Feb 24 2011
By: SMANGArt139K First Son 2 posts

Will changing sign-in ID and password be enough if my PSN account is hacked?

1 replies 21 views Edited Feb 24, 2011

I'm seeing so many threads about PSN accounts being stolen or hacked.

Fortunately, I haven't faced something like this before, but if it did happen and someone used my account or hacked into me, will changing my sign-in ID and password be sufficient enough to keep me secure and safe?

What I'm afraid of is that IF someone hacked me or taken a hold of my account, I feel like just closing my account and starting a new one. But I don't want to do that either because I already bought a good amount of stuff and everything I bought would be a waste.

Of course asking Sony for help is the first thing to do, but will changing my sign-in ID and password solve everything?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 2 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Sackboy
500 posts

Re: Will changing sign-in ID and password be enough if my PSN account is hacked?

Feb 24, 2011

You don't even have to change your sign in ID, although that wouldn't hurt.  Just change the password.  Make it a good, strong password.  And make it really long too.  The keys to making a good password are making it long (20-30 characters should suffice) and using letters (lower and UPPER case) numbers, and symbols (@, #, $, % and others like those).  Just arrange those into a pattern that you can remember.  If you have a long and complicated password you'll be safe.  Just make sure you memorize it, and memorize it well.  You don't want to go forgetting it lol.

Message 2 of 2 (21 Views)
0 Likes