Nov 10 2011
By: chatito21 Lombax Warrior 137 posts

Will you be getting the PS Vita first bundle for $349.99?

8 replies 3 views Edited Nov 10, 2011

Many people dont want to buy this bundle because it has 3G but i think the price is FAIRLY cheap for all that you get.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 9 (3 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: Will you be getting the PS Vita first bundle for $349.99?

Nov 10, 2011

No. I'll probably just get the $250 Wi-Fi only one. Getting the bundle would be pointless since I don't use AT&T.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 9 (3 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Nov 10, 2011

IMO it is a good deal but not a great one. IMO the real value here is that it comes with a memory card, which we don't know how much it will sell for in the US. I don't really care for the game included either. It would be one thing if this bundle was released in January, or better yet in December, but only a week early? I'll pass, but I am sure this offer appeals to plenty of other people...

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 9 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2090 posts

Nov 10, 2011

I do not want  3G, or anything else the 3G/wifi model has that the wifi only model does not have. I do not need to always be connected.

wifi only model at start is to me good enough. if I really want to later on I can upgrade to the revision model that has 3G. It gives me a nother reason to upgrade to model 2000 , or whatever they going to call it when the time comes.

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2012/07/21/option-to-buy-avatars-on-my-playstation-vita/
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 9 (3 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4499 posts

Nov 10, 2011

I don't think I will be buying the Vita near launch, although I am looking forward to it.  The bundle doesn't really appeal to me anyway.  The main reasons are that I am not interested in the game and the memory card seems too small to me.  I have 4 GB on my PSP and it is a decent but not great size; the games are only going to get bigger.  I am undecided about the 3G/wifi model. 

I would rather wait at least until all PSN backwards compatibility is added (I believe PS1 classics, etc. will not be available at launch) otherwise I wouldn't really have enough games to make it worthwhile.  For me, the money would be better spent on games for systems I already own.  I will try to wait until a newer model or bundle/sale comes out. 

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 9 (3 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Nov 11, 2011

Preeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeordered! I can't pass up the GPS enabled 3G version. Not to mention a Nintendo console here, but the StreetPass functionality of the 3DS is my favorite feature of the system, and it looks like Sony is going to improve upon that idea with the Near functionality of the Vita. I gots ta get my hands on that!

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 9 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
196 posts

Nov 11, 2011

Considering that's more than I paid for my PS3....no.

But then, I'm guessing the VITA won't come with a memory card.  I know my PSP-3000 didn't.  I had to buy that seperately. 

Really the most interesting thing in the bundle to me is the case.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 9 (3 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1245 posts

Nov 12, 2011

Right now I have it on pre-order.  Actually, I have a 3G and wifi, and early edition on preorder.  I am not 100% sure yet if I will get the 3G version, but I am leaning that way if I decide I want to go the AT&T monthly contract route.  If not, then I will cancel 2 of the 3 preorders.

I really don't care that much about the included game, but this bundle does have the advantage of a memory card, case, etc.  Until we know the price point of the memory cards, it is hard to say if this is a great deal, but it seems to be a decent offering if you know you are going to want a 3G model.

So it is sort of wait and see.  Hedging my bet by putting all three options on preorder until Sony gives us some more info.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 9 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2917 posts

Nov 12, 2011

I already answered this, but uh... I'm really thingking about buyign it or not. The only thing that is making want to buy this is the memory card. For the game and the case I can pass. 3G doesn't matter, because I'm getting it anyway.

Metallica Pinball Sig photo LONG-LIVE-PLAY-METALLICA-PINBALL_zps397a82cb.jpg
Gameplay -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzxc59Y6GcA
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 9 (3 Views)
0 Likes