Keyblade Wielder
10192 posts

Re: Wireless Stereo Headset USB Adapter

May 12, 2013
I can't say I blame him for swapping it. I mean Sony did steal from him after all when they charged $150 for the stupid thing. And maybe the next person who ends up with it will come to their senses and buy something better.
Message 21 of 81 (2,810 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28537 posts

May 12, 2013

Murderstyle75 wrote:
I can't say I blame him for swapping it. I mean Sony did steal from him after all when they charged $150 for the stupid thing. And maybe the next person who ends up with it will come to their senses and buy something better.

Message 22 of 81 (2,803 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10192 posts

May 12, 2013
What's the dumbest thing? The fact that Pulse sucks as hard as Tritton and Turtle Beach?
Message 23 of 81 (2,800 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16827 posts

May 13, 2013

Murderstyle75 wrote:
What's the dumbest thing? The fact that Pulse sucks as hard as Tritton and Turtle Beach?

Because you're stating an opinion. Not fact.

We've had this discussion before man, come on. 

Furiously Chaosing
Message 24 of 81 (2,782 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10192 posts

[ Edited ]
May 13, 2013
Yes we did and my stance is as true now as it was then. It is not opinion that the pulse headphones have virtually no soundstage and after you remove the Wireless, faux surround and pulse features, you only have $10 to $20 headphones. This is not opinion and even $30 Sennheisers sound five times better. Are you really convinced that Pulse sounds even as close to as good as what professional musicians use?
Message 25 of 81 (2,778 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16827 posts

May 13, 2013

Murderstyle75 wrote:
Yes we did and my stance is as true now as it was then. It is not opinion that the pulse headphones have virtually no soundstage and after you remove the Wireless, faux surround and pulse features, you only have $10 to $20 headphones. This is not opinion and even $30 Sennheisers sound five times better. Are you really convinced that Pulse sounds even as close to as good as what professional musicians use?

We can also say that about Beats..... but people still buy them, and its usually because its a fashion statement

I already told you that there are people who don't care about audio quality, they just want something that works, and they'll blindly pay for it.

like those $200 pair of beats headphones.... My friend owns one, and those ARE crap.

The Sony headset works, it sounds DECENT, they're not great, but better than those $50 earbuds from Apple. 

I don't care about overall quality, because I have a 7.2 theatre setup for that.... I use headset to be quiet when I have company.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 26 of 81 (2,770 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10192 posts

May 13, 2013
Well if you know you are overpaying for the headset, that's one thing but most people don't and assume that since its the "Official" product, it must automatically be the best. Did you know that in another headphone thread, somebody went as far as to try and call a Sennheiser gaming headset I posted about, generic? Most people don't even know what they are buying.
Message 27 of 81 (2,760 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16827 posts

[ Edited ]
May 14, 2013

Murderstyle75 wrote:
Well if you know you are overpaying for the headset, that's one thing but most people don't and assume that since its the "Official" product, it must automatically be the best. Did you know that in another headphone thread, somebody went as far as to try and call a Sennheiser gaming headset I posted about, generic? Most people don't even know what they are buying.

Except I didn't overpay.... I bought it on sale for $60.

Everyone wants to assume that "Official" means best quality..... but the people who think so are just as ignorant. When I see "Official", I see a product that is 100% made to work..... 

The side benefit is that it works as a generic wireless headset or other USB enabled devices. 

Of course most people don't know what they're buying.... they just want something to work.

If slapping Sony, PS and "Official" helps people understand that it will work with the PS3, then let them buy it. You don't have to alienate or belittle someone for it because you have  better understanding of audio quality.

If someone is looking for a QUALITY headset, they're more than likely going to do the research and start a new thread, like I've seen some people do on this forum

Furiously Chaosing
Message 28 of 81 (2,746 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10192 posts

May 14, 2013
And those threads are few and far between. Even when they do happen, 99% of the recommendations are pulse. Then here I come into the thread with real recommendations and am looked at like I don't even know what I am talking about. Unfortunatly that's because gamers have little understanding of audio to begin with. a couple years ago, i would have fell into tge exact same trap like i did with my first pair of Turtle Beaches due to forum recommendations. I also used to be just like them with my Astro A40 recommendations which too are overpriced tin cans with no soundstage. Now don't get me wrong, the Astro Mixamp is top notch offering 7.1 Dolby, custom soundtrack capabilities for all PS3 games which is one of the biggest forum requests and live streaming capabilities but unfortunatly the headphones themselves are about as low end as Pulse, Turtle Beach and Tritton. At least with the mixamp, you can use almost any headphone with your console.

And the reason I belittle is because Sony does actually make some quality headphones and its sad to see people get ripped off on a $150 novilty. I have pretty much the same arguements on the Xbox boards only its not Pulse, its Tritton which is owned by Madcatz and is their "Official" product. Even worse, those people are spending up to $300 on things like the Tritton Warheads.

This really doesn't make any kind of sense to be because Sony is a High Fidelity headphone company. One would think they would manufacture something like a pair of MDR-7509's, optimized for their gaming machine instead of just a couple of toys that don't resemble anything from Sonys MDR line. Sony is also pretty serious about the audio experience of the PS3 unlike the Xbox which only rips and encodes media files to 192kbps WMA. Its just a shame they don't offer a headset that takes advantage of that.
Message 29 of 81 (2,739 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16827 posts

May 14, 2013

We can both blame that on the gullibility of people who don't know better.

We can't save everyone

Furiously Chaosing
Message 30 of 81 (2,735 Views)
0 Likes