Treasure Hunter
6919 posts

Re: Will there be enough PS4's

Oct 8, 2013

greenlantern027 wrote:

Do you think there will be enough PS4s on day one to fill all pre orders, or do you think there will be a shortage? I remember what happened at wii and wii u launch, and even though I preordered I was still waiting. I dont do midnight launches anymore because I have a daughter now, but would be more than upset if i go in on the 15th and theyre all gone. what do you think?

No they are going to be exactly 1 short!! Unfortunately that one, is your pre-order! Smiley Tongue

Troll, flame or be offensive:Trolling and flaming is when you deliberately make offensive or provocative comments with the aim of upsetting another user or prompting an angry response from them.We will remove posts or threads which are found to be insulting, harassing, threatening or non-constructive and overly negative. We reserve the right to immediately delete any posting or suspend any user at our sole discretion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRTN97XEASQ
Message 21 of 44 (442 Views)
Gaming Beast
2023 posts

Oct 8, 2013
I am thinking the same thing. I live in Puerto Rico I pre ordered my PS4 in Best Buy. Unfortunaly they will not offer midnight release in the store, the only that will have the service of midnight is in Hato Rey which is another one far away from where I live. I will get up and dress quickly and start waiting outside the store to get mine. I will get it day one.

No one can me Nothing can - Kratos ( God of War: Ghost of Sparta).

LifeStyle Ambassador Program.
My Youtube Channel. Subscribe here. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4u4grBAukysjm2j8f44VLw
Message 22 of 44 (440 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15066 posts

Oct 8, 2013

Yes, I think demand for the PS4 will be so high that there will likely be a shortage. If you haven't pre-ordered it by now, you will likely have to wait.

Multisystem owner. PlayStation owner since 2000. Inaugural PS Plus member:Legendary status. Former PS forum MVP with a launch PS3 & PS4.

Message 23 of 44 (430 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2546 posts

Oct 8, 2013

There are still place you can pre order from but that does not mean you will get a launch system. Means you will get one that comes on the next boat more then likey 

Message 24 of 44 (419 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5102 posts

Oct 8, 2013
I'm sure anyone who didn't preorder will be able to find a ps4 on release day if they are willing to put forth a little effort. With all the preorders being filled and so many different stores selling electronics, I expect I should be able to call a local retail store and find one with no problem.
And the results are in, the winner of Sonys #20YearsOf Play poll is...
"Winner: SOCOM II: U.S. Navy Seals (24.74%)"​

It's a great day to be a SOCOM fan!!!!!!!!!!
Awesome job SOCOM fans, Worldwide!
Message 25 of 44 (401 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2546 posts

Oct 8, 2013

MADDENKING1980 wrote:
I'm sure anyone who didn't preorder will be able to find a ps4 on release day if they are willing to put forth a little effort. With all the preorders being filled and so many different stores selling electronics, I expect I should be able to call a local retail store and find one with no problem.

Highly disagree. 

Message 26 of 44 (398 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5102 posts

Oct 8, 2013
I'm sure some people in some places won't be able to find them but overall I believe this shortage is way too over hyped. Maybe the preorder people want to believe there's a shortage so they don't feel dumb for giving away their money 6 months early? I'll find out soon enough because I didn't preorder.
And the results are in, the winner of Sonys #20YearsOf Play poll is...
"Winner: SOCOM II: U.S. Navy Seals (24.74%)"​

It's a great day to be a SOCOM fan!!!!!!!!!!
Awesome job SOCOM fans, Worldwide!
Message 27 of 44 (391 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1873 posts

Oct 8, 2013

Well, I am sure all pre orders are top priority and most likely will. Sony said that They will not have stock issues like the wii did.

PSN: Deadly_Rabbit123
XBL: BruteForce94

Proud Owner of Xbox One and PS4
Message 28 of 44 (387 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3231 posts

Oct 8, 2013

I think there will be a shortage but the sales alone on launch day for the ps4 will be frantic and done within the first hour or two..depending on how much each location gets. Im sure pre orders will be the first to go counting that all ppl who did pre order show up early and remembered there receipt LOL

photo 557c3c40-b625-4286-ad5f-95b19a50b165.jpg
Message 29 of 44 (382 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2546 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 8, 2013

MADDENKING1980 wrote:
I'm sure some people in some places won't be able to find them but overall I believe this shortage is way too over hyped. Maybe the preorder people want to believe there's a shortage so they don't feel dumb for giving away their money 6 months early? I'll find out soon enough because I didn't preorder.

Some area's will have some systems to sell but it will not be wide spread. Its not as if anyone in any part of the US will be able to walk out at noon time on launch day to any store they feel like and just pull a PS4 off the shelf. 

Pre ordering a system is not dumb its insuring that you do in fact get one on launch day. Not preording one and thinking you can just walk into any best buy walmart target or gamestop on day one and get one is what is dumb.

There will be a shortage and Sony will say that even though they knew the deamand was high they could not intisipate the amount of people who wanted one day one and they will do their best to get additional systems out in the coming months. There will be just enough of a shortage to make it a huge seller for christmas with enough systems making it to the US for then.

Message 30 of 44 (381 Views)
0 Likes