May 07 2012
By: ReubenPatrick Monster Hunter 34 posts

Will there be larger capacity memory cards in the future? (64,128 GB and so on) and Many more questions :{)

12 replies 658 views Edited May 7, 2012

Hey guys (and gals) ? :{)

Quick question:

Do you think that Sony might make larger capacity memory cards in the future? (64,128 GB and so on). Because my memory card 's not cut out for all the data I cram into it.

My other question is that:

Do you also have problems with your PS Vita USB cable because mine won't connect to my computer . I don't know if my computer is just jerking off again or I have to replace my USB cable or worse ... my Vita itself is broken?

Last and Final question:

Since larger capacity Vita game cartridges mean more space and freedom for game devs to create better graphics, more content, and etc, why is it limited to 4GB and 10% of it for updates and patches? I know it might be just for now but still ... I am always curious ... and needed the opinion of others out there

Thanks for bearing with me :{)

Message 2 of 13 (658 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
59 posts

Re: Will there be larger capacity memory cards in the future? (64,128 GB and so on)

May 7, 2012

More than likely, it will be a third party that makes higher capacity cards first. Someone like Nyko... and they will be more reasonable. Though, Sony holds the patent... So, Im not sure how the legality of it all would work. Maybe a Vita Memory Card to SDHC converter.

Message 1 of 13 (658 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1532 posts

Re: Will there be larger capacity memory cards in the future? (64,128 GB and so on) and Many more questions :{)

May 7, 2012

Cool idea bro, larger memory card = more games, and also a chance for DC Universe to get a Vita version since it's 16GB big not counting DLC, are you using WIndow 7 or XP, WIndow 7 took time for usb to be recognize.

I love Adam Levine
"One more ******* Love song and I well be sick......"
Message 3 of 13 (658 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13618 posts

Re: Will there be larger capacity memory cards in the future? (64,128 GB and so on) and Many more questions :{)

May 7, 2012

KhoaISKira wrote:

Cool idea bro, larger memory card = more games, and also a chance for DC Universe to get a Vita version since it's 16GB big not counting DLC, are you using WIndow 7 or XP, WIndow 7 took time for usb to be recognize.

It's only 16GB because it's a PS3 game.

Ports of PS3 games to the Vita have a dramatic cut in file size

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 4 of 13 (658 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5189 posts

May 7, 2012

ReubenPatrick wrote:

Quick question:

Do you think that Sony might make larger capacity memory cards in the future? (64,128 GB and so on). Because my memory card 's not cut out for all the data I cram into it.

Do you also have problems with your PS Vita USB cable because mine won't connect to my computer . I don't know if my computer is just jerking off again or I have to replace my USB cable or worse ... my Vita itself is broken?

Last and Final question:

Since larger capacity Vita game cartridges mean more space and freedom for game devs to create better graphics, more content, and etc, why is it limited to 4GB and 10% of it for updates and patches? I know it might be just for now but still ... I am always curious ... and needed the opinion of others out there

!, It depends on the filing system used, FAT32 used by most mobile devices only allows a 32Gb partition so that was the limit. If they are using exFAT or another system then that would change the limit.

2, I can not help weith this.

3, It is only limited to 4GB at the moment until larger cards are released, or maybe Sony are resticted to using FAT32 which only allows a file to be 4GB in size. The game may be stored as one file just as the downlaods are. The 10% is optional, developers do not have to include that space.

We may just be stuck with a 32GB storage space with a 4GB file size limit.

Message 5 of 13 (658 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13618 posts

May 7, 2012

CaptainHuggyface wrote:

ReubenPatrick wrote:

Quick question:

Last and Final question:

!, It depends on the filing system used, FAT32 used by most mobile devices only allows a 32Gb partition so that was the limit. If they are using exFAT or another system then that would change the limit.

2, I can not help weith this.

3, It is only limited to 4GB at the moment until larger cards are released, or maybe Sony are resticted to using FAT32 which only allows a file to be 4GB in size. The game may be stored as one file just as the downlaods are. The 10% is optional, developers do not have to include that space.

We may just be stuck with a 32GB storage space with a 4GB file size limit.

Which would be quite disappointing. Perhaps not surprising, but disappointing.

Message 6 of 13 (658 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
374 posts

May 7, 2012

Would be dissapointing if they went with FAT32. My 32Gb is almost full :'( I need more space.

Message 7 of 13 (658 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
582 posts

May 8, 2012

I need more space for games, music, movies and anime. i hope the slim version of the PSVITA comes with a internal hard drive like the psp go.

Message 8 of 13 (658 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13618 posts

May 8, 2012

magicx11 wrote:

I need more space for games, music, movies and anime. i hope the slim version of the PSVITA comes with a internal hard drive like the psp go.

The problem would be I don't see how they could make it "Slim" and yet add an HDD.

Message 9 of 13 (658 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
59 posts

May 8, 2012

"Would be dissapointing if they went with FAT32. My 32Gb is almost full :'( I need more space."

Mine also, all but 6GB is gone.

Message 10 of 13 (658 Views)
0 Likes