Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 11 2012
By: brsofla First Son 1 posts

Wireless Stereo Headset USB Adapter

54 replies 21752 views Edited Oct 11, 2012

This about the Sony 7.1 Surround Stereo Headset.   Son took headset to friends house.  Lost the USB adapter.  Called Sony, but you can't buy replacement.  Have to buy the whole thing. :smileymad:

Does anyone know where a replacement can be purchased (forget Ebay).  Or can you use a different bluetooth USB adapter?  If so, how do you pair the headset with the different adapter?

Thanks n hit me up with ideas. 

Message 1 of 55 (21,752 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11241 posts

Re: Wireless Stereo Headset USB Adapter

Oct 11, 2012
You can't. Each headset is paired for life with one and only one adapter. You've gotta buy a brand new headset.

R.I.P. Off-Topic.                  "Eerrrm."   -BRIT-KO, on the topic of 'johngie'.
04/09/2014 - Never Forget

Message 2 of 55 (21,750 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
14802 posts

Oct 11, 2012

johngie is correct.  The USB adapter is proprietary, and permanently configured for the headset that it came with.  It isn't available from any other source, and no other wireless headset adapter is compatible with the Sony stereo headset; including one from another Sony wireless stereo headset.  If you lose the adapter, then you might as well have lost the entire headset.   The headset is useless without the USB adapter that came with it.

GKP
Message 3 of 55 (21,743 Views)
Monster Hunter
38 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 30, 2013

This is not true, and a lie from Sony. I bought a headset from a friend who lost his usb like so many others on here. There is a reset button on both the headset and usb adapter and if you hit them both, they will connect. So I have a pretty much brand new headset running off my older adapter from my other headset. This is a pure BS about the adapter being only connected to the headset it came with. They wont give you the adapter for the simple reason they will make more money to make you buy it all over again.

Message 4 of 55 (21,421 Views)
PlayStation MVP
15581 posts

Jan 31, 2013

I'd lke to see you prove it.

Anyone can say "I use the reset button on both to sync and it works with another dongle".......

the fiction is less exciting than the reality.

Logic, who would've thought eh? Oh wait.... No one thinks anymore.
Message 5 of 55 (21,410 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9741 posts

Jan 31, 2013

This is a big reason why one should not buy this headset. Turtle Beach, Tritton and Astro all sell replacement parts for their headphones. Not Sony though. Next time you should get one from an actual headset manufacturer for this very reason. Not to mention you can get something that is truely Dolby digital for the price of the Pulse Elite.

Message 6 of 55 (21,406 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15581 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 31, 2013

Murderstyle75 wrote:

This is a big reason why one should not buy this headset. Turtle Beach, Tritton and Astro all sell replacement parts for their headphones. Not Sony though. Next time you should get one from an actual headset manufacturer for this very reason. Not to mention you can get something that is truely Dolby digital for the price of the Pulse Elite.

While I agree with you on that.... such things should not be lost/damaged anyway if you actually take care of your toys.

I can't recommend Turtle Beach anymore... even with gentle care, they will break and they simply feel cheap. 

With the PS3 7.1 Wireless Stereo headset, I can actually toss it on my bed or accidentally drop it without fear of anything breaking apart, plus, if more people knew how to shop smart, they can get either headset for a heck of a price.

I just bought my 2nd pair of the 7.1 WS for $30 new (gotta say I got lucky on that) and the Pulse Elite headset for $60... my local K-Mart ran a huge sale on all electronics

Message 7 of 55 (21,400 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9741 posts

Jan 31, 2013
My low end 360 Turtle Beach broke but I did get two years out of them. But i have heard of more expensive ones breaking easy. Now I wouldn't even be able to risk something like that dongle. Especially with an 11 year old, a two year old and a new puppy that loves to chew.
Message 8 of 55 (21,393 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15581 posts

Jan 31, 2013

I know what you mean with the puppy that likes to chew....

She ate about $100 worth of my USB cables, some CD's needed for work, some BD movies.... but she's also only 5 months old and her big teeth haven't completely came in yet.

With the dongle, my Ps3 sits pretty high so she'd never be able to get to it.

Message 9 of 55 (21,389 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9741 posts

Jan 31, 2013
Hell. Just today I got off the phone with the IRS all excited that my return would be deposited in my H&R Block account on Feb 1st. And sure enough, there he is chewing up the debit card that the funds are going to. Now I had to spend 35.00 just to get another card sent to me through expedited shipping. Sucks cause I'm going to have to wait a couple extra days to get my new headset since I don't think Best Buy would accept a debit card with no name on it and a chewed up magnetic strip. Mine is an 11 week old Lab mix.

At least with the set I'm getting though, I have plenty of Optical Cables and USB's lying around the house from my old HTiB setup just in case the baby gets ahold of them and leaves them out for the dog. It's just that Mixamp I'm worried about because its a 130.00 replacement.
Message 10 of 55 (21,385 Views)
0 Likes