Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 01 2013
By: GrayGargoyle PlayStation MVP 10971 posts

Would NBA Jam and Chronovolt count toward December or January?

12 replies 397 views Edited Jan 1, 2013

Considering the update we had on the PlayStation Store yesterday, December 31st, 2012, you would think that NBA Jam to be the first of the "full PS3" games released for the month of January. Normally the month starts out with a full PlayStation 3 game, then switches off to smaller PlayStation Network titles. That appears to be the way things are going.

However, considering that the update came on the last day of December, due to avoiding today's Holiday, would that be included as part of the December list of updates? Technically, it would be as it all went down in December. Theoretically though, it seems as if this update was not intended for December. What do you think about the update, though? Which month do you think it's all part of?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 13 (397 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Re: Would NBA Jam and Chronovolt count toward December or January?

Jan 1, 2013

GrayGargoyle wrote:

Considering the update we had on the PlayStation Store yesterday, December 31st, 2012, you would think that NBA Jam to be the first of the "full PS3" games released for the month of January. Normally the month starts out with a full PlayStation 3 game, then switches off to smaller PlayStation Network titles. That appears to be the way things are going.

However, considering that the update came on the last day of December, due to avoiding today's Holiday, would that be included as part of the December list of updates? Technically, it would be as it all went down in December. Theoretically though, it seems as if this update was not intended for December. What do you think about the update, though? Which month do you think it's all part of?

Not always. NFL Blitz was also the first game released during that month, and so was the Heist. I believe NBA Jam will be available for the entire month of January. The first game of the month seems to fluxcuate between a full PS3 game and a PSN game...

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 13 (389 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
51 posts

Jan 1, 2013

I think its a January update. Though they could've released tomorrow but most people are off work today so they can enjoy the update.

They will tell us to just look forward to next weeks update where we will all be excited with our free bargain bin game! :smileysad:

Currently playing: Assassin's Creed III, Ni No Kuni
Want to play: Tales of Xillia, inFAMOUS Second Son!
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 13 (388 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
126 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 1, 2013

if this conflict happened before, it will be great if someone answered the question based on that.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 13 (376 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
550 posts

Jan 1, 2013
Actually morgan posted the update as "12/31" so I believe that the NBA and Chronovolt update are a part of december.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 13 (354 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
550 posts

Jan 1, 2013
......Chronovolt updateS are......
Sorry forgot the s in updates.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 13 (350 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
126 posts

Jan 1, 2013

Awesomegamer2196 wrote:
Actually morgan posted the update as "12/31" so I believe that the NBA and Chronovolt update are a part of december.

yeah, post edited. The word jam confused me with jan :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 13 (337 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Jan 1, 2013
I'm fairly certain this is considered a Jan update. The update occurred on Dec. 31 because the 1st was a holiday....
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 13 (326 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4825 posts

Jan 2, 2013

I think it's part of December's content since Morgan said the week before NBA Jam was released that there is still one more game he's excited to reveal for December. 

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 13 (278 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
178 posts

Jan 2, 2013

i asked him on psblog but flew past my comment and didn't reply , im pretty sure it's for january , we probably getting 1 full game and 1 psn game for the rest of the month and of course watever vita is getting

i don't have a pc i use ps3 browser
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 13 (274 Views)
0 Likes