Sep 02 2011
By: robk22 First Son 1 posts

Will users be able to play PS3 downloadable content on the Vita? (Games such as Shank, Worms & Mushroom Wars ETC?)

2 replies 78 views Edited Sep 2, 2011

I have many games on my PS3's HDD that would really be fucking awesome to have on the Vita when I get one. I resent playing games like Shank on my TV becasue they seem to be out of place next to games such as MGS4 etc, silly as that sounds. They would be fantasticly at home on the Vita and therefore, I'm hoping that I will be able to play them on it. Any ideas if theis will be possible?

Message 1 of 3 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
524 posts

Re: Will users be able to play PS3 downloadable content on the Vita? (Games such as Shank, Worms & Mushroom Wars ETC?)

Sep 2, 2011

MGS- Beast, Shank- Field Mouse. You just can't compare them. I've no idea if this will happen though.

Pro skill. Definition: Being too sexy at something for your own good.
Message 2 of 3 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
5189 posts

Re: Will users be able to play PS3 downloadable content on the Vita? (Games such as Shank, Worms & Mushroom Wars ETC?)

Sep 2, 2011

robk22 wrote:

I have many games on my PS3's HDD that would really be ******* awesome to have on the Vita when I get one. I resent playing games like Shank on my TV becasue they seem to be out of place next to games such as MGS4 etc, silly as that sounds. They would be fantasticly at home on the Vita and therefore, I'm hoping that I will be able to play them on it. Any ideas if theis will be possible?

These are not DLC, they are downloaded games that may have DownLoadableContent for them.

Anyway back to your question, you will not be able to play PS3 games on the PSVita, it is a different system with its own architecture, hardware, processors that have to be programmed to operate in a certain way.You can not take a PS3 game and expect the code to work on anything else.

How ever the developers of those games can choose (if they want) to remake the game for the PSV, this is happening with quite a few of PS3 games. But as often happens the developer does not make an exact duplicates, sometimes they see improvements the want to make or add ways to bring in new controls (like the touch screen and cameras on the PSV).

For example there is a game being developed for both the PS3 and PSV called 'Ruin' that will probably be duplicates appart from controls.

Also there is a new WipeOut game coming out for the PSV that will offer new content but will share some tracks with thre PS3 version so that you can race on these against PS3 owners of WipeOutHD.

Message 3 of 3 (78 Views)
0 Likes