Gaming Beast
2156 posts

Re: Alternate Analog Stick Layout? (PS4)

Feb 9, 2014

ps4-controller-vs-ps3-controller-560-80.jpg

Its larger, but not by that much.

It looks like the biggest difference is the DS4 looks to be more shaped to fit in the hand better, while the DS3 has more of a defined shape look to it. 

-evilbunny

Message 11 of 34 (1,154 Views)
Wastelander
541 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 9, 2014

The PlayStation 4 controller seems to improve a lot. The handgrips are a lot easier to hold, the L2 and R2 buttons have improved triggers, because you get to press these buttons without your fingers falling. So, definitely better than the PS3 controller, and more improved. Plus, I like the Share and Options button. Also, the thumbsticks are way better than the PS3 thumbsticks, because the PS4 thumbsticks, in my opinion, are not slippery, and also you get to use them without losing the grips on them.

Message 12 of 34 (1,146 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Re: Will there be an alternate controller for the PS4 that resembles the current Xbox controller?

Jul 3, 2014

I really hope SONY (in the near future, meaning 2014) offers their customers an alternate controller, with the analog stick placements like that of the "xbox controller". I can't lie SONY, Microsoft has you beat on the overall feel, and comfort, of the controller. We're making the switch and supporting you; how about you support us.

Message 13 of 34 (864 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jul 3, 2014

Forget the kiosk, I'm trying the controller out here at home, and it's not all good I have to say. This thing feels weird.

Message 14 of 34 (864 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14267 posts

Re: Will there be an alternate controller for the PS4 that resembles the current Xbox controller?

[ Edited ]
Jul 3, 2014

JaySkoon93 wrote:

Hey guys! This is my first post ever on here, so please excuse me if I do something wrong.

Anyway, as my signature says, I am currently an avid Xbox 360 gamer. I know, I know, BOOO!!! But as soon as I get the money, I'll be making the switch to the better console for this next generation, the PlayStation 4! My only problem is the controller. I have big hands and they have never fit comfortably on any of the PlayStation controllers because the grips/handles are too short and the analog sticks are too close together. Is there any chance that there will be a controller for the PlayStation 4 that resembles the Xbox controller, in terms of analog stick placement and bigger handles?! I'm just curious. Thank you in advance for any help! Smiley Very Happy

Edit - Updated title and label

Probably will be. Personally I'm on the other hand of the spectrum. I need a smaller pad than the PS4 or XBOX Ones. the PS3 DS3 was perfect.

Options are always good though.

From what I understand Giotech are working on a pad, don't know what it looks like yet, they haven't given any details about that or a release date.

I guess I shouldn't complain though.. It's not as bad as I make out, Could be worse.. Like the Wii U Pro Controller, that thing is all kinds of wrong. XBOX  PAD with the left analog stick at the top. It's just... REALLY odd and impossible to adjust to or even play a game other than a racer with it.

Message 15 of 34 (854 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jul 28, 2014

I played on an xbxox 360 before the PS4. With the xbox 360 controller, I could shoot long range objects in first person shooters. Sense I switched to the PS4, I can't. The symmetrical joysticks just don't work for me. The PS4 has better hardware, but the xbox controller is much easier for me to use. You should try out both systems before you make a purchase. This will probably be the last Playstation I buy, just because of the symmetrical joysticks, not the hardware.

Message 16 of 34 (794 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1029 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 28, 2014

CHQSEN wrote:

I really hope SONY (in the near future, meaning 2014) offers their customers an alternate controller, with the analog stick placements like that of the "xbox controller". I can't lie SONY, Microsoft has you beat on the overall feel, and comfort, of the controller. We're making the switch and supporting you; how about you support us.

No no no. You just got used to the Xbox controller. There's nothing wrong with the DS4. I have played Xbox since it came out, and never had issues switching controllers regardless of having large hands, I just held the controller differently. I didn't like the DS3 (It really was a bit small,) but I can say with absolute certainty the DS4 is the best controller I have ever used. It feels great using both D-Pad and Analog Stick (something that the 360 controller simply couldn't do).

You need to slide your hand slightly down the controller when using the analog to hold it correctly. Only problem you will have is if you press L1 (LB) with your middle finger. Unless that's the case, it'll feel fine. There is no chance of Sony doing that first party, but the third party controllers of PS have always been better than the Xbox ones. Try it out.

UncagedToe32 wrote:

I played on an xbxox 360 before the PS4. With the xbox 360 controller, I could shoot long range objects in first person shooters. Sense I switched to the PS4, I can't. The symmetrical joysticks just don't work for me. The PS4 has better hardware, but the xbox controller is much easier for me to use. You should try out both systems before you make a purchase. This will probably be the last Playstation I buy, just because of the symmetrical joysticks, not the hardware.

You know after a few years the PS3 had an Xbox 360 controller replica, right? Give it time, they have to deal with the touchpad problem, but they should come. I really don't see how the symmetrical sticks make an issue to your aim, though. The right stick (which is used to aim) is in the same place...

Message 17 of 34 (776 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

s4 Re: Will there be an alternate controller for the PS4 that resembles the current Xbox controller?

[ Edited ]
Jul 28, 2014

I appreciate your kind words. I hope they have an xbox replica, it would make my purchase worth it, and I would stop second guessing my purchase.

Message 18 of 34 (771 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3334 posts

Jul 28, 2014
^ just buy it.
Image and video hosting by TinyPicHEAVY WEAPONS GUYImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 19 of 34 (765 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3069 posts

Jul 28, 2014

CHQSEN wrote:

Forget the kiosk, I'm trying the controller out here at home, and it's not all good I have to say. This thing feels weird.

Of course it's going to feel weird after you had gotten used to the 360 controller for the last 8-9 years.

Message 20 of 34 (751 Views)
0 Likes