Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fender Bender
2785 posts

Re: Will the PS4 be compatible to play PS3 games?

[ Edited ]
Mar 20, 2013

No, the PS4 does not natively support PS3 games. I wish the PS4 was backwards compatible too, but sadly it's not. Sony wants to make PS1, PS2 and PS3 games streamable though.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 56 (886 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2390 posts

Mar 21, 2013

I'm glad that Sony has said that the PS4 will not have backwards compatibility.  That sort of stuff just makes the system cost more and then most people can't afford it.  The good thing is that I have been hearing that you will be able to sign into your old PSN account on your brand new PS4 and will be able to continue getting trophies.  I have 23 platinum trophies so I would not want to lose them. :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 56 (871 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1512 posts

Re: The PS4 compatible seiin to play PS3 games.

Mar 21, 2013

glaciusx25 wrote:

I have NO IDEA what you just said......

LMAO Its like me trying to talk to my wife,from China every night. "Honey, what did you just say?"She used to call helicopters, elephants and called the Thanksgiving turkey"The big chicken" Haaaa she is such a hottie though.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 56 (857 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1512 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 21, 2013

MonkeyDad1977 wrote:

I'm glad that Sony has said that the PS4 will not have backwards compatibility.  That sort of stuff just makes the system cost more and then most people can't afford it.  The good thing is that I have been hearing that you will be able to sign into your old PSN account on your brand new PS4 and will be able to continue getting trophies.  I have 23 platinum trophies so I would not want to lose them. :smileywink:

I would rather have the BC than the trophies, but there it is. They will set side by side when the PS4 actually has at least 5 games that are must have for me. That could take a long time.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 56 (851 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
48434 posts

Mar 21, 2013

CaptainAlbator wrote:

Here's the thing guys; you CAN have a PS3 AND a PS4 side by side. One doesn't preclude the other. Now I know what you're thinking; "But I have to sell my PS3 so I can buy a PS4!". Well says who exactly? GameStop? Those guys have you conditioned to think that's the only way, and you're taken in by the promise of a quick turn around. Really, when it comes down to it, trading in your systems and games to GameStop is a losing (note the spelling) proposition. You're better off keeping it, or if you do sell it to put it on Ebay or Craigslist and actual CASH for it.

Unless you don't have room in your entertainment center to have both hooked up at the same time, like myself :smileywink:

Amazon.com is actually where I have got the most money for my used video game items, I can set my price, they give me plenty for shipping, I don't have to worry about payment/paypal, and they charge me less than ebay!

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 56 (829 Views)
First Son
6 posts

Mar 21, 2013
Yes, I do say something, but not what I meant.

Your has much PS3 games and do not want to sell or for example at GameStop.
My question is will the PS3 games be compatible with PS4
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 56 (823 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
573 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 21, 2013

CaptainAlbator wrote:

Here's the thing guys; you CAN have a PS3 AND a PS4 side by side.

no heres the thing...

i dont want a bunch of systems cluttering up my livingspace, why is that so hard to comprehend?!

are you seriously telling me that you still have a VCR next to your DVD player thats next to your Blu-Ray player?

i didnt think so!!!!

LONG LIVE CECHA01!!!
the absolute pinnacle of console video gaming!
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 56 (810 Views)
Fender Bender
2785 posts

Mar 21, 2013

Cascadien wrote:

CaptainAlbator wrote:

Here's the thing guys; you CAN have a PS3 AND a PS4 side by side.

no heres the thing...

i dont want a bunch of systems cluttering up my livingspace, why is that so hard to comprehend?!

are you seriously telling me that you still have a VCR next to your DVD and Blu-Ray players?

i didnt think so!!!!

I agree! Having one device that can play all of your PlayStation games is better than having 2. 

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 56 (806 Views)
Gaming Beast
2390 posts

Mar 21, 2013

Would you guys rather spend your time playing all of the awesome next gen games instead of playing old outdated games?  I have been playing games my whole life and have never had the urge to play PS or PS2 games.  There's so many PS3 games that keep coming out that I can never get caught up.  I still have a pile of PS3 games that need to be platinumed still.  Also when I bought my PS3 I sold all of my dvd movies and only buy and rent blu-ray movies now.  I think that change is a good thing and you shouldn't let yourself get stuck in the past.  When the PS4 comes out I will sell my PS3 and all of my games and it will be a race again to try to keep up with all of the next gen games coming out.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 56 (801 Views)
Fender Bender
2785 posts

Mar 21, 2013

MonkeyDad1977 wrote:

Would you guys rather spend your time playing all of the awesome next gen games instead of playing old outdated games?  I have been playing games my whole life and have never had the urge to play PS or PS2 games.  There's so many PS3 games that keep coming out that I can never get caught up.  I still have a pile of PS3 games that need to be platinumed still.  Also when I bought my PS3 I sold all of my dvd movies and only buy and rent blu-ray movies now.  I think that change is a good thing and you shouldn't let yourself get stuck in the past.  When the PS4 comes out I will sell my PS3 and all of my games and it will be a race again to try to keep up with all of the next gen games coming out.

I like to play old and new games! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 56 (798 Views)