First Son
10 posts

Re: Will the Vita play PSN downloadable games?

Jun 12, 2011

Thats too bad.

If that is true that I cant port ALL of my PS3 PSN arcade games to the Vita then I will not purchase this. I think SONY missed the boat with this one as trophies have already been implemented and my ideal VITA would have been to play disc and PSN games at home and when Im "on the go" continue progress in my PSN PS3 games as well as advancing my trophy collection while sing the VITA.

Bigtime miss on Sonys part because Im not the only one with a large backlog who would have loved to purchase the VITA and use my games that I have already purchased.

It might have some good titles at launch and it might take off and do very well but Im sure they missed alot of sales due to the lack of cohesiveness between consoles and the arcade games.

Message 11 of 21 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5189 posts

Jun 13, 2011

mhughes1212 wrote:

Thats too bad.

If that is true that I cant port ALL of my PS3 PSN arcade games to the Vita then I will not purchase this. I think SONY missed the boat with this one as trophies have already been implemented and my ideal VITA would have been to play disc and PSN games at home and when Im "on the go" continue progress in my PSN PS3 games as well as advancing my trophy collection while sing the VITA.

Bigtime miss on Sonys part because Im not the only one with a large backlog who would have loved to purchase the VITA and use my games that I have already purchased.

It might have some good titles at launch and it might take off and do very well but Im sure they missed alot of sales due to the lack of cohesiveness between consoles and the arcade games.

There are some games being written that you will be able to get for both the PS3 and PSV that will allow you to continue your game between platforms, some were mentioned during E3 but all I can remember is Hustle Kings at the moment. I do not know if you have to buy both versions seperately or if they will come in a double pack, but you still need aversion that is written for each platform. If some developers choose to make some of there current games available for the PSV that is upto them and they will announce it when it happens. PSN+ cloud saving feature is the thing that will allow this to happen.

I know WipeOut is being released for the PSV that will multiplay with WipeOut HD, but that is only on the tracks they share, as the PSV version is supposed to have new tracks and more features, so the saved game will not carry over.

Super Stardust is also a remake/improvement, you should expect to see alot more of this so I would not expect game save sharing very much on any current games.

Message 12 of 21 (184 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Jun 13, 2011

hey people , the PsVita will play some ps3 games, of course not exactly the same way the ps3 does , but it will , the only differences there will be are the graphics , and the size of the game on the memory

Message 13 of 21 (184 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
28763 posts

Jun 14, 2011

william69952 wrote:

hey people , the PsVita will play some ps3 games, of course not exactly the same way the ps3 does , but it will , the only differences there will be are the graphics , and the size of the game on the memory

That isn't quite correct.  Some future games will have PS3 and Vita versions that can share save data.  It will be possible to synchronize data between the PS3 and the Vita, and continue a game that you started on the PS3 on your Vita while you are away from home.  When you return home, you can synchronize save data again, and continue where you left off on your PS3.  Any trophies that you earned while playing the Vita version of the game would be credited to your PSN account on your PS3 also.  One game with this capability, RUIN (working title) was demonstrated at the Sony E3 press conference.  At this point only a handful of games, at most, are likely to be able to do this during the Vita launch Window. 

As stated in earlier posts, the Vita can run exactly zero PS3 games; past, present, and future. The Vita versions will be separate games, with similar, but not identical, gameplay.  The control options and audio will typically be different; and the graphics will have to be different, as the Vita isn't a true HD console, but is better than SD. The Vita versions of the games will be sold separately, and may be bundled with the PS3 version in some cases.  That is up to the publisher or retailer.  The vast majority of PS3 games released won't have a Vita compatible version, at least for the first year.  The percentage that do in the future will depend on how well the Vita sells (and how well Vita games sell, which is different, but related).  PS3-Vita game compatibility will always be on a game-by-game basis. There is no general compatibility between the PS3 and the Vita as far as games are concerned; except for PS1 Classics, and most Minis.  In that respect, the Vita is similar to the PSP.

GKP
Message 14 of 21 (184 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Mar 2, 2012

The stupid thing would not download psone game.

I guess they want you to remote play on those.

Message 15 of 21 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
538 posts

Mar 2, 2012

I guess you didn't do any research then ? The Vita does not currently support PS One games directly. You have to use remote play. Sony has already said that PS One compatibility is coming.

Message 16 of 21 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5189 posts

Mar 2, 2012

Deepguy wrote:

The stupid thing would not download psone game.

I guess they want you to remote play on those.

That is becasuse the PSVita does not currently have a PSOne emulator in it. It will not allow you to download a game it can not run. Sony are planning to add the emulator in the future.

Message 17 of 21 (184 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Mar 2, 2012

Good answer.

I was looking at all the hype it would play psone games. Did not see it had to be remote play any where.

Message 18 of 21 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
191 posts

Mar 3, 2012

I'm actually quite disappointed, I really thought remote play would work. I mean they showed killzone playing via remote play. I do not care if it has to be local. I have no problem with that. Remote play works. Don't let anyone tell you different. Story wifi acres with a ps3 running 3.55 and on a dual band router, infamous 2 ran amazing. This is what we want, this is what Sony said we would get. Wii U will have it. Step up Sony and unlock remote play. Some of us have good connections.

www.dadsofgaming.com / extra-life.org participant
Message 19 of 21 (184 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 30, 2012

I am not feeling the value of my PS Vita right now, Game Development seems minimal and not at all game are up to the task of the hardware it provides. Each game I get seems to be a dissapointment in some way and I did not buy my Vita just to have an over glorified PSP.

I want to make this clear, as a Playstation Costumer I feel the need for Cross Play games to be a given. If I have say, Super Street Fighter HD on my PS3 and KNOWING full well that a 2D has no problem working on the Vita. I feel it should also be availible to me or at least purchasable on my Vita.

Street Fighter 3 Third Strike, Double Dragon, After Burner, Daytona USA, Scott Pilgram vs. the World. And the list goes on, there are a huge list of games like this I'd like to be able to play mobile. 

If someone in PS is listening to this, please tell me this is being worked on and please please don't tell me I'm being ripped off and know that the extent of our cross play titles is Only games as 8-bit as Retro City rampage....

Message 20 of 21 (128 Views)
0 Likes