Jan 03 2013
By: MARIHUANO_AZTECA First Son 1 posts

Wireless Stereo Headset 7.1 help.

4 replies 88 views Edited Jan 3, 2013
When I turn on the wireless stereo headset 7.1 it makes me lose my WIFI signal. I have to constantly turn off my modem. Is this happening to anyone else??
Message 1 of 5 (88 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29926 posts

Re: Wireless Stereo Headset 7.1 help.

Jan 4, 2013

Do you have the latest firmware?

Message 2 of 5 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Jan 4, 2013

Sounds like you might need a USB extension cable.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 3 of 5 (74 Views)
First Son
27 posts

Jan 4, 2013

What type of router do you have?  How close is it to your system?  You can add a reservation for your ps3 in the wireless settings of the router.  Also you can have the router auto scan  a channel , or manually select a channel (1-11) for your routerr.  Type your IP address in your browser to access your router settings.

If the router is on auto scan, try channel 1 and test,

I have this headset / router channel = auto  / reservation for ps3 made in router settings. > never had an issue.

Hope you get it going.

C,

Message 4 of 5 (68 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Jan 4, 2013

C_-_Bass wrote:

What type of router do you have?  How close is it to your system?  You can add a reservation for your ps3 in the wireless settings of the router.  Also you can have the router auto scan  a channel , or manually select a channel (1-11) for your routerr.  Type your IP address in your browser to access your router settings.

If the router is on auto scan, try channel 1 and test,

I have this headset / router channel = auto  / reservation for ps3 made in router settings. > never had an issue.

Hope you get it going.

C,

It might not be the channel....

Some people have had issues with their 7.1 headset and their Wi-Fi signal being lost... its based on the frequency of the Wi-Fi and the wireless dongle being the same, or the area their PS3 is put in has too much interference. Many people have found using a USB extension cable has solved this issue

Furiously Chaosing
Message 5 of 5 (51 Views)
0 Likes