Lombax Warrior
198 posts

Re: Would Titanfall have as much hype if it was on the PS4?

Feb 28, 2014

ClosingRacer wrote:

socom69 wrote:

Public service announcement: Titanfall is not an exclusive title, it's multiplatform. PC, xbone, and 360.

Thank you for your time and you can now go back to reading your daily dose of flame and circular arguments on the playstation forums.

Yea but for a lot of people buy consoles because they don't care about PC gaming because of various reasons. I for one don't play Pc games because i just dont want to make my PC because i dont want a desktop and Laptops that would have a good gpu would go as low as $1000 or maybe more. Thus There is only the xbox 360 and xbox one version and the one versions is the best out of the 2.

Why don't you want a desktop? That's such a hollow argument. If you were like "I'm broke as a joke" then I would wonder why you have a PS4 at release, but even still, it would make more sense than "I don't like desktops I only like laptops". 

Ever considered having a gaming PC and a separate laptop to use for doing your work? When you can build a gaming PC for just a bit more than a PS4 and hook it up to your TV, most of your arguments start to float out the window. 

Message 11 of 47 (80 Views)
Sackboy
527 posts

Feb 28, 2014

socom69 wrote:

ClosingRacer wrote:

socom69 wrote:

Public service announcement: Titanfall is not an exclusive title, it's multiplatform. PC, xbone, and 360.

Thank you for your time and you can now go back to reading your daily dose of flame and circular arguments on the playstation forums.

Yea but for a lot of people buy consoles because they don't care about PC gaming because of various reasons. I for one don't play Pc games because i just dont want to make my PC because i dont want a desktop and Laptops that would have a good gpu would go as low as $1000 or maybe more. Thus There is only the xbox 360 and xbox one version and the one versions is the best out of the 2.

Just because you and other people don't care about pc gaming does not take away from titanfall being a multiplatform game.

by a technicality yes it is but the fact is that you need a Decent GPU to run the game means you need some buy a Desktop or Laptop with a good GPU which typically runs above $1000 or more. That is a handicap for  it already.  For the price of a decently speced Laptop you can buy a ps4 and xbox one and a game for each. Desktop Sure you can make one yourself for around $500-$600 dollars but not everybody in this world has the patience or knowledge to make a desktop ( there is a reason why alienware exists and sells to those people). You can call it whatever you want but there is plenty of people that don't own a PC that can run this game smooth enough to look better then a xbox 360 or xbox one

Message 12 of 47 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
527 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 28, 2014

tekkn1kal wrote:

ClosingRacer wrote:

socom69 wrote:

Why don't you want a desktop? That's such a hollow argument. If you were like "I'm broke as a joke" then I would wonder why you have a PS4 at release, but even still, it would make more sense than "I don't like desktops I only like laptops". 

Ever considered having a gaming PC and a separate laptop to use for doing your work? When you can build a gaming PC for just a bit more than a PS4 and hook it up to your TV, most of your arguments start to float out the window. 

I Don't exactly have the space for a desktop and prefer the moblity of a laptop. I bought a Cheap $400 dollar laptop that will run old games like the sims and some other titles.

I also just prefer a controller then a keyboard and mouse and would rather own a ps4 and xbox one then a pc. Hell i spent around $2500 since November on a new TV, ipad , Ps4, phone , and Xbox so money isn't an issue .. I choose to not want to make my own desktop

Message 13 of 47 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2023 posts

Feb 28, 2014

Infamous Second Son within..... two weeks!!!

young beard signature
Message 14 of 47 (74 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5102 posts

Feb 28, 2014
If it was for the ps4 people here would be drooling over it, but because it a xbox exclusive...
And the results are in, the winner of Sonys #20YearsOf Play poll is...
"Winner: SOCOM II: U.S. Navy Seals (24.74%)"​

It's a great day to be a SOCOM fan!!!!!!!!!!
Awesome job SOCOM fans, Worldwide!
Message 15 of 47 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
527 posts

Feb 28, 2014

MADDENKING1980 wrote:
If it was for the ps4 people here would be drooling over it, but because it a xbox exclusive...

I have an xbox one and all i have to say after playing the Alpha and Beta is Meh

Message 16 of 47 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

Feb 28, 2014

ClosingRacer wrote:

socom69 wrote:

ClosingRacer wrote:

socom69 wrote:

Just because you and other people don't care about pc gaming does not take away from titanfall being a multiplatform game.

by a technicality yes it is but the fact is that you need a Decent GPU to run the game means you need some buy a Desktop or Laptop with a good GPU which typically runs above $1000 or more. That is a handicap for  it already.  For the price of a decently speced Laptop you can buy a ps4 and xbox one and a game for each. Desktop Sure you can make one yourself for around $500-$600 dollars but not everybody in this world has the patience or knowledge to make a desktop ( there is a reason why alienware exists and sells to those people). <----THAT'S called being flatout lazy. You can call it whatever you want but there is plenty of people that don't own a PC that can run this game smooth enough to look better then a xbox 360 or xbox one

For the love of god please stop. I'm not doing this circular arguing. I have a 4 year old laptop that can run this game on high settings that cost me $850 (some games that I've played on my laptop inlude: Warframe, Blacklight, MWF3 beta, MoH beta, BFBC2, Payday 1 & 2, DNF, Alice Escape into Madness, Metro 2033, Alan Wake, Mass Effect, Splinter Cell Conviction, Crysis Warhead, CSGO, Gears of War for Windows, Bioshock 1, Company of Heroes, and DayZ). Now stop.

"While we're being honest, might I suggest something.

Please put your trophy profile as private, otherwise I might have believed you own a PS4 (thanks for the fake pic though)."

Message 17 of 47 (69 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

Feb 28, 2014

MADDENKING1980 wrote:

But it's not a xbox exclusive.

Please put your trophy profile as private, otherwise I might have believed you own a PS4 (thanks for the fake pic though)."

Message 18 of 47 (66 Views)
Sackboy
527 posts

Feb 28, 2014

And i have a $400 dollar Latop because i simply don't give a rats a** about PC gaming. My laptop can run Diablo 3 , sims 3 , older total war games and thats all that I care about .. I was just saying some people don't Care about PC gaming for various reasons which would then mean they have 2 options to buy titanfall which is the 360 or xbox one

Message 19 of 47 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 28, 2014

ClosingRacer wrote:

And i have a $400 dollar Latop because i simply don't give a rats a** about PC gaming. My laptop can run Diablo 3 , sims 3 , older total war games and thats all that I care about .. I was just saying some people don't Care about PC gaming for various reasons which would then mean they have 2 options to buy titanfall which is the 360 or xbox one

You said this: "i just dont want to make my PC because i dont want a desktop and Laptops that would have a good gpu would go as low as $1000 or maybe more"

You also said this: "For the price of a decently speced Laptop you can buy a ps4 and xbox one and a game for each." PS4 and xbone together is $900. Since I have $50 remaining, I can freely go shopping on steam and get anywhere from 5-10 games  with that kind of money. CoH was $2.50, L4D2 was $7, Metro 2033 $15, TF2 is free now but it was $10, Alice was $7.50. I still have change, 

Message 20 of 47 (62 Views)
0 Likes