Feb 13 2014
By: socom69 Uncharted Territory 1729 posts

Wishing that PS4 Were Region Free for DVD's

[ Edited ]
2 replies 253 views Edited Feb 14, 2014

But it would be so cool if ps4 was region free for dvd's. I just got my EU theatrical X-rated copy of Ken Russell's The Devils and I have to play it on my laptop :/. It came with a pamphlet that has a bunch of other interesting looking BFI movies but they're all PAL region 2 Smiley Sad.

Edited Title and Label - For more information on labels, please click here. 

"While we're being honest, might I suggest something.

Please put your trophy profile as private, otherwise I might have believed you own a PS4 (thanks for the fake pic though)."

Message 1 of 3 (253 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29178 posts

Re: Extreme Wishful Thinking...

Feb 13, 2014

You know I'm a big anime fan myself, as well as a fan of British comedies and films. So yeah that would be a good thing, however because of the way the movie industry works with regionalizing releases, I'm not hopeful. There are ways to play those movies on your existing Blu Ray player, I'm not sure if I can go into them here, but the answer is at your fingertips, so as the old ad goes, let your fingers do the walking!

Message 2 of 3 (241 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

Re: Extreme Wishful Thinking...

Feb 14, 2014

CaptainAlbator wrote:

You know I'm a big anime fan myself, as well as a fan of British comedies and films. So yeah that would be a good thing, however because of the way the movie industry works with regionalizing releases, I'm not hopeful. There are ways to play those movies on your existing Blu Ray player, I'm not sure if I can go into them here, but the answer is at your fingertips, so as the old ad goes, let your fingers do the walking!

I've only recently begun to get into foreign films (outside of the notorious movies like A Serbian Film, Salo 120 Days of Sodom, The Human Centipede, and Irreversible): currently waiting on The Michael Haneke Collection and the Trilogy of Life to arrive. It was pretty inevitable considering my interest in the Criterion Collection movies and film festical movies. I don't feel like doing anything that'll get my system banned so I'll settle for seeing them on my laptop; or in the case of Caravaggio I can stream it though Amazon instant player. As for anime, I stopped keeping up with that after Bleach, but I made an acception lately and ordered a movie called Summer Wars.

"While we're being honest, might I suggest something.

Please put your trophy profile as private, otherwise I might have believed you own a PS4 (thanks for the fake pic though)."

Message 3 of 3 (228 Views)
0 Likes