First Son
1 posts

Re: With all this talk of DRM & GS, I have one question

Jun 9, 2013

I understand your point, but there are a few things I have to point out.  I buy my used games not only at gamestop but also, third party, hence the mom and pop shop used media places. and this is going to shut them down! unless there is a way around the DRM.  I have also not bought a game new in at least 3 years, I wait until there is a used copy of the game I want either at GS or the many other retailers I frequent.  I then trade in the crap games I have bought, or the games that I have beaten and normally get a boost to my trade in for being a frequent buyer or just on really good terms with my guy working behind the counter. 

I then either buy the game for much cheaper or I pay pennies on the dollar for a game that I am picking up.  You must think of the Rental places as well as second hand shops.  I will support my local shops any day over big corporations however where i get the best deal wins out!

rant over.

Message 21 of 28 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
291 posts

Jun 9, 2013
I have lost all desire to talk about this anymore as nothing ever gonna change back to being Dungeon Master for me sigh.
我わくう我わこう我わじん我わ人不つるぎにてすべてのつみをかりとり悪をめつする
PSNID:BalmungTaichou
Vita owner PS4 owner(hopefully)
Message 22 of 28 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1715 posts

Jun 10, 2013
@Destiny, I guess we have two different philosophies. I believe in directly rewarding companies for their hard work. Without them, none of my favorite games could've been made. I don't believe used game sellers should be rewarded like they do for something they had no part in making. To me, all they do is rip off the consumers. I also don't believe in destroying my library to keep up with the new flavor of the week.
"While we're being honest, might I suggest something.

Please put your trophy profile as private, otherwise I might have believed you own a PS4 (thanks for the fake pic though)."

Message 23 of 28 (56 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15957 posts

Jun 10, 2013

socom69 wrote:
@Destiny, I guess we have two different philosophies. I believe in directly rewarding companies for their hard work. Without them, none of my favorite games could've been made. I don't believe used game sellers should be rewarded like they do for something they had no part in making. To me, all they do is rip off the consumers. I also don't believe in destroying my library to keep up with the new flavor of the week.

While you have valid points, do not use it as a blanket statement. 

On the subject of used games, I buy my used games from local mom & pop stores which sell used games at VERY reasonable prices. I don't buy used games from gamestop becuse of their insane price gouging.
Then again, I buy most games new

Furiously Chaosing

I get you so horked up

Message 24 of 28 (51 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
347 posts

Jun 10, 2013
I will speak about myself here.
1. GS let me try out the game, when I get used copy (you have 7 days to return used games) so I will try the game and I will know if that game worth the money and worth buying or no, when I know that game worth buying I simply return the used copy and buy it new to support the devs.

2. sometimes the employee there see me looking at a game or two , he/she come to me and give me a nice opinion about these games , example: they tell me to not pick up that game or they advice me to get different games even cheaper sometimes , this happen a lot of times in my local GS , the last time this happened to me during my last visit to GS few weeks ago , I was going to buy few games for my new 3DS but they advised me not to waste my money on those games.

3. the employees there sometimes (and especially when there are no kids in the store) the employees let you use their own 3DSes to try out any used game on the display (and they used to do the same for the PSV when that GS used to carry PS Vita games).

4. gamestop power up rewards membership helped me to get a free guitar lessons by using my points to get monthly memberships codes for online guitar school, and that alone saved me alot of money.

and there are many other good points about GS I couldn't find in any other stores that sells video games.
Message 25 of 28 (44 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Jun 10, 2013

you are basing of using gamestop correct?  if so i ust ask how ignorant are you to even walk into gamestop?  my local GS ( and now hastings is doing it) takes EVERY game out of its case breaking the factory seals and puts it in a sleeve in a drawer leaving the empty case on the rack.  now i dont know about you but if im gonna buy a new game it BETTER be unopened otherwise its not new.

secondly i have NEVER paid more than 30 for a game except in certain cases where i bought a game from wal mart cause it wasnt available online anywhere, and with that i got the same game everyone else got not needing an online pass and still got teh same shaft of DLC and it costing extra, in fact i paid 20.00 for my copy of mortal kombat komplete edition and didnt spend any extra on the DLC.

so your opinion on used games is only correct if you go to places like gamestop, vintage stock, hastings or some other chain like place, you go to a mom and pop shop ( like my local place second hand sports which is a sporting goods store that sells used consoles and games) and you you do get a deal.  its the mom and pop places that actually know something about the used games and arent more concerned about big profits.

