PlayStation MVP
16129 posts

Re: Will the Playstation 4 allow for game sharing?

Jun 12, 2013

Like the PS3, ANYONE who has access to a PS3 in a household, has access to all the games that another user has in their account.

You can one account on it that pays for all the games, and then have several other accounts that don't. They would still have access to all the games from that one account.

Furiously Chaosing

I get you so horked up

Message 11 of 13 (328 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 13, 2013

Regarding the Playstation 3, it is perfectly acceptable for me to share content downloaded from the Playstation Store with my brother since he is a direct family member.

This being said... I still have my hopes that the restrictions set for the Playstation 4 will be no differant than the Playstation 3... I've found out that the details still have not yet been released, so the only thing I can do now is wait.

Message 12 of 13 (314 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
291 posts

Jun 13, 2013

capowell18 wrote:

Natalie445 wrote:

I don't see anything wrong with sharing with his brother... I have 2 ps3s in my house and love this feature too, since I don't want to share my ps3 with anyone. Since it's not that expensive it's possible I will end up with 2 ps4s eventually too.

The games that you buy on the PS store are for you to use on the systems that you own in your own household. Consider this, you pay 59.99 for a game on the PS store for Call of Duty Black Ops. I use that game as an example because the COD series is a runaway hit with millions of PSN users. You download it and install it but you have another system as well that you want to play it on so you log in with your PSN account on that system and download COD Black Ops to it. That is a correct usage of your game content activations. Now rewind a little bit. Say that you have purchased COD Black Ops and activated it on one system (you have one activation left) and your friend comes over and you play the game. Your friend wants to play the game on his own PS3 but he does not have the 59.99 to purchase it from the PS store. You decide to give your email and password to your friend. He creates a new user on his PS3 and signs into your PSN account and downloads COD Black Ops to his PS3 and spends the rest of the day happily playing it.

You think you have been a good friend but what you have not considered is that you have cheated Activision (the makers of COD Black Ops) out of their rightful 60 bucks. Many of the people who work on these games to make them an awesome success work extremely long hours. Some work with very little sleep and many work to the point of exhaustion to ensure the game is a hit and that a lot of people will buy it. With your one act, you have literally spat in the face of Activision and all the hard work it's employees put into making COD Black Ops the runaway hit it has become. Any game maker is in business to make a profit. That is no sin as many people would have you believe. It is the very essence of business. If a business is not profitable then it will collapse. That has been true since the dawn of business.

Well since its COD spit away lol. Do not support Priacy lest next gen DRM becomes a reality(after PS4)

我わくう我わこう我わじん我わ人不つるぎにてすべてのつみをかりとり悪をめつする
PSNID:BalmungTaichou
Vita owner PS4 owner(hopefully)
Message 13 of 13 (174 Views)
0 Likes