9 replies 247 views Edited Sep 14, 2013
Is It worth getting a PSVITA???
Message 1 of 10 (247 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2443 posts

Re: Worth Getting a PSVITA???

Sep 14, 2013
Yes. I think my vita was worth it and I bought it before the price drop. It's a sweet device, and has a lot of awesome games for it.
Message 2 of 10 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
120 posts

Sep 14, 2013
I don't know what you're looking for out of the system, so I can't say if it's worth it for you.

But if you do decide to purchase it, get PS+ if you don't already have it.

As for me, I'm happy with my purchase, is there still issues and things Sony needs to work on to get the most out of the system? Sure, but then you could say that about any product or service.

PSN Gamercards

Feel free to add me as a friend. Just put "playstation forums" in the friend request.
Message 3 of 10 (223 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Sep 14, 2013

yeah its worth it if you like it, totally depends on you man.

Namco Batlle Collection | Mario Kart | Rugby League 2

Message 4 of 10 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
40 posts

Sep 14, 2013
i had it for almost a year now, worth it everyday and i dont even go out much. <3 wipeout 2048. sure, maybe vita games are mostly ports, but they are best on vita!
Message 5 of 10 (202 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1053 posts

Sep 14, 2013

I would say yeah.  I play it way more than I played my 3ds, ended up selling off the 3ds and picking up some vita games.  If you dont see any games you want on it than It probably isnt worth it, but I dunno, I like having a bunch of ps1 games on mine and am waiting for more vita titles to come out.  Looking forward to having ff10 on portable.

Message 6 of 10 (199 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Sep 14, 2013

Yes, definitely.

I picked mine up the day after the price drop announcement and haven't regretted it since. TONS of games to play both AAA and Indie. Killzone: Mercenary is worth the price of admission alone. Game not only looks phenomonal, but controls and plays incredibley well for a handheld.

Message 7 of 10 (194 Views)
First Son
29 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 15, 2013

Definitely worth it.  I had mine since August of last year.  It keeps getting better and better.  And as others have said, Killzone is phenomenal on it.  Truly looks like a PS3 game in the palm of yout hands.

The addition of the PS4, since both were developed side by side to make connectivity seemless... it is only going to get better!

In service to each other, we become free...
Message 8 of 10 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
328 posts

Sep 15, 2013

Totally worth it to me. I love all the indies I've gotten so far, Gravity Rush is astounding, Killzone: Mercenary was a great game with great multiplayer, and my game of choice right now is Persona 4 Golden, which I have happily placed 22 hours in thus far. I use my Vita more than most of my other systems, and I would recommend it to people.

HOWEVER, A word of caution: Look up games for it first, and count how many you think would interest you. Look at the games on PS Plus (they give you 6 free games, and some of them rotate now and again). Are those games you'd be interested in playing? I chose Vita because I liked far more games for it than for 3DS, which only had about 3 games that interested me.

And remember that this is my personal opinion. I don't know exactly what you're looking for in a handheld console, but I personally enjoy it quite a lot.

These are the games I currently own (and asterisk means I beat the game, a pound symbol means it's on PS Plus)

Persona 4 Golden (JRPG involving a murder mystery / Japanese High School)

Uncharted: Golden Abyss (Nathan Drake goes on yet another adventure) #

Killzone: Mercenary (Hired by whoever pays more to kill the enemy FPS)*

Gravity Rush (You wake up in a city, and you are able to control your gravity to save them all from an evil darkness)#*

LittleBigPlanet (Platforming game meant to introduce the console to anyone)

Soul Sacrifice (Fight your way using spells to learn about and eventually defeat a powerful Wizard named Magusar)

Playstation All Stars Battle Royale (Fight with all the PS characters)

Dokuro(Save a princess from an evil king of darkness, all while she doesn't see you)

Guacamelee (Fight Calaca and his minions as a wrestler to save the Presidents daughter)

Touch my Katamari (Roll things into a ball until they are big enough. Very weird)

Machinarium (Point and Click about a small robot infiltrating the city of robots)#

Stealth Inc: A Clone in the Dark( Stealth your way past robots in a series of tests)

Thomas was Alone (Help heavily characterized blocks discover themselves, and eventually help all AI programs)*

Knytt Underground (haven't honestly started yet. Got so many games)

Rayman Origins (Platforming game starring Rayman, very good)*

Limbo (find your way out of the darkness in a try and die game) *

Parappa the Rapper (Click the correct button throughout the rap sequences)*

Darkstalkers Chronicle: The Chaos Tower (Haven't started it yet. Got so many games)#

It's good for me. Might be good for you too. Up to you.

Message 9 of 10 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Wastelander
680 posts

Sep 15, 2013
It's worth it. Best input, best screen, best graphics for a mobile device. All for $200.
Message 10 of 10 (141 Views)
0 Likes