Mar 11 2014
By: eccool24 Uncharted Territory 1618 posts

Witcher 3 delayed until February 2015

[ Edited ]
4 replies 223 views Edited Mar 14, 2014

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt has been delayed until February 2015 so CD Projekt Red can make sure it reaches its full potential

In an open letter, the developer explained the team's ambition to make the game the crowning achievement of 11 years work creating RPGs meant it was not prepared to rush the game out the door.

"We have wanted The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt to expand creative boundaries, set new benchmarks, develop the genre as a whole. Ultimately, you, the players, must get an unforgettable adventure to experience in a vast, open world – and that’s most important," it reads.

"We knew this to be an ambitious plan, but believed we could achieve it by bringing together our team with its creative energies and current gaming platforms with their technical capabilities. A project this vast and complex would inevitably require special care in its final stages, manual fine-tuning of many details, thorough testing time and again.

"We recently reexamined what we had achieved thus far, and faced a choice about the game’s final release date. The decision we made was difficult, thoroughly considered, and ultimately clear and obvious. We could have released the game towards the end of this year as we had initially planned. Yet we concluded that a few additional months will let us achieve the quality that will satisfy us, the quality gamers expect from us. Consequently, we have set the release of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt for February 2015.

"Dear gamers - we know many of you would have liked to play The Witcher 3 sooner, as soon as possible, even. We’re sorry to make you wait longer than you, or we, initially assumed you would. At the same time, we believe the game will prove to be worth the wait and meet the expectations you have of us. We believe The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will be an exceptional RPG, one of the best, providing many hours of wonderful entertainment."

Seeing as the upcoming RPG will have over 100 hours of content along with and an all-star cast, it isn't surprising that CD Projekt Red is taking its time to make sure the game is all it can be.

Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/11/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-release-date-delayed-to-2015

Mod Edit:: Updated title to be as descriptive as possible. Check here for more information. Thanks! - TwistedTarantula

Message 1 of 5 (223 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15504 posts

Re: Witcher 3 delayed

[ Edited ]
Mar 17, 2014

It hasn't been delayed. It's just that there isn't a official release date for it yet. There maybe after E3 though. So, we'll see.

Ok yeah, it's officially been delayed. Oh well, delays happen. We must accept and move on.

Multisystem owner. PlayStation owner since 2000. Inaugural PS Plus member:Legendary status. Former PS forum MVP with a launch PS3 & PS4.

Message 2 of 5 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
811 posts

Mar 11, 2014

The announcement sure reads like a delay, even though no firm Release Date was set. I appreciate the letter to Gamers (and shareholders). I'm not disappointed by this at all. 1) take the time you need to release an incredible game.  2) Fall is already starting to get a little crowded (as usual) with releases. Destiny and Dragon Age are going to take up a huge amount of time. I always enjoy it when titles spread out a little more evenly throughout the year. Makes it easier on my time and wallet. 

Please, no blank friend requests - let me know who you are!

Playstation MVP Terms & Conditions
Message 3 of 5 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3578 posts

Mar 11, 2014

Well, that's a darn shame. On bright side we know the month it'll be released now.

Message 4 of 5 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Umbrella Scientist
12347 posts

Mar 11, 2014

Just another reason to be greatful I didnt run out and buy a PS4 with its current games/features/price.

This is the next gen game i wil need to play, and need either a great PC or a PS4 to fully enjoy.

The only other games I have on my next gen to do list is Infamous SS, (which I still need to play part 2 on PS3 so at best several months from now I may be done Infamous 2, then I can think about SS)  and Starwars Battlefront 3 (no release date yet)

Wow you know when you make a good decision but its hard to do?  Then over time you are repeatedly reminded and shown that it was the best possible choice?  Yeah that just happened.

By the time Witcher comes out some of the following will have happened I expect:

-PS4 price drop!  At least $50 less by this time next yr, so Says Phillyblunz.

-PS4 feature patch!  Should allow some of the functionality of the PS3 on a PS4!!!

-Starwars battlefront will have a release date!!!

-A next gen console will will claim exclusive content for Starwars BAttlefront or the Witcher 3 and my choice of console vs PC will be made!!

With all the great highly polished PS3 games these days it really would be a shame to move backward to the PS4, by this time next yr I expect a few must have exclusives will be on the table and will show why someone would buy this console or that.

I hope the Withcer 3 is released when its the best it can be, no day one 8GB patch, etc.

Na13-31 wrote:
Finally, the structure of my question is that you would have to disprove every possible outcome to be correct and I would just have to have one that would likely be beneficial. That's statistically in my favor by quite a bit.

some_text
Message 5 of 5 (202 Views)
0 Likes