Highlighted
Jul 15 2013
By: that-acmilan-guy Hekseville Citizen 273 posts

Will the PSN DLCs be region free on the PS4?

11 replies 494 views Edited Jul 15, 2013

One of the most annoying things about the PS3 and PSN is that even though the PS3 games are region free, the DLCs were not. Suppose you have Battlefield 3 game from UK, but you have a US PSN account which allows you to buy and download from the US store. After downloading that Battlefield 3 expansion pack, you load it up only to see nothing happens. Why? Because the game regions don't match. 

From what I can tell in many games Region 1 and 3 are compatible between each other. While Region 2 and 4 were compatible between each other.

I just hope this time the DLCs are region free as well.

Message 1 of 12 (494 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
8182 posts

Re: Will the PSN DLCs be region free on the PS4?

Jul 15, 2013

that-acmilan-guy wrote:

One of the most annoying things about the PS3 and PSN is that even though the PS3 games are region free, the DLCs were not. Suppose you have Battlefield 3 game from UK, but you have a US PSN account which allows you to buy and download from the US store. After downloading that Battlefield 3 expansion pack, you load it up only to see nothing happens. Why? Because the game regions don't match. 

From what I can tell in many games Region 1 and 3 are compatible between each other. While Region 2 and 4 were compatible between each other.

I don't know for sure but I doubt things will change.

FiveFourteen
Ask FiveFourteen,Twitter,Google+
"I am passionate, vigilant, motivated, and I am proud to be a part of the PlayStation Community."
Message 2 of 12 (492 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
273 posts

Jul 15, 2013
Thing is, I live in Bangladesh which is not part of the officially supported country for PlayStation despite how amazingly popular the system is over here. Because of this, our retailers bring mixed region games. So is hard for us to sometimes match our PSN account with the games.
Message 3 of 12 (470 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
7851 posts

Jul 15, 2013

Doubtful they aren't in the PS3 and will probably be the same in the PS4

KANE-FIRE

Message 4 of 12 (468 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
9151 posts

Jul 15, 2013

Even though you can PS3, PSP, and Vita retail games from another region, I doubt the PS4 DLC for games would be region-free because of regional coding.

Message 5 of 12 (445 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1431 posts

Jul 15, 2013
I don't think it will change if so I'm sure sony would have stated this
Message 6 of 12 (432 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
273 posts

Jul 15, 2013
Kinda funny as Xbox Live is action region free (DLCs are region free) but the their games are region locked lol.
Message 7 of 12 (423 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
34828 posts

Jul 15, 2013

that-acmilan-guy wrote:

Not going to happen, sorry!

BRIT-KO

Message 8 of 12 (420 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
74 posts

Jul 15, 2013

Probably won't happen. And it's nuts that they don't bother to change it. Technically and legally there is no reason to annoy their customers.

Message 9 of 12 (412 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
8182 posts

Jul 15, 2013

Golwar wrote:

Probably won't happen. And it's nuts that they don't bother to change it. Technically and legally there is no reason to annoy their customers.

That statement is false.

FiveFourteen
Ask FiveFourteen,Twitter,Google+
"I am passionate, vigilant, motivated, and I am proud to be a part of the PlayStation Community."
Message 10 of 12 (410 Views)
0 Likes