Oct 08 2013
By: greenlantern027 Lombax Warrior 128 posts

Will there be enough PS4's

43 replies 731 views Edited Oct 8, 2013

Do you think there will be enough PS4s on day one to fill all pre orders, or do you think there will be a shortage? I remember what happened at wii and wii u launch, and even though I preordered I was still waiting. I dont do midnight launches anymore because I have a daughter now, but would be more than upset if i go in on the 15th and theyre all gone. what do you think?

Message 1 of 44 (731 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5702 posts

Re: Will there be enough PS4's

Oct 8, 2013

They said they was going to have some in stock but not to sure... Lets just wait and find out.. Good luck though

photo f9ed0560-3816-41c2-9bbf-cb66d0260acb_zpsyrnrzise.jpg
Message 2 of 44 (724 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13577 posts

Oct 8, 2013

I would assume so.

They're probably only creating the "belief" that there will be a shortage, in order to increase demand.

More than likely, they have more PS4s than Pre-orders, but are purposely holding back so that higher demand can result in better total holiday sales by restocking before Christmas.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 3 of 44 (716 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
128 posts

Oct 8, 2013

right. Just dont want to wait even longer even with pre ordering the console. Just hope they wait for all pre orders to be filled before they sell them to others without pre ordering.

Message 4 of 44 (706 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3790 posts

Oct 8, 2013

of course not. There are never enough consoles - that's all part of the fun of the launches.

Message 5 of 44 (699 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
787 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 8, 2013

There has never been enough consoles as far back as ps2. I pre-ordered mine from sears at the time and it came in 4 months after launch. I pre-oreder from ebgames now. Ps3 I got on day one. Where did you pre-order from?

Message 6 of 44 (683 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
128 posts

Oct 8, 2013

VizorX wrote:

There has never been enough consoles as far back as ps2. I pre-ordered mine from sears at the time and it came in 4 months after launch. I pre-oreder from ebgames now. Ps3 I got on day one. Where did you pre-order from?

I pre ordered from Gamestop in my town. From what I have read, productions are good and there should be enough to fill pre orders and have a few on the shelves, but have seen nothing from an extremely trust worthy source.

Message 7 of 44 (670 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
81 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 8, 2013

greenlantern027 wrote:

VizorX wrote:

I pre ordered from Gamestop in my town. From what I have read, productions are good and there should be enough to fill pre orders and have a few on the shelves, but have seen nothing from an extremely trust worthy source.

I pre orderd mine on day one of pre orders 6/11/13 at 11:30AM EST online at gamestop.com with the fastest shipping, and I called GameStop.com last week to make sure my system was coming on launch day because I wanted to pre order 2 more games at a GameStop store if so. So they told me that I orderd it in time and that I'm getting my PS4 for sure on launch day and there is nothing to be worried about. So in my opinion if you pre orderd it on day one of pre orders or with in a few days after that I would not be worried about getting it late, even at a GameStop store.

Message 8 of 44 (648 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
21008 posts

Oct 8, 2013

Matsudaira wrote:

of course not. There are never enough consoles - that's all part of the fun of the launches.

yeah its also a (questionable) business tactic to artificially inflate demand.   (not that the demand for PS4 isn't there), but intenionally launching with a shortage, adds a frenzy to it, and people will want it more because it is not readily available.

That said, I'm feeling less hype around the launch for PS4 then I did when PS3 launched.    But maybe i've just not been as into it, or perhaps its just me personally.

Message 9 of 44 (635 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
39 posts

Oct 8, 2013

Could be a tactic or simply the truth hehe but in my area they stoped taking pre orders like two months ago (Gamestop) and there are like 12 gamestop's near my house.

Message 10 of 44 (626 Views)
0 Likes