Message 1 of 13 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5189 posts

Re: Will the Events in Japan stall the release of the NGP & PSP Phone

Mar 15, 2011

SlytheThief wrote:

^topic^

It depends if they are being manufactured in Japan or elsewhere (China maybe?), if in Japan I would expect a reduction in units available because I believe there are more important things to worry about at the moment than a new games console.

Message 2 of 13 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
838 posts

Mar 15, 2011

It's nothing revolutionary so for me it doesn't matter if the PSP Phone or the NGP come out in 2013. Not to mention release dates change, so if the NGP doesn't come out on time, it wouldn't be the first or last product  not to come out when it's announced. But besides the release date the NGP and the PSP phone haven't given me anything as far as the software goes or given me a reason to wait for one.

Message 3 of 13 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
772 posts

Mar 15, 2011

SlytheThief wrote:

^topic^

if thats what your worried about i feel sorry for you

Message 4 of 13 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1426 posts

Mar 15, 2011

Only in Japan. Right now some game releases have been halted in Japan. The radiation levles are bad. Its going to be awhile till they get that contained.

Photobucket

Don't talk trash and hide behind your computer screen. Man up and confront them face to face.
"Close Friends and BULLETS, where are they when you need them"
Message 5 of 13 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15343 posts

Mar 15, 2011

Really bro?

Imperator Danknovaxperaux Divi filius Imp XIII Pont Max Trib Pot XLIX Cos CXVI Primus Signiferi Box-xy Princeps Moderatores Pater Forum

Fabulous!
Message 6 of 13 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
200 posts

Mar 16, 2011

I might not worried about it all. There other things that need to be focused on in Japan at the moment. I was just starting up a conversation. 

Photobucket
Message 7 of 13 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
375 posts

Mar 16, 2011

Well conversation starter or not, the question certainly comes off as trivial at best considering the gravity of what's going now in Japan. 'Entertainment' and any related products, I'm quite sure, are the last thing on these peoples minds over there. Sony (among other gaming companies like Sega & Konami, to name a few) have already stated that they are devoting whatever (energy-based) resources that they can to the relief efforts--they didn't even do a PSN update for their store this week.

At best, I'd venture to say that everything at this moment is in a state of 'indefinite' until they can hopefully bring some stability back to their nation. The phone was the closest thing that--at least before this incident happened--was market-ready, as it was I believe it was possibly going to be released either some time in the 3rd qtr of this year. But of course, as someone else mentioned whether it still is released within the same time frame will largely depend on if it is manufactured there or not.

The NGP/PSP2 is also in a unique state of situations, too. I mean, for intent-and-purposes, the hardware is technically in it's final stages--yet w/ the events of this magnitude happening, it's hard say how this will effect the software-side of things.

R.I.P. to my beloved 40gb ceramic white 2007-2011 (YLOD)

Message 8 of 13 (9 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1306 posts

Mar 16, 2011

Well, 8GB have seen a temporary bump up from around 8 to $10 USD due to some (non Sony related) manufacturer in Japan. In terms of cancelation, that is almost toally out of the question. Sony have already marketed and invested two to three years and millions into the NGP as a whole. A delay could be just as costly with the 3DS (maybe) having manufactering facilities in America. Sony will likely manufacture everything in China like the PSP but, the pices that are manufactured might cost more if some of the assembly parts are from Japan. Than again, every single device from the 3DS to the iPad could be affected if they had parts from Japan; which, many electronics devices might have Japanese parts. 

It is ok to observe these things but, keeping in mind that people are going through all that and not disrespecting or being uneducated and rude about it is another thing. It is actually a very touchy subject irl.

It's fine if you want to look on the bright side and be mindful of that, though. It is perfectly normal.

Message 9 of 13 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5189 posts

Mar 16, 2011

Apple were respectful and have delayed the release of the iP2 in Japan because of this.

Message 10 of 13 (9 Views)
0 Likes