Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Re: Will anybody Trade-in their old PSP's?

Jun 20, 2011

I'll be keeping my PSP, I may sometime in the future buy myself a Vita however that's only if it gets some really good games for that system only.

Message 11 of 38 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8695 posts

Jun 20, 2011

absolutely.  I have a Go, so I will probably trade it in a few months to get the most $$ i can out of it.  If I wait until the Vita is released, the Go will probably only get me $20

~Fighting the Good Fight~
Message 12 of 38 (4 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jun 20, 2011

Not a chance!  I have two PSP 1001's now.  One of them just got handed down to my 11 year old, and as soon as I get the Vita my 8 year old will get the other one.  That way everyone is happy...

Message 13 of 38 (4 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12493 posts

Jun 20, 2011

No I will not trade in. All my games are basically UMD besides some PS1 classics and such. I'd be throwing them all out basically.

And like that one guy said, the Vita is a brick (and the analog sticks are sure to be a pain in your pocket).

Unless you have freakin cargo pants, it's gonna stick out and weigh a lot.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 14 of 38 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5911 posts

Jun 21, 2011

jazhers wrote:

I keep going back and forth on this. Weighing the pros and cons of selling my PSP and games but since a lot of PSP games that I still want to buy and play are not on PSN I will hang on to it for those games. I am thinking of trading in and repurchasing a few games via PSN though. Since these said games will be auto remapped to the second analog stick of the vita and look better. Like Resistance Retribution, and GOW Chains of Olympus and others Mainly my Shooters...

What makes you think the second stick will be useable with PSP games? Sorry to burst your bubble, but it won't. Games can't just magically gain hardware support.

Everyone thinks I'm psychotic (except my friends deep inside the earth).
Message 15 of 38 (4 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12493 posts

Jun 21, 2011

He's referring to the supposed PSP games which will be "re-made" in a sense, apparently they'll run better and stuff (and I believe they'll be playable on PS3?).

So those games will support another stick.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 16 of 38 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5911 posts

Jun 21, 2011

glaciusx25 wrote:

He's referring to the supposed PSP games which will be "re-made"

I don't think so. He named very specific games that are PSP titles. I have not seen or heard anything about those being re-made. And honestly, why would a develper re-make an old title that is already playable on the system? Not gonna happen.

Message 17 of 38 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5911 posts

Jun 21, 2011

JSiggy wrote:

absolutely.  I have a Go, so I will probably trade it in a few months to get the most $$ i can out of it.  If I wait until the Vita is released, the Go will probably only get me $20

LOL! That's the reason I'll probably keep my Go. For what little I'll get on a trade, I might as well keep it. Besides, it can do something the Vita can't. Connect to my 40" Bravia and a DS3 for wireless big screen gaming.

According to the FAQ the Vita does not have a video out feature.

Message 18 of 38 (4 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
27 posts

Jun 21, 2011

GeekGod wrote:

jazhers wrote:

I keep going back and forth on this. Weighing the pros and cons of selling my PSP and games but since a lot of PSP games that I still want to buy and play are not on PSN I will hang on to it for those games. I am thinking of trading in and repurchasing a few games via PSN though. Since these said games will be auto remapped to the second analog stick of the vita and look better. Like Resistance Retribution, and GOW Chains of Olympus and others Mainly my Shooters...

What makes you think the second stick will be useable with PSP games? Sorry to burst your bubble, but it won't. Games can't just magically gain hardware support.

According to Scott Rohde in the E3 Replay on June 17th it has a built in auto map ability and will send those functions to the second stick. As well as improve graphics!! Can't wait!! Bubble still intact. 

You can check the vid out in the Playstation Blog.

E3 Replay: Scott Rohde Answers Your PS Vita Questions

Message 19 of 38 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5911 posts

Jun 21, 2011

Sorry, but that video mentioned ONE game, Resistance Retribution, which had a special play mode that enabled you to use a PS3 DualShock3 controller. So that game has dual analog support. I can't think of any other PSP games that support that.

Like I said, you can't just magically add support for a feature that does not exist in the game. At most you can remap buttons to the stick (similar to the way PS1 game controls can be remapped), but that will not be the same as analog control.

Message 20 of 38 (4 Views)
0 Likes