Highlighted
Jun 23 2013
By: mustafa0612 First Son 4 posts
Accepted Solution

Will my Plus membership carry on to my PS3 and Ps4 on different memberships?

5 replies 477 views Edited Jun 23, 2013

Okay, so basically im definitely getting a Ps4 on launch day. however, my questions is, when i buy PS plus membership, i know that it is going to be on my PS4. however, i also want it to be on my ps3. i dont like my ps3 psn because it is not appealing. i will still keep it for when i go gaming on it, however, for next generation, i want to make a new psn. is there anyway that i buy ps plus once and it is available for both the ps3 and the ps4, even though they will be using separate psn. ireally hope that is the case so that i can get the 8 free games a month and auomatic updates for patches along with game saves in the cioud for both systems. 

Message 1 of 6 (477 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
20485 posts

Re: Will my Plus membership carry on to my PS3 and Ps4 on different memberships?

Jun 23, 2013
Welcome to the forums. Smiley Happy

Yes, it's been confirmed that our current PlayStation Plus subscriptions will transfer over to the PS4, as well as our current PSN accounts.

If you're going to make a new account, you'll either need to buy a new Plus subscription for that new account or put both accounts (the non-Plus and the Plus accounts) on your PS4 system so that you can access Plus content and also play online Multiplayer. This is pure speculation on the most part, since nobody owns a PS4 right now, but it's been confirmed that 1 Plus subscription on a console will cover an entire system.

Hope this all helps. Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 6 (472 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
102 posts

Re: Will my Plus membership carry on to my PS3 and Ps4 on different memberships?

Jun 23, 2013

Does that mean our PSN username will be able to transfer as well? Or will we have to make new usernames for the Playstation 4?

Message 3 of 6 (465 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5477 posts

Jun 23, 2013

BlvdBrawler wrote:

Does that mean our PSN username will be able to transfer as well? Or will we have to make new usernames for the Playstation 4?

Presumably, yes, since PSN and PS+ are linked.

Grindhead_Jim

Message 4 of 6 (463 Views)
Lombax Warrior
102 posts

Jun 23, 2013

Thank you, sir. 

Message 5 of 6 (442 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jun 27, 2013
Thanks for the warm welcome. And as of now with no news announced about PS PLUS compatibility with new systems, if i make two separate users on the PS4 with each user running a different account. I believe that should work right?
Message 6 of 6 (378 Views)
0 Likes