Feb 28 2014
By: renejr818 Hekseville Citizen 279 posts

Would Titanfall have as much hype if it was on the PS4?

[ Edited ]
46 replies 304 views Edited Feb 28, 2014

I personally think that Titanfall is overyhyped. Don't get me wrong, I'm not hating whatsoever, I actually have preordered the game on Origin and think it offers a big emphasis on movement and raw shooting mechanics that a lot of AAA shooters seem to ignore now a days. 

The thing is, I don't think it really pushes the bar the way media sites and people are making it out to be.

Firstly, the media hypes up any big game coming out from EA or Activision and I am sure there are monetary incentives. Call of Duty Ghosts being a notable example. COD Ghosts got an 8.8 and other great scores, despite having many issues on PC and perhaps being one of the weaker iterations of the series.

Secondly, Xbox gamers are likely to be more happy and excited for the game because there is a game drought and it is an exclusive. Deny the  last part all you want, but I feel both communities show some sort of distaste for the other console's exclusives, while over-hyping their own. 

Lastly, Playstation gamers want what they can't have, it is basic psychology. Just like a lot of Xbox gamers that wouldn't have been interested in the game if it was multiplatform but are because it's exclusive, a lot of Playstation gamers are interested because it's not on the PS4, but likely would not have been as interested if it was on the PS4.

Do you agree? What are your thoughts?

Edit: Edited title and removed Games & Platforms label

Message 1 of 47 (304 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

Re: Would Titanfall have as much hype if it was on the PS4?

Feb 28, 2014

My take on titanfall is it's another flavor of the month hype machine game.

"While we're being honest, might I suggest something.

Please put your trophy profile as private, otherwise I might have believed you own a PS4 (thanks for the fake pic though)."

Message 2 of 47 (292 Views)
Monster Hunter
34 posts

Feb 28, 2014
I've only seen the original trailer for titanfall and I'm jealous. I think it incorporates a Battlefield environment and machines but with the ability to have your character pretty much land any where on the map with the wall jumping/flying stuff. If this was a multi-platform, EVERYONE would be hyped. There is a serious game drought for next gen and anything new is going to be hyped, especially an FPS.
Message 3 of 47 (285 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
198 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 28, 2014

I haven't heard many PS4 owners that are that disappointed about missing out on Titanfall. Maybe it softens the blow that it's available on PC too. Either way, I honestly don't think it looks that great. It definitely would be at the tail end of my top 10, and that's the "games we know about top 10". Some unknown games would surely bump it out for me.

I'll probably think about playing it on the PC, but the lack of single player to at least become acclimated is a huge turn-off to me. 

Anyways, I think it would be hyped a whole lot less if it was on the PS4, simply because then it wouldn't be exclusive and it just doesn't look to be that great. I also do think that Xbox has more of the guys that go nuts for COD and other MP shooters, so to them, they probably think "woooww look at this awesomeness that we get that you don't". Meenwhile, the Playstation gamers seem to be more accustomed to story based single player "cinematic" experiences. 

I just don't think the average PS4 owner cares about missing Titanfall. Now Quantum Break, that's the game I think that PS gamers will be sore about missing out on...

Message 4 of 47 (284 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

Feb 28, 2014

Public service announcement: Titanfall is not an exclusive title, it's multiplatform. PC, xbone, and 360.

Thank you for your time and you can now go back to reading your daily dose of flame and circular arguments on the playstation forums.

Please put your trophy profile as private, otherwise I might have believed you own a PS4 (thanks for the fake pic though)."

Message 5 of 47 (279 Views)
Sackboy
527 posts

Feb 28, 2014

socom69 wrote:

Public service announcement: Titanfall is not an exclusive title, it's multiplatform. PC, xbone, and 360.

Thank you for your time and you can now go back to reading your daily dose of flame and circular arguments on the playstation forums.

Yea but for a lot of people buy consoles because they don't care about PC gaming because of various reasons. I for one don't play Pc games because i just dont want to make my PC because i dont want a desktop and Laptops that would have a good gpu would go as low as $1000 or maybe more. Thus There is only the xbox 360 and xbox one version and the one versions is the best out of the 2.

Message 6 of 47 (272 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
91 posts

Feb 28, 2014

Nope. I there is one thing MS is very very very very good at its hyoing up a game. Kinda easy for them to do when they put the entire might of their marketing muscle behind just one game. And unfortunately for us, te media just eats it all up.If it was also on the PS4, and with the PS4 running every multiplat better than the X1, selling better and costing less, Ms would definitely not markettitanfall as much as that would basiclly be like them shooting themselves in the foot.

That being said, I do like what i have seen of titanfall. I at least like what I have seen of its gameplay way more than say Destiny (though that may be cause I have always had a soft spot for robots thanks to armoured core and ZOE). Don't fret though, we will probably be getting titanfall 2 next year.

Message 7 of 47 (263 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
226 posts

Re: Would Tangential have as much hype if it was on the PS4?

Feb 28, 2014

I don't find the game that much appealing  again I was never into COD. i bought all of them played the story mode and the multiplayer for few mns and got bored. plus that game looks boring to me. would have the same reaction if it was on PS4 as well. MEH

<script src="http://www.gmodules.com/ig/ifr?url=http://www.google.com/ig/modules/youtube.xml&up_channel=PSVITAGAMES22&synd=open&w=320&h=390&title=&border=%23ffffff%7C3px%2C1px+solid+%23999999&output=js"></script>

Message 8 of 47 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

Feb 28, 2014

ClosingRacer wrote:

socom69 wrote:

Yea but for a lot of people buy consoles because they don't care about PC gaming because of various reasons. I for one don't play Pc games because i just dont want to make my PC because i dont want a desktop and Laptops that would have a good gpu would go as low as $1000 or maybe more. Thus There is only the xbox 360 and xbox one version and the one versions is the best out of the 2.

Just because you and other people don't care about pc gaming does not take away from titanfall being a multiplatform game.

Message 9 of 47 (259 Views)
Gaming Beast
1930 posts

Feb 28, 2014
Ya it would be just as hyped if not more
Message 10 of 47 (258 Views)
0 Likes