Mar 28 2014
By: trapgodlaflare Splicer 47 posts

Will we ever see Legacy of Kain or Gex again?

[ Edited ]
8 replies 354 views Edited Mar 28, 2014

Since Crystal Dynamics and Eidos successfully rebooted Tomb Raider, do you think we'll ever see Legacy of Kain again or Gex?

Mod Edit: Edited title from "Crystal Dynamics" for clarity. -- XiomaraRose

Message 1 of 9 (354 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5276 posts

Re: Crystal Dynamics

Mar 28, 2014

Not sure to be honest. Though it would be awesome for those franchises to be brought back in the future. Especially with the newly launched PlayStation 4.

Twitter: BigPete7978
Message 2 of 9 (337 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
47 posts

Mar 28, 2014
I know. I really miss legacy of kain:soul reaver. I used to play it on ps1 and then again on Dreamcast.
Message 3 of 9 (329 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
521 posts

Re: Will we ever see Legacy of Kain or Gex again?

Mar 28, 2014

Considering that neither of these series were ever exclusive to Sony, PlayStation or anything like that, and considering that the story of Legacy of Kain is over and Gex was nev er relevant to begin with, I doubt it. I'd love to see an HD remaster for the Legacy of Kain games though, more people need to play those games

Message 4 of 9 (317 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2036 posts

Mar 28, 2014
I remember playing the Gex games on PS1, I enjoyed them then but I'm not certain their cut out for today's market.

The series also stopped with PlayStation 1 as Tomb Raider kept going with PlayStation 2, Xbox 360, PC and growing larger with more games and movies.

So Tomb Raider had a lot more to come back on as Gex and Legacy of Kain really don't, regardless it would be nice to see them make an attempt.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 5 of 9 (304 Views)
Splicer
47 posts

Mar 28, 2014
The Gex series has sold a combined total of over 15 million copies for all platforms. Gex 3 is the best selling of the series, shipping over 6 million copies and also became the best-selling PlayStation adventure game of 1999 with 3 million copies in that year alone. So... Please tell me how Gex was irrelevant again.
Message 6 of 9 (301 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Splicer
47 posts

Mar 28, 2014
So I found this on wikipedia: in 2013, Square Enix confirmed allegations that Climax Studios had worked on another new Legacy of Kain title, for thePlayStation 4—Legacy of Kain: Dead Sun—until this project's cancellation in 2012.

I wonder what this new title would've been like. Too bad we'll never know. Was really hoping for a next gen legacy of kain.
Message 7 of 9 (299 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Sep 7, 2014

It's MP component was turned into Nosgoth which is coming out for consoles soonish as a MOBA or something. From what I have seen, it's pretty much like Shadowrun for Xbox 360 -- you guys remember that pile of steaming dung right? Well, if not, it was an easily forgettable MP shooter that the developers hijacked from the Shadowrun universe to make a quick buck. Pretty much, Nogoth will play just like that game and destroy any chance we have of getting a decent LoK game for this generation; so I'm stuck playing the old stuff on a great HD TV, and I'm stuck wondering what might have been had Square-Enix opted to remaster the old games so they don't look like garbage on my TV. Guess I will have to invest in an old tube TV from someone's yard sale soon. Smiley Tongue

That reminds me. Square-Enix is garbage, and I would not expect them to see the wisdom in creating a HD remake of the LoK games or even a reboot. They consider the TR reboot a pseudo-failure as is because it did not hold up to expectations. It's as if they expect the world to worship Lara Croft or something, lol. Not all of us care about TR, just like not all of us care about Gex or Kain or Raziel, but some of us do, and I think that enough of us would buy those reboots or HD remasters too.

Before anyone asks why I am on my soap box about this stuff, I can answer by saying this: Re-living a past gem like the Legacy of Kain saga, is nostalgia, and it is also remembering who did compelling narrative and storyline in a different way before it became the norm. Sure, the LoK games were far from perfect, and I mostly hate the combat in the majority of those games; however, the rest of the game play, minus the bits that make people frustrated and roll their eyes, are riveting. Furthermore,  I don't own a XP PC, and I can't get Blood Omen 2 and Soul Reaver to run on my PC without crashing all the time, so my only hope of getting the entire saga in HD format is to wait until SE decides to remake the set in HD on console. That's what's up with me.

Message 8 of 9 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
689 posts

Sep 7, 2014
DON'T FORGET AKUJI!

Sigh. In my opinion, asking eidos to do that is like asking Sega to be Sega again...
Message 9 of 9 (162 Views)
0 Likes