)
Sackboy
527 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 28, 2014

gR3yGh051 wrote:

ClosingRacer wrote:

socom69 wrote:

Public service announcement: Titanfall is not an exclusive title, it's multiplatform. PC, xbone, and 360.

Thank you for your time and you can now go back to reading your daily dose of flame and circular arguments on the playstation forums.

Yea but for a lot of people buy consoles because they don't care about PC gaming because of various reasons. I for one don't play Pc games because i just dont want to make my PC because i dont want a desktop and Laptops that would have a good gpu would go as low as $1000 or maybe more. Thus There is only the xbox 360 and xbox one version and the one versions is the best out of the 2.

You can build a PC TODAY, that will run ANY GAME out there at max settings at 1080p with 40+fps frame rate, for just $600.

Yea, if you BUY your gaming PC, you'll be paying out the nose. And even laptops, if you know what you're looking for, you can spend just $750 on a gaming laptop. I have a friend who just bought a $750 laptop and is running Crysis 3 at max settings at 1600x1200 resolution getting REALLY good frame rates a 60+ consistently.
If his laptop can run Crysis 3 very well.... you have a PC that will last you a few years.

And its not hard to build your own. there's plenty of how-tos on youtube, and you can even copy someone setup if you want.
And its not like you're restricted to just what you bought..... you can upgrade your PC over time as you save up money and find areas that are lacking in your PC's performance.

A core i5, a GTX680, 8GB RAM, 600Watt power supply, decent motherboard, and a cheap $40 ATX case will total up to about $500. You don't need the latest and greatest CPU and GPU to run games..... Heck, even the ANCIENT GTX570, running 2 of them in SLI, will run most current games at max settings at 1080p very well at around 30-40fps. And you can pick them up for about $80 each now. Less than that if you buy them used.
And even a $350 budget PC, will equal, and in some cases outperform a PS4 or Xbox One

I really wish console-only gamers could bother themselves to see the light..... ITS NOT EXPENSIVE to play PC games as you blindly assume.

I play games on PC.... but only if they are best played on PC, like Thief or Metro or Crysis etc etc. But I prefer playing on console because the ecosystem is better overall.

My whole thing is it isn't "expensive" at first but upgrading the gpu a few yrs down the line  will cost you some. I have done PC gaming about 6-7 years ago and while i have done that before i simply just prefer a console because i don't have to worry about specs

I also prefer Sport games and RPG's that you can't find on PC. I also prefer controllers then keyboard and mouse

Message 28 of 47 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

Feb 28, 2014

ClosingRacer wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

ClosingRacer wrote:

socom69 wrote:

My whole thing is it isn't "expensive" at first but upgrading the gpu a few yrs down the line  will cost you some. <----You don't even have to upgrade your gpu every 2 years. It's not that serious. I have done PC gaming about 6-7 years ago and while i have done that before i simply just prefer a console because i don't have to worry about specs

I also prefer Sport games and RPG's that you can't find on PC. I also prefer controllers then keyboard and mouse

"While we're being honest, might I suggest something.

Please put your trophy profile as private, otherwise I might have believed you own a PS4 (thanks for the fake pic though)."

Message 29 of 47 (59 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Feb 28, 2014

ClosingRacer wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

ClosingRacer wrote:

socom69 wrote:

My whole thing is it isn't "expensive" at first but upgrading the gpu a few yrs down the line  will cost you some. I have done PC gaming about 6-7 years ago and while i have done that before i simply just prefer a console because i don't have to worry about specs

And those "few years down the road" is equal to a new console generation. Just replacing a GPU is the cost and capability equivalent to a console.
My NAS box is running a Pentium4 for Christs' sakes and streaming HD content without issue.

Ever since Nvidia released the 9000series GPU's, that all I've been playing on up until about 2 years ago when I finally have an actual need to have a beefy PC for CAD..... 9000series.... that was 2 console generations ago. during that time I've NEVER upgraded my PC.
i've since now upgraded to what was THEN the fastest CPU, core i7 3990x and a Titan then went with 2 Titans, now I'm at 2 780Ti's and 32GB ram, now im looking at the Titan Black due to its huge CUDA core count, which is needed with CAD design without spending $2000+ on a Quadro or Firepro GPU of equal CUDA cores.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 30 of 47 (57 Views)
0 Likes