Apr 22 2014
By: Killa-B187 Sackboy 490 posts

Would Like Trial Versions of Indie Games Before Purchase

[ Edited ]
3 replies 196 views Edited Apr 22, 2014

With all this pushing Sony is doing with Indie games, it would be nice if they released a timed trial for all of them, say unlock the full game for one hour worth of playtime just to see if you would like it. Even though they are cheaper than AAA games, it's still hard to drop $15/$20 on something that could be a flop. This is probably the main reason I will never purchase one of them, a few have had me interested but not to the point of risking $20 on something I probably won't end up playing that much.

PS+ freebies haven't done a lot to change my mindset, yes there are some decent ones but every game so far I've stopped playing within a couple weeks at the most. Watching videos or reviews only goes so far with me. I know there are probably a few hidden gems out there, but I just can't justify dropping that money on a "chance." Just figured I would throw that out there, it could open up a whole market of people who think like me that won't give them a chance without trying it first...

Mod Edit: Updated label, edited subject title & added breaks to body of text. Please click here to learn more about labels and here to review the Rules of Conduct. -Super_Nova2k13

Message 1 of 4 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1462 posts

Re: Would Like Trial Versions of Indie Games Before Purchase

Apr 22, 2014

Definitely agree with this.  I'd love a demo/trial version of EVERY game that is made so I can see what's worth my time/money.

Message 2 of 4 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1425 posts

Apr 22, 2014

I remember the 360 did this they basically gave you the full version but you could only play for 30 minutes with no save function, this would be awesome if sony did this, indie devs wouldn't even have to make demos.

Message 3 of 4 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
12485 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 27, 2014

Watching videos and reviews is usually enough for me but it can depend on the video game.

If my decision to purchase a video game hinges on its gameplay then I’m always going to think twice about adding it to my collection. With that being said, I’m more likely to take a chance with a $20 video game than a $60 one.

PlayStation Consumer Services and Technical Support: 1-800-345-7669

PlayStation Account and Billing Support: 1-877-971-7669

Twitter: @Sweet13Poison | YouTube: Sweetest13Poison | Twitch: Sweet13Poison

Message 4 of 4 (103 Views)
0 Likes