Jun 15 2012
By: Ming_Dragon Wastelander 842 posts

Woo! I beat the rare Nevi!

14 replies 151 views Edited Jun 15, 2012

Just beat the rare Nevi in the Rift Planes: The Ruins. He was pretty touch, but i found just spam kicking him worked pretty well, dodging in-between.

Anyway, anyone know the location of the other 2 from The Inferno and The Mirage?

The one in the Rift Plane is.... *Spoilers*

There is a giant cylindrical structure. At the top there is a traveller (one of 16) and if you fall to the bottom (toward the black hole at the bottom of the level) there is an opening at the very bottom of the tower, go in and hes right inside, along with a few Health Orbs (they really wont help, lol!)

Message 1 of 15 (151 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13520 posts

Re: Woo! I beat the rare Nevi!

Jun 15, 2012

In the Inferno, it's under the second flower (you'll see a rail leading to a tunnel)

That one is super hard. It's one of those golem things.

His punch takes out 1/3-1/2 of your health. My advice? Float above him (he can't punch straight up), gravity kick an orb on his back, float back above him.

Keep doing that for a LONG time and he'll go down.

The one in the Mirage is at the third flower. You should look around in the sky and notice an orange orb thing (like a satellite).

Fly that way and a green Nevi will appear (one of those orb shooting dragon things)

Those orbs do MASSIVE damage, so just fly near him and do gravity kicks in circles til he's done attacking, then get 1-2 attacks in, then repeat.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 15 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
842 posts

Jun 15, 2012

Oh geeze, those are my two most hated types of enemies, expecially when I have to resort to aerial combat.... dang.

Well thanks anyway, I assume you got all 3 rare Nevi trophies already huh? Heh heh. We can use this as a guide now for other players

Message 3 of 15 (151 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13520 posts

Jun 15, 2012

Ming_Dragon wrote:

Oh geeze, those are my two most hated types of enemies, expecially when I have to resort to aerial combat.... dang.

Well thanks anyway, I assume you got all 3 rare Nevi trophies already huh? Heh heh. We can use this as a guide now for other players

Yep.

I actually beat the Golem secret Nevi when I first got to the Inferno (which, in hindsight, was a bad idea, since two hits=death back then, and my gravity usage ran out all the time)

But hey, got like, 1500 Gems that way. Or however many they give you.

Message 4 of 15 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
842 posts

Jun 15, 2012

Oh well if you beat him back then when you were weaker, I bet he is significantly easier with upgraded abilities. I hope I don't have too much of a problem with him, hes next!

Message 5 of 15 (151 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13520 posts

Jun 15, 2012

Ming_Dragon wrote:

Oh well if you beat him back then when you were weaker, I bet he is significantly easier with upgraded abilities. I hope I don't have too much of a problem with him, hes next!

Well I retried the battle over 40 times (yes, I died that much against him)

Stupid stupid golem

Do note that his "roar'' thing (the thing he does usually after you hit one of his orbs and he does that shockwave thing) also does a LOT of damage (though not nearly as much as his punch)

And the arena you fight him in is quite cramped, and since the walls are lava....yeah. Don't fly around too much and lose your sense of direction

Message 6 of 15 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
351 posts

Jun 15, 2012

LOL, your blow by blow description of the game's difficulty has made me decide to take a pass on it.  In all honesty I was afraid the mechanics, being weightless based, would be clunky. 

Message 7 of 15 (151 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1243 posts

Jun 15, 2012

You can Come back to them later, Later in the game you will have the ability to return to each of the rift zones at will as many times as you want to load up on crystals, find the travelers in each one, and try to off the secret rares.

Message 8 of 15 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
842 posts

Jun 15, 2012

It is "clunky" but its not horribly clunky. There are definately games with worse fightning mechanics that still made out alright.

I mainly get so mad at the game particularly because i'm not very good at, haha. If you play a lot of shooters, no doubt you have fast aiming reflexes, which is needed here to aim moves such as the flying gravity kick, which does actually follow the enemy to an extent (based off my initial critisim of the attack, which I said just flies away from enemies).

Trust me, the game is so unique that you CANT pass it up, even if the combat system can get a little choppy at times. You can only get better with practice too, but that goes without saying.

Message 9 of 15 (151 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13520 posts

Jun 15, 2012

Yeah, the game is too good to miss.

Now that I've finished the game's story, I'm finding navigating and fighting a LOT easier. (which would've been useful earlier -_-)

Message 10 of 15 (151 Views)
0 Likes