Fender Bender
3334 posts

Re: Will there be enough PS4's

Oct 8, 2013
Depends how fast the Japanese people want to work manufacturing them.
Image and video hosting by TinyPicHEAVY WEAPONS GUYImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 11 of 44 (806 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2546 posts

Oct 8, 2013

You people are confusing those who have pre ordered to those who have not. If you pre ordered you are getting a system, thats the point of pre ordering. When it comes to avaiable consoles at launch all of those who pre ordered will get a system those who did not probably wont b/c the first shipment of systems are for those who pre ordered. Sure some stores here and there across the country may have a a few extra systems but your not going to walk into gamestop, bestbuy, walmart, target exc exc.. on the 15th and see a bunch of PS4's on the shelf. 

Message 12 of 44 (792 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2546 posts

Oct 8, 2013

HWGuy14 wrote:
Depends how fast the Japanese people want to work manufacturing them.

Its also being manufactured in China

Message 13 of 44 (790 Views)
First Son
22 posts

Oct 8, 2013
I'm not so sure about that. I preordered very late (last week) with both Target and Sam's Club. Sam's club had them available on two separate occasions (including a good 24 hour stretch) before they "sold out." That seems like a long time to have PS4s available for preorder. I suppose it all depends on when they became aware of their likely inventory at launch, and when they decided to offer the item for pre-order. But I'm wondering whether some places may be overestimating the number of units they will actually receive at launch. If they overestimate the inventory, some preorders will not be filled right away.
Message 14 of 44 (782 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Oct 8, 2013
That said, I am a bit of a pessimist and I don't have any real evidence either way. Maybe some of the forum members who work retail (at places like Target, Toys R Us, GameStop, etc.) might have a better sense? One guy at my local Target told me that they had 10 units at that store for preorder, but he was also expecting a "limited" number of units to be in the store at launch.
Message 15 of 44 (778 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2546 posts

Oct 8, 2013

vanilla_gorilla5 wrote:
I'm not so sure about that. I preordered very late (last week) with both Target and Sam's Club. Sam's club had them available on two separate occasions (including a good 24 hour stretch) before they "sold out." That seems like a long time to have PS4s available for preorder. I suppose it all depends on when they became aware of their likely inventory at launch, and when they decided to offer the item for pre-order. But I'm wondering whether some places may be overestimating the number of units they will actually receive at launch. If they overestimate the inventory, some preorders will not be filled right away.

Target and Sams club are prob some of the worse places to pre order from. Anyone that orders from Best Buy or Gamestop will get one on launch day. Your issue is not that there will be enough systems, your problem is that the places you pre ordered from may not know exactly how many they are going to get or may take more pre orders then systems they will be getting. Places like Gamestop and Best Buy know the amount of systems they will be getting on launch day so they can take the correct number of pre orders.

This is not an issue of Sony ramping up enough production to fill all the pre orders its that not all the places that can be pre ordred from are all that reliable.  

Message 16 of 44 (777 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
789 posts

Oct 8, 2013
Won't Best Buy have some available on launch day for those who didn't preorder? Also, you know some are going to cancel preorders. If timing and a little luck are on your side, you'll probably be able to get one a week or two after launch. If not, the life of this console will be several years, so what's the big rush in the long run?
Permanently left the PS Forums because of a trolling MVP and poor moderation.
Message 17 of 44 (774 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2546 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 8, 2013

PhDChaos wrote:
Won't Best Buy have some available on launch day for those who didn't preorder? Also, you know some are going to cancel preorders. If timing and a little luck are on your side, you'll probably be able to get one a week or two after launch. If not, the life of this console will be several years, so what's the big rush in the long run?

Some stores may have some consoles but its not going to be wide spread across the whole country. Depends on which store and what area you live in. There is no guarantee that one Best Buy will have consoles left while another may not. I'm sure some people may cancel at the last min but the other thing is that most pre orders are already paid for so it would have to be someone that put very litle down on the system to begin with and has a lot left to pay off b/c most systems have already been paid off or are close to being paid off. Such as with mine I have $150 left to pay on mine before the 15th. 

The big rush is that its new and everyone wants to have one first or to say they have one while others dont. There are a few other gamers at where I work and I'm the only one getting a PS4 at launch but they all want one but they are getting one later on. More shipments will come in the weeks after but you have to know when they come in b/c I'm sure the systems wont sit on the shelf long.

Everytime a new system comes out both sides say they will have enough at launch but it never happens. They know overall those people that want one on day one and did not pre order will still by one weeks or a month down the road. Its all about creating hype and the hype will sell more consoles in the long run more so then having enough for everyone to get one on day one. 

Message 18 of 44 (771 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Oct 8, 2013

I was afraid of that. I ordered from both places hoping to "hedge my bet" a bit, but I have a feeling that neither of them is going to come through.You would think that Target would know how many units they purchased from Sony, but I imagine it's pretty complicated. I think just the fact that some people have already paid for their pre-orders in full suggests that places like Gamestop have a better handle on their inventory.

It's my own fault for coming so late to the party. 

Message 19 of 44 (763 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2546 posts

Oct 8, 2013

vanilla_gorilla5 wrote:

I was afraid of that. I ordered from both places hoping to "hedge my bet" a bit, but I have a feeling that neither of them is going to come through.You would think that Target would know how many units they purchased from Sony, but I imagine it's pretty complicated. I think just the fact that some people have already paid for their pre-orders in full suggests that places like Gamestop have a better handle on their inventory.

It's my own fault for coming so late to the party. 

Most people dont think of Sams club as far as pre ordering a system so you have that going for you but like I said before Sams club is not a huge retailer of game systems so how many and if they get any is the real question. This is just what I think but from the way I see it enough consoles are produced to fill the inital pre orders at the major retailers like Game Stop, Best Buy, walmart, Amazon and other major electronic retailers, then there are the systems that will be sent out throughout the country as the so called "extras" on launch day. These are the ones that you will see pop up in places that you dont usually think to look for as far as consoles. For exaple a Sams club in FL may get 4 systems while one in Nebraska may not get any. Eventually you will be able to buy them everywhere but that willt take time. Between the two places I would say one of them will probably pull through and you will end up with a system its just that out of those two I have heard that Target is not the best place to pre order from and I had no Idea you even could at Sams Club. 

Message 20 of 44 (730 Views)
0 Likes