Keyblade Wielder
10134 posts

Re: Wireless Stereo Headset USB Adapter

May 15, 2013
Which is unfortunate. We can only hope Sony either turns one of their mid grade MDR headsets into a PS4 headset or better yet builds a 7.1 sound card with Dolby Headphone support into the PS4 so people can buy the same kind of headphones they would for their home theaters without any confusion on how to make them compatable.
Message 31 of 81 (1,997 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

May 18, 2013

Yes it does work. Even in the manual given with the headset it shows you how to sync it if somehow they dont connect.

Message 32 of 81 (1,979 Views)
Fender Bender
2785 posts

May 18, 2013

I really wish Sony would release  bluetooth headset that did not need a wireless dongle. I mean, the PS3 has bluetooth so why not use it?

Message 33 of 81 (1,972 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28994 posts

May 18, 2013

Icestar10 wrote:

I really wish Sony would release  bluetooth headset that did not need a wireless dongle. I mean, the PS3 has bluetooth so why not use it?

Probably the signal it puts out isn't strong enough for surround stereo AND chat. The DualShock does pretty much one thing, as do most peripherals. The headset does a couple different things, all simultaneously. So it needs a bit of help.

Message 34 of 81 (1,969 Views)
Highlighted
Last Guardian
9179 posts

May 18, 2013
wow I just looked on my sony usb blue tooth stick and it looks like there is a small reset button on the stick..I never noticed it..You need a small paper clip to push it..Its pretty small..
Message 35 of 81 (1,965 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jul 3, 2013
I lost my USB, too. Does anyone know where to buy ps3 / Sony USB 's for cheap without re -buying the headset again.

Message 36 of 81 (1,866 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Sep 4, 2013

i bought a sony wireless head set in november of 2011 my left speaker finally blew about 2 weeks ago and then i sat on it and finally the right speaker broke off.  I went on ebay and bought a used soney headset that did not have a wireless usb adaptor for 24 bucks...i got it today turned on my ps3 and turned on the headset and it wasnt connecting i was looking all over online and everywhere i went said that one adaptor belongs to one headset...i was **bleep** until i stumbled onto this blog the one guy said u can reset them and everyone else was callin bull on him...well i went to the sony manual online about the headset and there was a link on how to reset it i pressed the reset button on the adaptor for a second until it started blinkin(obviously it had to be plugged in to the ps3) then i pushed the pin into the reset button on the actual headset for a second...pressed the on/mute button afyer that for 5 seconds....wala!! Connected so the first couple guys were completely wrong u can pair any ps3 wireless 7.1 headset with any ps3 wireless usb adapter

Message 37 of 81 (1,760 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Sep 4, 2013
So thank u bombardierbob!!!
Message 38 of 81 (1,757 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Sep 4, 2013

chico2103 wrote:

i bought a sony wireless head set in november of 2011 my left speaker finally blew about 2 weeks ago and then i sat on it and finally the right speaker broke off.  I went on ebay and bought a used soney headset that did not have a wireless usb adaptor for 24 bucks...i got it today turned on my ps3 and turned on the headset and it wasnt connecting i was looking all over online and everywhere i went said that one adaptor belongs to one headset...i was **bleep** until i stumbled onto this blog the one guy said u can reset them and everyone else was callin bull on him...well i went to the sony manual online about the headset and there was a link on how to reset it i pressed the reset button on the adaptor for a second until it started blinkin(obviously it had to be plugged in to the ps3) then i pushed the pin into the reset button on the actual headset for a second...pressed the on/mute button afyer that for 5 seconds....wala!! Connected so the first couple guys were completely wrong u can pair any ps3 wireless 7.1 headset with any ps3 wireless usb adapter

Im pretty sure you're just talking BS....

This is the ONLY time i've ever heard of that. 

I've already known the both the dongle and the headset have their own reset button, but NOT that you can simply pair a dongle to another headset that it wasn't originally sold with.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 39 of 81 (1,748 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 23, 2013

f you can  find a replaceplacement you can sync it to the old headset. My son lost his,and I used the one from his brothers headset to see if I could sync it with the other pair,and it worked. Now to find a replacement usb thing and im in there.

Message 40 of 81 (1,708 Views)
0 Likes