Fender Bender
3105 posts

Re: Will there be enough PS4's

Oct 8, 2013

History will repeat itself as it always has,there will not be enough PS4's..just face that fact and be prepared.

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 31 of 44 (511 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5102 posts

Oct 8, 2013
I'm glad we have people here who can predict the future.
And the results are in, the winner of Sonys #20YearsOf Play poll is...
"Winner: SOCOM II: U.S. Navy Seals (24.74%)"​

It's a great day to be a SOCOM fan!!!!!!!!!!
Awesome job SOCOM fans, Worldwide!
Message 32 of 44 (503 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Oct 8, 2013
You're right...it is certainly hard to predict the future. But often the past can be used as an indication of what's likely to happen. Take for instance the PS3 launch, which was a total disaster. That being said, Sony has been optimistic tat it will be able to meet demand this time around. I wonder how they felt about the PS3? All I know is that I stood in line for about 12 hours and didn't even get to see one at the Sony store. But who knows...they may have gotten it right this time.
Message 33 of 44 (501 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5102 posts

Oct 9, 2013
I remember when the ps3 came out people were selling them for $800 to $1000 online. I called around and I seem to remember finding mine at Sears. My point is there are many different stores with electronics departments (i can think of at least 20 in my county who will have ps4's) that not everyone will be sold out.

I also don't remember as many people preordering ps3's, that may have also contributed to the limited shortage.
And the results are in, the winner of Sonys #20YearsOf Play poll is...
"Winner: SOCOM II: U.S. Navy Seals (24.74%)"​

It's a great day to be a SOCOM fan!!!!!!!!!!
Awesome job SOCOM fans, Worldwide!
Message 34 of 44 (482 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3105 posts

Oct 9, 2013

vanilla_gorilla5 wrote:
You're right...it is certainly hard to predict the future. But often the past can be used as an indication of what's likely to happen. Take for instance the PS3 launch, which was a total disaster. That being said, Sony has been optimistic tat it will be able to meet demand this time around. I wonder how they felt about the PS3? All I know is that I stood in line for about 12 hours and didn't even get to see one at the Sony store. But who knows...they may have gotten it right this time.

Very well could be possible but i am doubting it myself but you never know,they could have enough for all pre-orders and have the shelves full of them for people that didn't but for some reason i am doubting it,they have said these things in the past and failed to deliver on it.

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 35 of 44 (480 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2546 posts

Oct 9, 2013

I think the PS4 launch will go much better then the PS3 and there will be more systems in general but also the PS4 is in higher demand then the PS3 was for lots of reasons but also the cheaper price by $200. So yes sony prob will have more consoles then what we had for the PS3 but the demand is also higher so consider it a wash. 

Message 36 of 44 (475 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Oct 9, 2013

That's a good point. I don't remember there being a preorder on the PS3, to address one of the other members comments, but I know they were nearly impossible to find in the big cities for many weeks after launch. I don't remeber when Sony was able to catch up with demand, and whether it was before or after the holidays, but I do remember it being pretty tough to find one in general for quite some time. I have a feeling that even if they have extra (more than pre-order) inventory to stock the shelves around launch day, that they'll sell out fairly quickly. And if the media gets a hold of it (showing people camping out overnight or depict people trampling little kids to get a PS4) it could cause a bit of frenzy. It should be really interesting to see how it plays out.

Message 37 of 44 (470 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2546 posts

Oct 9, 2013

vanilla_gorilla5 wrote:

That's a good point. I don't remember there being a preorder on the PS3, to address one of the other members comments, but I know they were nearly impossible to find in the big cities for many weeks after launch. I don't remeber when Sony was able to catch up with demand, and whether it was before or after the holidays, but I do remember it being pretty tough to find one in general for quite some time. I have a feeling that even if they have extra (more than pre-order) inventory to stock the shelves around launch day, that they'll sell out fairly quickly. And if the media gets a hold of it (showing people camping out overnight or depict people trampling little kids to get a PS4) it could cause a bit of frenzy. It should be really interesting to see how it plays out.

There was a pre order on the PS3 just not many were avaiable. I was #1 at my gamestop and they took 12 but then cut it back to 6 b/c they were getting so few systems.

Message 38 of 44 (430 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2546 posts

Oct 9, 2013

MADDENKING1980 wrote:
I'm glad we have people here who can predict the future.

Its not predicting the future, its knowing what has happened over and over agan with every console launch and being smart enough to know it will happen again. Its not rocket science.

Message 39 of 44 (423 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13294 posts

Oct 10, 2013

MADDENKING1980 wrote:
I'm sure some people in some places won't be able to find them but overall I believe this shortage is way too over hyped. Maybe the preorder people want to believe there's a shortage so they don't feel dumb for giving away their money 6 months early? I'll find out soon enough because I didn't preorder.

Dont be to sure on this. pS2 was short for units ion release day. PS3 same, Xbox 360 same and WII the same. Ther may be few extras but huntinh them down is going to be a pain. Some one said call a store. Sure they say they got two. By the time you get there. There may be 0 unless you find one to hold it for you. There most definately will be a shortage on release day. Filling pre orders only. There just be a lot more comming the weeks after. With all the other launches that never really happened.

Message 40 of 44 (399 Views)
0 Likes