Sep 14 2013
By: MrConbon First Son 9 posts

Will every game be avaible digitally

9 replies 294 views Edited Sep 14, 2013

I would really like to go the digital route on PS4 but I want to know if every game will have a digital option. It really upsets me that some games are disc onlyon PS3. If Sony wants us to go the digital route then they have to provide the games to download.

Message 1 of 10 (294 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
654 posts

Re: Will every game be avaible digitally

[ Edited ]
Sep 14, 2013

"PS4 will be similar to PS Vita in that every game will be available as a digital download, and some will also be available as a disc."

-Shuhei Yoshida

Message 2 of 10 (276 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
489 posts

Sep 14, 2013

Go all digital, when or if sony ever shut down their psn server, say goodbye to all your games. If you ever get ban, say goodbye to all your games. If you ever get hack, say goodbye to all your games. 

I remember back in 2011 or so, sony was hacked and took like months before their server was up and running again. We then have to enter our e-mail and password and then it sends a link to our e-mail, then we have to log on and enter a new password. I wasnt able to remember what e-mail or password i used for my psn account, and all my games were gone just like that. I wouldnt go all digital.

Message 3 of 10 (228 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1014 posts

Sep 14, 2013
i am going all digital as well. the more people do go digital, they might make it so your stuff carries over to the next system, or at least keep the servers active. however for the previous system, we dont know if they will shut down the server so you cant dl the game? i mean the psp is being discontinued but you can still buy games from the store from it.

The-White-Wolf-Sig.jpg

Message 4 of 10 (222 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3753 posts

Sep 14, 2013

All games will be available for download and I also plan to go 100% digital. I have well over 100 games digitally downloaded on the PS3. No internet connection is required to play those games. Every game that I have ever bought dating back to 2007 is still available for me to redownload. In a manner of speaking, once you download a game, it becomes a phsyical copy since it is actually stored on your PS3/4 hard drive. If you hard drive gets damaged or stolen, you lose you game but you can re-download it. If your blu-ray gets damaged, lost or stolen, you have to buy it again. If you plan to use remote play with the Vita, the games you can play will be limited to what you have on your hard drive. The PS4 UI seems designed for specifically for digital games. I highly doubt that a 67 year old, publically traded multi billion dollar company will close shop any time soon and steal everyones games/money; however anything is possible.

Message 5 of 10 (215 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29189 posts

Sep 14, 2013

You guys do realize that this is not an "all or nothing" deal? You don't have to buy everything digital. You can have a mix of both. After years of being carted around in gas guzzling SUVs, eating burgers that have cleared countless acres of trees for farmland, and buying games in plastic cases that if stacked would reach to the moon and back, I have a difficult time believing that the gamer cognoscenti is suddenly "going green", and living a neo-psuedo minimalist lifestyle.

Futhermore, the delusion that somehow digital games would lead to lower prices and savings passed on to the consumer, is just that, a delusion. WIth no competing retail outlets trying to get you in the story vying for your dollars, game companies will be able to charge whatever they want. You know what they'll tell you? "Hey too bad. You don't like it? Then go somewhere else. Oh, that's right!!".

Message 6 of 10 (201 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
8202 posts

Sep 14, 2013
Im sure if not "all" games are digital, 90%+ will be.

Keep in mind you might want to get a few titles on disc incase any of the many problems of the internet occur, ensuring you still have the option to play something.
Hey That Chris signature
Message 7 of 10 (198 Views)
Wastelander
654 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 14, 2013

Kali_boiz_4life wrote:

Go all digital, when or if sony ever shut down their psn server, say goodbye to all your games. If you ever get ban, say goodbye to all your games. If you ever get hack, say goodbye to all your games. 

If you get hacked, you lose nothing.  You report to Sony, who will resolve your issue.  If you get banned, it is your own fault for breaching ToS.  Sony shutting down PSN isn't a realistic argument.

I remember back in 2011 or so, sony was hacked and took like months before their server was up and running again. We then have to enter our e-mail and password and then it sends a link to our e-mail, then we have to log on and enter a new password. I wasnt able to remember what e-mail or password i used for my psn account, and all my games were gone just like that. I wouldnt go all digital.

Forgotten passwords are easily recoverable.  This argument could be used against anything.  Would you tell someone not to use email, because if they forget their password they'll have no access?

Message 8 of 10 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
128 posts

Sep 14, 2013

I enjoy having physical copies of games. I will have game that are digital, but will only be ones I find on sale through PSN or are free through PS+. Digital is a great idea and helpful for many that dont live close to a store, but I am skeptical about one day servers going down and not being able to redownload 16 years from now.

Message 9 of 10 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
3753 posts

Sep 14, 2013

CaptainAlbator wrote:

You guys do realize that this is not an "all or nothing" deal? You don't have to buy everything digital. You can have a mix of both. After years of being carted around in gas guzzling SUVs, eating burgers that have cleared countless acres of trees for farmland, and buying games in plastic cases that if stacked would reach to the moon and back, I have a difficult time believing that the gamer cognoscenti is suddenly "going green", and living a neo-psuedo minimalist lifestyle.

Futhermore, the delusion that somehow digital games would lead to lower prices and savings passed on to the consumer, is just that, a delusion. WIth no competing retail outlets trying to get you in the story vying for your dollars, game companies will be able to charge whatever they want. You know what they'll tell you? "Hey too bad. You don't like it? Then go somewhere else. Oh, that's right!!".

Yes, I have already ordered a blu-ray version of Drive Club just to get the extra content. But when ever possible I will be going digital.

Message 10 of 10 (151 Views)
0 Likes