Fender Bender
3613 posts

Re: Will the PS4 have support for TVs that aren't HD?

Jun 18, 2013

Ah forget about the a/v output, did anyone notice the  hdd on that list?

It says the hdd is built in...

Now with so little info on this and so many question..

Does this mean built into the console where it can't be upgraded?

Or is it where it is like the ps3?

I don't remember the ps3 description ever saying the hdd was built in..

It always said it was removable..

So this might be 1 place sony screws the customer..

Photobucket

1TB 7200RPM Destop HDD Under it's own power outside of the ps3 Smiley Tongue
Message 21 of 40 (1,430 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
87 posts

Jun 18, 2013

deaofly wrote:
If Sony does offer some kind of HDMI to RCA cable then you can bet it won't be cheap. Haha Look at the PS Vita memory cards Smiley Sad Sony knows how to nickel and dime people just like everyone else.

this is against the hdmi licensing, look at what happend to the apple mini desplay port to hdmi its no longer avalable 

Message 22 of 40 (1,428 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
926 posts

Jun 18, 2013

hjason1 wrote:

Ah forget about the a/v output, did anyone notice the  hdd on that list?

It says the hdd is built in...

Now with so little info on this and so many question..

Does this mean built into the console where it can't be upgraded?

Or is it where it is like the ps3?

I don't remember the ps3 description ever saying the hdd was built in..

It always said it was removable..

So this might be 1 place sony screws the customer..

It is fully removeable and upgradable.  This has been confirmed by Yoshida on many occasions.  Sony likely stated "built-in" to indicate that the HDD is included in the system when your purchase it, and that the drive is not an external device that you connect to he system. 

So no worries about the HDD here.  Yoshida has strongly confirmed that the HDD is removable and upgradable exactly as it is in the PS3.

Message 23 of 40 (1,426 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
12347 posts

Jun 18, 2013

The new xbox only has hdmi, but the ps4 will have the same connector all sony consoles have had as well as hdmi.

It will come with the r,w,y, cable

Na13-31 wrote:
Finally, the structure of my question is that you would have to disprove every possible outcome to be correct and I would just have to have one that would likely be beneficial. That's statistically in my favor by quite a bit.

some_text
Message 24 of 40 (1,411 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
489 posts

Jun 18, 2013

lmao, there are still ppl who use those old boxes? This is 2013, not the 80s lol. Why have a giant box tv that is 10 times the weight and size of an flat screen hdtv with revolution that sucks, you can literally see the pixels on the screen. Upgrade to full HD, you wont ever go back to those heavy old boxes.

Message 25 of 40 (1,407 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10644 posts

Jun 18, 2013
I use an hd tv. I just prefer the standard av cables because they do not carry an electrical charge and are not prone to burning out the connection on the tv every time the power surges.
Message 26 of 40 (1,405 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
926 posts

Jun 18, 2013
Hate to break it to you, but if you get a significant power surge the analog av cables are not immune to transmitting the surge into anything they are connected to. Electricity doesn't care one bit if a connection is digital or analog. (As the standard AV cables can transmit digital OR analog signals). Electricity only cares about whether or not there is a path of least resistence to ground.

Whether you have your TV connected to a device via HDMI or Analog connections, there is the same risk of damage from an electrical surge no matter what. Hence why it is important to have all your senstive electronics plugged into a genuine surge protecting device, or have your whole house wired to block off eletrical surges.
Message 27 of 40 (1,396 Views)
Umbrella Scientist
12347 posts

Jun 18, 2013

buckallmighty wrote:
I use an hd tv. I just prefer the standard av cables because they do not carry an electrical charge and are not prone to burning out the connection on the tv every time the power surges.

Ps3 av cable pin out

From left to right viewing the rear of the console.
1 Ground (Analog Audio)
2 Analog Audio Right
3 Ground (Video)
4 Analog Audio Left
5 S-Video Y (luminance)
6 Composite Video/RGB Composite Sync*
7 S-Video C (chrominance)
8 Ground
9 Cb/RGB Blue*
10 +5Volt
11 Cr/RGB Red*
12 Y/RGB Green*

HDMI cable pin out

Both cables have a maximum voltage (or charge if you care to call it so) of +5VDC.

So what were you saying again?

Na13-31 wrote:
Finally, the structure of my question is that you would have to disprove every possible outcome to be correct and I would just have to have one that would likely be beneficial. That's statistically in my favor by quite a bit.

some_text
Message 28 of 40 (1,396 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10644 posts

Jun 18, 2013
Well then my tv is a piece of **bleep**. Because its burned out the hdmi 3 different times. Got tired of taking it to get it fixed and started using the av cables. Havnt had a problem since.
Message 29 of 40 (1,392 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
12347 posts

Jun 18, 2013

buckallmighty wrote:
Well then my tv is a piece of **bleep**. Because its burned out the hdmi 3 different times. Got tired of taking it to get it fixed and started using the av cables. Havnt had a problem since.

Did you use monster cables?

I have heard of and had several friends who ruined their hdmi ports via super heavy cables.

The store sales guys want you to buy $100 hdmi cable which weighs 10 pounds and it causes strain on the hdmi port, it starts acting up and eventually stops working altogether.

Rule of thumb is buy as cheap a cable as you can and see if it works, if so why were you just about to spend $100?!?!?!?

I have bought hdmi cables from big brand names for $70 to el-cheapo $2 HDMi cables at the dollar store and all were equal in video quality.

I am sure there are some super duper counterfit cables out there, I just havent found any yet, and I thought for sure the $2 ones would be horrible, they work fine for 3d, deep color, super white, etc.

Na13-31 wrote:

some_text
Message 30 of 40 (1,386 Views)
0 Likes