Nov 22 2008
By: bryan4306 First Son 2 posts

Will the Official Sony PS3 Headset Work on PC?

12 replies 20759 views Edited Nov 22, 2008

I have the Official PS3 Bluetooth Headset as part of the Socom: Confrontation bundle. My question is:

1)Will this headset work on a PC that has bluetooth capabilities, or at least a bluetooth usb adapter?

2)If yes, and you use a bluetooth usb adapter, which adapter do you use?

Note: Please do not answer unless you know if it does or doesn't work from experience. I have read many other forums with messages saying, "well it should work // I have the same question" that simply do not help.

Message 1 of 13 (20,759 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: Will the Official Sony PS3 Headset Work on PC?

Nov 22, 2008

1) Only if bluesmoke ties a rubber cord to it

2) If maybe one day CC Sabathia spills pizza sauce on it in the right spot

3) Ask Peter Gammons

4)Or ask Tim Mcarver or dont hell just leave you more confused.

5) And worse comes to worse ask a guard in Stormwind.

Message 2 of 13 (20,759 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Nov 24, 2008
I have a dell inspirion 1520 with a internal bluechip card.  The microphone on the official ps3 headset works but the speaker on the headset does not work. So when your friends talk to you their voice comes from your computer speakers not the headset, which sort of defeats the purpose of using the headset.  Right now I am in the process of trying to figure out a hardwave or softwave hack.  I will post back if I find anything out and let me know if you get it to work.  Also I read that some 3rd party bluetooth cards fix the speaker problem.
Message Edited by Trey_Mendus on 11-24-2008 06:34 AM
Message 3 of 13 (20,759 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1213 posts

Nov 24, 2008

its BLUETOOTH........

It'll work with any Bluetooth capable device..........

46" PSX, PS2, 1TB PS3, 1TB PS4.

PS3 Trophies
Message 4 of 13 (20,759 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
209 posts

Nov 24, 2008
Yup, what everyone is saying.  I have mine connected to my work laptop which has an internal blue tooth reader.  You can get external ones pretty cheap nowadays if you don't have one already.
Message 5 of 13 (20,759 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Jul 27, 2009
I had the same question, so i started testing...  it connects to my phone and PXS3 (duh) perfect, but not my iPod Touch  (already looked into that) and now I bought a USB adapter for my computer so i could use it for video chats....  and as stated previously, "it IS Bluetooth" so it should work...  but my iTouch beggs to Differ...
It's Mopar or NO CAR!

"Those who do evil to others - the killers, the rapists, psychos, sadists - you will come to know me well. Frank Castle is dead. Call me, The Punisher."
Message 6 of 13 (20,759 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
363 posts

Jul 27, 2009

Nitrocide595 wrote:
I had the same question, so i started testing...  it connects to my phone and PXS3 (duh) perfect, but not my iPod Touch  (already looked into that) and now I bought a USB adapter for my computer so i could use it for video chats....  and as stated previously, "it IS Bluetooth" so it should work...  but my iTouch beggs to Differ...
LOL why do you need a headset on your iTouch?? its not even a iPhone were you can talk on it. 

Signature removed by Admin due to inappropriate content.
Message 7 of 13 (20,759 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Jul 27, 2009
lol   I dunno....  always nice to have it just in case  XD  also, I paid ten bucks for the 3.0 OS and dang it, I'm gonna get EVERY PENNY OF IT'S WORTH!!!!  lol  the voice recorder was included, so why not, ya know?
It's Mopar or NO CAR!

"Those who do evil to others - the killers, the rapists, psychos, sadists - you will come to know me well. Frank Castle is dead. Call me, The Punisher."
Message 8 of 13 (20,759 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
250 posts

Dec 26, 2009

JAKeV wrote:

Nitrocide595 wrote:
LOL why do you need a headset on your iTouch?? its not even a iPhone were you can talk on it. 

Because the iTouch supports Skype for one thing, and the Sony Bluetooth headset would be a shoe-in for use with the iTouch when its not being used with the PS3

Message 9 of 13 (20,759 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

May 20, 2010

yes only if ur computer has blutooth capabilitys

Message 10 of 13 (20,759 Views)
0 Likes