Mar 26 2012
By: Binky390 First Son 16 posts

Worst. Wifi card. Ever.

51 replies 46 views Edited Mar 26, 2012

The title pretty much says it all. I love the Vita and it's about time someone came out with a handheld that isn'tpointless, but this has the worst wifi card of any device I own. When it powers on, it connects to my home wifi, then when I start a game (like Uncharted), I get the "Network features disabled" message in the game. I go back to the home screen and sure enough I see "No Signal." When I go into settings to reconnect, I just get "connecting" constantly. It's absolutely ridiculous. Sony has to be kidding me with this. It's 2012.

Message 1 of 52 (46 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
993 posts

Re: Worst. Wifi card. Ever.

Mar 26, 2012

Anyone else getting this?

Message 2 of 52 (46 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
80 posts

Mar 26, 2012

i believe uncharted shuts down all the network functions when you start up the game.  The vita doesn't seem to reconnect unless anothere program needs to connect to the playstation network.  if this is what your talking about it's normal operation.

Message 3 of 52 (46 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Mar 26, 2012

I thought with Uncharted that this might be a power save thing since it does it every time, so I tried playing a few other games and the signal droppd with those too. What a pain. I think that is my biggest complaint about this system. I live in an apartment so I'm not that far from my router and when I'm next to it, the signal is still pretty poor.

Message 4 of 52 (46 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Mar 26, 2012

I don't think that's the Vita, I think it's because of Uncharted.  I've had no problems with my Wifi and actually find that I can go farther away from my router with my Vita than I can with any of my other wifi devices. 

Message 5 of 52 (46 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1670 posts

Mar 26, 2012

Come back when you recognize that there are only a few games that do that, if they do not have any coop/multiplayer component it will disable network features for the sacrifice for better power or processing. All of the other games for example wipeout, unit 13, umvc3 do not, and what does the wifi card have to do with it?

Message 6 of 52 (46 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Mar 26, 2012

This is normal, dependent on the game. Unit 13 does not turn off network features. Games without multiplayer turn network features off to save battery power. The vita also turns it off when not in use, connecting only when it needs to be on.

Message 7 of 52 (46 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
993 posts

Mar 26, 2012

That kinda sucks. So your friends see you disconnect anytime you play a singleplayer game?

Shouldn't they get to SEE you're playing said game in case they want to invite you to play something else?

Message 8 of 52 (46 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
313 posts

Mar 26, 2012

my vita wifi is amazing, i get great distance from my router! always connects when it should.. disconnects when its told to..

Message 9 of 52 (46 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Mar 26, 2012

Like I said, I determined that Uncharted was disabling the network for power save reasons. That doesn't explain why my signal drops out at other times though. My cell phone has better wireless than this. Then when it does drop out, I have to reboot the system to reconnect.

Message 10 of 52 (46 Views)
0 Likes