Message 26 of 28 (35 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Jun 10, 2013

i can speak for ebay as i have used it a few times for games although i bought new sealed games off of it for a hell of a lot less than even amazon, just picked up rocksmith for my 360 a couple weeks ago for 40.00 shipped on fleabay ( new) when the cheapest i could find it on amazon forwas 50.00 + shipping.

Message 27 of 28 (35 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
347 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 10, 2013

lordraptor1 wrote:

you are basing of using gamestop correct?  if so i ust ask how ignorant are you to even walk into gamestop?  my local GS ( and now hastings is doing it) takes EVERY game out of its case breaking the factory seals and puts it in a sleeve in a drawer leaving the empty case on the rack.  now i dont know about you but if im gonna buy a new game it BETTER be unopened otherwise its not new.

secondly i have NEVER paid more than 30 for a game except in certain cases where i bought a game from wal mart cause it wasnt available online anywhere, and with that i got the same game everyone else got not needing an online pass and still got teh same shaft of DLC and it costing extra, in fact i paid 20.00 for my copy of mortal kombat komplete edition and didnt spend any extra on the DLC.

so your opinion on used games is only correct if you go to places like gamestop, vintage stock, hastings or some other chain like place, you go to a mom and pop shop ( like my local place second hand sports which is a sporting goods store that sells used consoles and games) and you you do get a deal.  its the mom and pop places that actually know something about the used games and arent more concerned about big profits.

For me GS is better then any other store that selling video games , I went to walmart, best buy , target , and many other stores that sell new and used games too, when I pick up a game and look at it , no one tell me tell me anything about that game, no one tell me if I should or should not buy that game, while at GS the workers there tell me their opinion about why I should not get that game , and they even show me that reason on their own 3DS or on their ps vitas (and I don't need to ask them they just come to me and say their opinions) , not only that but I met alot of great friends at GS thou they don't work @ GS anymore but still I'm happy to meet these people.

I used to play alot of games before, but now I'm not a big gamer myself , but I buy games for my little sister, from time to time when I take my lil sister to GS to buy few games for her, the workers @ game stop from time to time throw a free game or two for my lil sister bag  before we get out from the store, and they always give me a nice discount on new games, I don't mind them selling their games without the factory seals , because I believe its still not used , and as long as it have the new game code, if that game have a code (and long time ago when my friend used to work there he told me they have a good reason for doing that , he didn't tell me why because I didn't bother to ask him why lol ) and TBH , I will not die if I got that game without the factory seals , because I know it's new.

even thou now my friends don't work at game stop anymore , but they were able to help me to get a nice deal to get 2 new 3DSes XL for 300$ (for me and my lil sister) , just so me and my lil sister can play with them when they play games that have online multiplayer, or when I go to my friends house or when they come to my house.

and I use GS power up rewards membership to get free Guitar classes every month .

there are alot of stores that do sales on video games , but the place that gave me better deals and better discounts is GS , and they even stopped me from buying alot of games that are really not worth getting or these games were filled with bugs , or simply because these games were sucks, and at same time they helped me to get better games, and from time to time they give my little sister a free game or two. 

yes I go to GS and if that make me an  ignorant then I'm a happy  ignorant lol , because I was able to get a great deals and discounts and I saved alot of money when it come to video games and even gaming systems, and I was able to meet a great friends there.

I don't know about other gamestops in other places , but my local GS is a nice place to go buy videogames from.

Message 28 of 28 (18 Views)
0 Likes