MVP Support
24784 posts

Re: With all this talk of DRM & GS, I have one question

Jun 9, 2013

I use eBay often. Never had trouble. If you do have trouble eBay has a grievance system.

Message 11 of 28 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

Jun 9, 2013
Were they used? Because new copies are literally always sealed. On top of games I've also gotten my college books (new and used), a replacement bionic battery, Sony headphones, and mp3s. I buy just about everything outside of food on amazon. I look for things that say "fulfilled by amazon" or sellers with a lot of ratings and high quality ratings.
"While we're being honest, might I suggest something.

Please put your trophy profile as private, otherwise I might have believed you own a PS4 (thanks for the fake pic though)."

Message 12 of 28 (116 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24784 posts

Jun 9, 2013

socom69 wrote:
Were they used? Because new copies are literally always sealed. On top of games I've also gotten my college books (new and used), a replacement bionic battery, Sony headphones, and mp3s. I buy just about everything outside of food on amazon. I look for things that say "fulfilled by amazon" or sellers with a lot of ratings and high quality ratings.

Used from eBay? Yes. I've never had trouble with eBay as far as games. New copies aren't literally always sealed in GameStop's definition. They routinely sell "New" games that have the plastic shrink wrap removed. When I mentioned new from there I mean I asked if they had a sealed one and they did.

Message 13 of 28 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
291 posts

Jun 9, 2013
um yeah kinda are sealed with sticker on side for 360 not sure about PS3 those cannot remember.
我わくう我わこう我わじん我わ人不つるぎにてすべてのつみをかりとり悪をめつする
PSNID:BalmungTaichou
Vita owner PS4 owner(hopefully)
Message 14 of 28 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

Jun 9, 2013
That was directed to Box actually. I don't have a quote option on my ipad view

Please put your trophy profile as private, otherwise I might have believed you own a PS4 (thanks for the fake pic though)."

Message 15 of 28 (99 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24784 posts

Jun 9, 2013

socom69 wrote:
That was directed to Box actually. I don't have a quote option on my ipad view

sorry. Leaving now......

Message 16 of 28 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

Jun 9, 2013
Talking on a forum without quote option is op

Message 17 of 28 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3207 posts

Jun 9, 2013

I only shop at gamestop because 1. there's one, two block away from my house and 2. only when I really want a game, day one. But if its not a game that I want to play so badly, I'll wait for it when its extremely dirt cheap or store's have a special. I usually use amazon or best buy to buy my games on sale. I remember when I bought Genji: days of the blade, new for 4 BUCKS on amazon. But gamestop had the game used for 35 bucks. I knew I was never using them for anything that wasn't new.

"I'm not a failure because I didn't win, I'm a failure because I didn't try." - Kev

Youtube: akirasolidentertainment
Message 18 of 28 (73 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13607 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 9, 2013

socom69 wrote:

Yea from what I read about they were. And they weren't even real game versions either, but instead pirated copies. I really hate when people try to pass those games off as the real deal Smiley Mad. That's what I try to look for as well, and just do my best to avoid the shysters and scam artists.

smdedspace2.png

Smiley HappyRobot Happy/FAQ and Rules & Conduct//FAQ about reports/Forum Team info/Robot Very Happy/WC Forum Resources/ PSN friends thread/Life and Gaming -- My blog

Playstation customer support numbers: 1-877-971-7669 (for billing and Playstation Network); 1-800-345-7669 (for technical support)
Message 19 of 28 (68 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

Jun 9, 2013
I would never buy a used game online. Ever. It's either sealed new or no dice. If I can't physically see what you're putting in the box then there's no way I'd ever agree to it.

Message 20 of 28 (60 Views)
0 Likes