Highlighted
Apr 15 2011
By: theUSEDguy Lombax Warrior 87 posts

Will psp 2 have a memory duo slot?

7 replies 53 views Edited Apr 15, 2011

I can't find this information anywhere as of now but will it have a memory duo slot? I am really hoping it does because I use the memory dup to backup all of my mastered save files.  I have all of my ps2, ps3, and psp game saves all backed up to a memory duo and i would like to continue keeping them backed up to it especially so i can transfer my psp saves onto the psp2 harddrive and pickup my downloaded psp games on the psp2.  Anyone fill me in please...?

Message 1 of 8 (53 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
437 posts

Re: Will psp 2 have a memory duo slot?

Apr 15, 2011

yes it will have memory slot in it. i remember hearing it in the video there show that time. Not sure what type of memory.

Message 2 of 8 (53 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1680 posts

Apr 16, 2011

Yes the External Media Memory and Internal Media Memory info is yet to be released. No one knows.

But talk from NGP games coming out in both NVG and PSN DLC form means there will be some IMM equivalent to the new NGP game size as the PSP Go had it's 16gb IMM.

But bet your bottom dollar that they will continue with the M2 or have a all new NGP EMM. They will make more money in this fashion. Granted the NGP's size is capable of having the Pro Duo back in it again as it's EMM. But as I said there is not as much money in that. They will get us and keep the M2 which won't be as bad as an all new EMM but that is still a possibility.

My current PSP Go status

14.6gb IMM

1,044 media count (13.6gb)

15 games (13.4gb)

48 game saves (9.5mb)

981 photos {427 are wallpapers} (139mb)

83 themes (27.3mb)

Space Reserved (10mb)

Space Available (975mb) {which varies, but I use as about 3 hours of video content}

then  my 4gb M2 music only (update to in case on the go, run into a fellow  PSP who needs update got my M2 pro duo adapter all times)

3.71gb M2 EMM

619 songs  (3.4gb)

Space Reserved (10mb)

Space Available (300mb)

Have you gone and seen all that we posters currently know about the NGP that we have and I have tried to keep on this thread.

Post ur NGP Link Info

Bunch a good stuff there.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Message 3 of 8 (53 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
437 posts

Apr 16, 2011

true

my PSP 3000 core has 32GB i used up to 4Gb ready for all my games, saves, and music.

My PSPgo has 32GB sense i add on 16GB M2 to it & i have left is 26 GB left for my photos, games, saves, music, all my download games.

PSPgo used it for all download games & my main PSP 3000 core used it for umd games only.

cool right?

Message 4 of 8 (53 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1680 posts

Apr 16, 2011

Yes sir very cool and just seeing this for 251.99

SD memory.jpg

I say to my self the NGP better have 32gb IMM for it. and NVG games better make it to selling all time greatest hits and franchise of the PS Era on a NVG with the allotted gb needed to hold all the collection and space for game saves. I currently have 20.4gb of PSP game Content. I would like to have the ability to carry 40-50gb worth of GC and then have that other 14gb for video content and game saves and other OS and things. then as I said with the NGP I will do as Marcos PSP says and step up my game and quadruple my M2 to 16gb for music content.(as well I will need NGP games that allow custom tracks to just read regular mp3's{GTA LCS & GTA VCS} and as well can read them from the EMM not juts the IMM{GT PSP})

I will put my foot in my mouth then remove it when I blindly say GTA1- GTA SA can all fit on a 64gb NVG and still have space for something else. I would pay $100 sum'odd for a NVG that had all that on it that was an NGP exclusive. "MMMYes I must have that.(makes Ken Keniff moan)

all that info I have used to say what I had on my PSP go was easily found using my Media Go on my PC.

Oh and snap I almost forgot to say to the OP question my bad man. I highly doubt that the NGP will use produo's. Granted the device does not need to save the space since it is bigger than the PSP slim it should be able to use the pro duo's again. But I will put my foot in my mouth again when I say confidently that there is no money in that. I would love to use that produo again or even better the micro sd that the Xperia Play (PS Phone will use)

microsdhc_32gb_product_204x163.jpg

But then again there is no money in that. Using the old cheaper tech that will suffice makes less revenue then a M2 or if they decide to use an all new EMM. Which all is still unreleased information.

Yeaaah Read this!!!!

2TB XC-HG Duo

Yea ur good you will never need another form of EMM for the portable devices for a good number of years!!!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Message 5 of 8 (53 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
57 posts

May 16, 2011

Is there a store that I can go to purchase the 32GB micro SD?

I can't seem to find it. I only see it online.

Message 6 of 8 (53 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5189 posts

May 16, 2011

theUSEDguy wrote:

I can't find this information anywhere as of now but will it have a memory duo slot? I am really hoping it does because I use the memory dup to backup all of my mastered save files.  I have all of my ps2, ps3, and psp game saves all backed up to a memory duo and i would like to continue keeping them backed up to it especially so i can transfer my psp saves onto the psp2 harddrive and pickup my downloaded psp games on the psp2.  Anyone fill me in please...?

I do not expect it to have a MS Duo slot, as they have new medi for the games I would expect that to also be used for the removeable memory, but if not that then maybe the M2 sized MS.

If you want to transfer your saves then maybe you could use MediaGo (also though some saves are locked to a particular machine).

Message 7 of 8 (53 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
196 posts

May 21, 2011

Makes me itchy for E3 for more info..

Message 8 of 8 (53 Views)
0 Likes