Feb 21 2013
By: Azrafael First Son 17 posts

Worst YLOD Times

[ Edited ]
5 replies 143 views Edited Feb 21, 2013

If you have owned a ps3 for more than 4 years, there is a good a chance that you've had one go all YLOD on you. As aggravating as that is, I think it's a good idea idea to try to find humor in these instances of horror. What's the worst time your playstation has chose to up and die? Did it write you a note first? Or did it just look really sad? Any parts come flying off or did it at least take the **bleep** time to tell you it was sorry?

I'm writing this because I suddenly have plenty of free time, because mine chose to die during the end cut scene of Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance. Little did I know that my playstation was a villian in that game, because Raiden sure as hell killed it.

EDIT: Look, good for you if your playstation is old and perfect, don't post here, you don't have a story to share.

Message 1 of 6 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15343 posts

Re: Worst YLOD Times

Feb 21, 2013

My condolences. Lucklily my PS3 hasn't died yet and has been chugging along since early 2008. If it suddenly YLOD'd though I would have a problem. What are you goign to do with it?

Imperator Danknovaxperaux Divi filius Imp XIII Pont Max Trib Pot XLIX Cos CXVI Primus Signiferi Box-xy Princeps Moderatores Pater Forum

Fabulous!
Message 2 of 6 (142 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 21, 2013

I'm going to bring it over to Endless Electronics, probably along with my original one. It wouldn't bother me as much if I just had a current backup, my backup is from July. Actually, the other thing that aggravates me is that I can't send a message to all my PSN friends telling them I won't be online for a couple weeks.

Message 3 of 6 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3334 posts

Feb 21, 2013
Since 07 still no ylod and its on like 14 hours a day.
Image and video hosting by TinyPicHEAVY WEAPONS GUYImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 4 of 6 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
275 posts

Feb 21, 2013
It wasn't necessarily an inconvenient time for me to get it, but I got it while playing Warhawk. I was in a tank with a rocket launcher when suddenly the game froze for a moment, went pitch black (it was in the middle of the night) and I heard the 3 beeps. I instantly knew because I had been researching YLOD and it's possible causes.
Message 5 of 6 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
24784 posts

Feb 21, 2013

Original 60g. Christmas Eve 2011. While playing "Scene it" with the wife and kid. Real bummer. Had it reballed by Endless Electronics and it's been fine since.

Message 6 of 6 (84 Views)
0 Likes