I Only Post Everything
980 posts

Re: Would Titanfall have as much hype if it was on the PS4?

Feb 28, 2014

Personally I thought it looked amazing and had a ton of potential until people in the beta started branding as COD with Mechas

Mugen_by_joeadonis.jpg

Now Playing: Mass Effect 3 | Ni No Kuni | Hotline Miami 。◕‿ ◕。)
Message 41 of 47 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
279 posts

Feb 28, 2014

HorrorGod wrote:

renejr818 wrote:

Would Titanfall have as much hype if it was on the PS4?

Yes.

And they would have sold more copies too. But, I'm sure MS paid more than enough money to keep it on their platforms, so Respawn/EA won't be missing out on the money from those unsold PS4 copies, but certainly will be missing out on building that PlayStation "Titanfall" fanbase.

You forgot about the PS3. 

I think EA just made a dumb move and thought the PS4 was going to fail.

Message 42 of 47 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1929 posts

Feb 28, 2014
They took a smart move by getting guaranteed money from Microsoft and not taking as large of a risk on a new IP
Message 43 of 47 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14267 posts

Feb 28, 2014

The answer is yes, because EA would push it like mad, however it still wouldn't be something I want if it was on PS4.

ex Infinity Ward developers. Infinity Ward developers all round can't develop good video games.

Never seen one solitary good game that came from Infinity Ward.

Message 44 of 47 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6117 posts

Feb 28, 2014

It seems over glorified if you ask me, along with the Xbone. Guess that's why they are going to give it away with the purchase of a new Xbone. Over hyped just like the system itself. For the most part just bad marketing.

Message 45 of 47 (129 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Feb 28, 2014

It may be overglorified but i don't think you can call it bad marketing. for better or worst almost every single game forum is now talking about this game. even the non shooter forums. That is actually amazing marketing, trust me i market 50-75 percent of the time looking for leads for the job i have. Nothing is better then building enough hype that people start marketing your product as much or more then you do.

That said if this amazing marketing pays off has yet to be proven but.... with all the indications we have right now i would say that it is a pretty strong bet that this marketing will pay itself off as i am sure they will recoup all costs and then some after sales are said and done.

Message 46 of 47 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
6117 posts

Feb 28, 2014

PeppeLePeu wrote:

It may be overglorified but i don't think you can call it bad marketing. for better or worst almost every single game forum is now talking about this game. even the non shooter forums. That is actually amazing marketing, trust me i market 50-75 percent of the time looking for leads for the job i have. Nothing is better then building enough hype that people start marketing your product as much or more then you do.

That said if this amazing marketing pays off has yet to be proven but.... with all the indications we have right now i would say that it is a pretty strong bet that this marketing will pay itself off as i am sure they will recoup all costs and then some after sales are said and done.

I don't see it that way. The Xbone itself is already selling at a loss, then MS spent who knows how many millions on buying exclusive rights for TF on their console, millions more on these marketing gimmicks and now going to end up giving millions of dollars in games away. Sounds like they are digging themselves deeper into a hole even though they have billions. That sounds like bad business if you ask me. Time will tell.

Message 47 of 47 (119 Views)
0 Likes