Reply
Aug 13 2014
By: SillyMikey First Son 4 posts
Offline

Will the voice chat quality on PS4 be improved?

[ Edited ]
20 replies 1804 views Edited Aug 14, 2014

I have to say, the only real disappointement ive had so far with the ps4 is the voice chat quality. It feels very subpar. Is this something sony is looking into improving? Considering ps4 is now my main console for multiplayer gaming, this is a HUGE issue for me.

 

 

Mod Edit: Updated title and label. Check here for more information. Thanks! --GrainneNessa

 

 

Message 1 of 21 (1,804 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 04/28/2014
Offline
555 posts
 

Re: Will the voice chat quality be improved?

Aug 13, 2014

the voice chat quality is crap because they sent little cheapo mics out with every system, guess they werent thinking that through at how bad people would sound through them...or they just didnt care...either which way I end up muting more people using these junk mics to try to communicate with team then actually communicating with teams on TLOU...real sad to see SONY bomb multiplayer games this bad...what a slap in the face to all gamers having sent this worthless mics with these systems.

Message 2 of 21 (1,768 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 10/15/2008
Offline
146 posts
 

Re: Will the voice chat quality be improved?

Aug 13, 2014

I use a gaming headset and the quality is crystal clear. If some one has a cheap microphone it's going to sound cheap.

 

(Although some times that isn't the case i have owned some cheap one's that sounded fantastic)

Owner of: PC, PS4, PS3.
Next: PS Vita, 3DS, Wii-U.
PS4 Received: 3/6/14


FF14 Online: A Realm Reborn
Server: Gilgamesh

Clam Gauvain


Message 3 of 21 (1,759 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 05/02/2014
Online
2647 posts
 

Re: Will the voice chat quality be improved?

Aug 13, 2014

UGo_6FT_Below wrote:

the voice chat quality is crap because they sent little cheapo mics out with every system, guess they werent thinking that through at how bad people would sound through them...or they just didnt care...either which way I end up muting more people using these junk mics to try to communicate with team then actually communicating with teams on TLOU...real sad to see SONY bomb multiplayer games this bad...what a slap in the face to all gamers having sent this worthless mics with these systems.


My god are you done grinding your axe over the FREE microphone yet?

 

The issue is that some games have bad chat quality just like on PS3 go play Blacklight and the chat is so bad and then play Killzone and it's perfect. It looks like it's up to the game to have good game chat quality. It's not the mic it's the game.

Message 4 of 21 (1,754 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 03/30/2013
Offline
2921 posts
 

Re: Will the voice chat quality be improved?

Aug 13, 2014

its definitely awful. they need to add an echo canceler and few other tweaks to it.


Message 5 of 21 (1,752 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/24/2004
Online
6968 posts
 

Re: Will the voice chat quality be improved?

Aug 13, 2014

SillyMikey wrote:

I have to say, the only real disappointement ive had so far with the ps4 is the voice chat quality. It feels very subpar. Is this something sony is looking into improving? Considering ps4 is now my main console for multiplayer gaming, this is a HUGE issue for me.

 

 

Mod Edit: Updated label. Please click here to learn more about labels. -Super_Nova2k13

 

 


You do know that the quality can be affected by your intenet connection as well as someone else's in the party, right? It could be the mic, it could be the volume of the mic that the user sets, it could be where the location of the mic is by the user. It could even be a network issue with ports on the users router.

 

When my clan and I were playing BF4 we used the party chat instead of in game because it was so much better and crystal clear.

Troll, flame or be offensive:Trolling and flaming is when you deliberately make offensive or provocative comments with the aim of upsetting another user or prompting an angry response from them.We will remove posts or threads which are found to be insulting, harassing, threatening or non-constructive and overly negative. We reserve the right to immediately delete any posting or suspend any user at our sole discretion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRTN97XEASQ
Message 6 of 21 (1,745 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 03/30/2013
Offline
2921 posts
 

Re: Will the voice chat quality be improved?

Aug 13, 2014

SHANE523 wrote:

SillyMikey wrote:

I have to say, the only real disappointement ive had so far with the ps4 is the voice chat quality. It feels very subpar. Is this something sony is looking into improving? Considering ps4 is now my main console for multiplayer gaming, this is a HUGE issue for me.

 

 

Mod Edit: Updated label. Please click here to learn more about labels. -Super_Nova2k13

 

 


You do know that the quality can be affected by your intenet connection as well as someone else's in the party, right? It could be the mic, it could be the volume of the mic that the user sets, it could be where the location of the mic is by the user. It could even be a network issue with ports on the users router.

 

When my clan and I were playing BF4 we used the party chat instead of in game because it was so much better and crystal clear.


sound needs almost no speed.  


Message 7 of 21 (1,735 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 07/10/2007
Offline
911 posts
 

Re: Will the voice chat quality be improved?

[ Edited ]
Aug 13, 2014

B3GV5M63 wrote:

SHANE523 wrote:

SillyMikey wrote:

I have to say, the only real disappointement ive had so far with the ps4 is the voice chat quality. It feels very subpar. Is this something sony is looking into improving? Considering ps4 is now my main console for multiplayer gaming, this is a HUGE issue for me.

 

 

Mod Edit: Updated label. Please click here to learn more about labels. -Super_Nova2k13

 

 


You do know that the quality can be affected by your intenet connection as well as someone else's in the party, right? It could be the mic, it could be the volume of the mic that the user sets, it could be where the location of the mic is by the user. It could even be a network issue with ports on the users router.

 

When my clan and I were playing BF4 we used the party chat instead of in game because it was so much better and crystal clear.


sound needs almost no speed.  


That's true if they were only using sound but if the Video of the game plus they have people in the house that are taxing their bandwith then it's going to effect the voice chat as well.

Message 8 of 21 (1,730 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 03/30/2013
Offline
2921 posts
 

Re: Will the voice chat quality be improved?

Aug 13, 2014

Letherface wrote:

B3GV5M63 wrote:

SHANE523 wrote:

SillyMikey wrote:

I have to say, the only real disappointement ive had so far with the ps4 is the voice chat quality. It feels very subpar. Is this something sony is looking into improving? Considering ps4 is now my main console for multiplayer gaming, this is a HUGE issue for me.

 

 

Mod Edit: Updated label. Please click here to learn more about labels. -Super_Nova2k13

 

 


You do know that the quality can be affected by your intenet connection as well as someone else's in the party, right? It could be the mic, it could be the volume of the mic that the user sets, it could be where the location of the mic is by the user. It could even be a network issue with ports on the users router.

 

When my clan and I were playing BF4 we used the party chat instead of in game because it was so much better and crystal clear.


sound needs almost no speed.  


That's true if they were only using sound but if the Video of the game plus they have people in the house that are taxing their bandwith then it's going to effect the voice chat as well.


no it won't,


Message 9 of 21 (1,716 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 07/22/2007
Offline
366 posts
 

Re: Will the voice chat quality be improved?

Aug 13, 2014

Voice sounds good with the Gold Wireless Headset, tested with Destiny, but you need to run off the Virtual Surround Sound sadly or voices will sound strange and reverby.

 

Voice sounds great on Xbox One, about the only thing it has going for it now aside from a good official media remote. LOL

 

No big deal for me as I almost never talk to anyone even in MP matches.

Message 10 of 21 (1,710 Views)
Reply
0 Likes