First Son
1 posts

Re: Will Watch Dogs have early download?!?!

May 24, 2014

I beleive it is available in Europe and not North America.

I live in Australia which is one of the first timezones to get the game and my download is scheduled to start at 10pm on the 26th, so it is pre-load of sorts. If you add to that and assume that after a few hours of downloading the game will be launchable, it should be ready to play in some form on Tuesday morning.

Message 11 of 37 (563 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2546 posts

[ Edited ]
May 24, 2014

Hawkfan267 wrote:

glaciusx25 wrote:
@Hawkfan267 he means can he start downloading before release date (which he should be able to, since they said Watch Dogs will be the first game that you can pre-load)

However, they probably won't start the pre-load process until 1-2 days before release

Um, yeah...then no. You can downlaod ASAP on launch day, not before. It's still the fastest way to get the game though.

What if you pre ordered it at best buy / gamestop and pick it up and midnight and live 10 mins away. That seems faster to me then if you have to wait for it to down laod and hope that the system is not over laoded w/ tons of others trying to do the same and it leads to slower down load times or lock ups.

Message 12 of 37 (559 Views)
Lombax Warrior
214 posts

May 24, 2014

That is what you don't have to do SC-GRAY_FOX with a digital preload. Hawkfan267 was actually incorrect in his response.

Even though the retail stores may release the game at midnight on the day of a games release, with the new digital preload feature, the game download will start a few days before that when only the people that bought it digitally are downloading it up to 3 days before the actual release.

Then the game will simply unlock at midnight, so you should, in theory, be playing the game at 12:01 am while everyone else is in line at the store.

PS3 | PS4 | PS Vita | PlayStation TV
Message 13 of 37 (551 Views)
Fender Bender
2546 posts

May 24, 2014

CLANDESTINE-OPS wrote:

That is what you don't have to do SC-GRAY_FOX with a digital preload. Hawkfan267 was actually incorrect in his response.

Even though the retail stores may release the game at midnight on the day of a games release, with the new digital preload feature, the game download will start a few days before that when only the people that bought it digitally are downloading it up to 3 days before the actual release.

Then the game will simply unlock at midnight, so you should, in theory, be playing the game at 12:01 am while everyone else is in line at the store.

Ah I see I get your point. Some how I thought the OP was meaning to be able to play the game early b/c it was bought as a download as well. 

Doing the early download deff eases up on the traffic on the network that often times causes the whole thing to come to a stand still b/c of all the people trying to download the same game at once.

Message 14 of 37 (520 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2032 posts

May 24, 2014

At least we can play as it downloads, so we only have to wait for like 5gb to download  before we can start playing instead of waiting the entire 40gb download.

Message 15 of 37 (500 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1422 posts

May 24, 2014

I gatta say digital is failing bad this gen, thousands of people already got the retail game and are streaming it on twitch already and you still can't even download it on psn yet to be able to play it on its release day v_v

Message 16 of 37 (492 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13294 posts

May 24, 2014

Occhi07 wrote:

At least we can play as it downloads, so we only have to wait for like 5gb to download  before we can start playing instead of waiting the entire 40gb download.

Gamestop midnight. Home 12:05. Playing by 12:10. Cant get much easier. now long downloads and no waiting on slow downloads cause milions are all trying to do the same thing at ounce.

Message 17 of 37 (490 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2032 posts

May 25, 2014

Black0Panther wrote:

Occhi07 wrote:

Gamestop midnight. Home 12:05. Playing by 12:10. Cant get much easier. now long downloads and no waiting on slow downloads cause milions are all trying to do the same thing at ounce.

*once

and Gamestop is farther then 10minutes from my home. Also, you are aware that you have to download the entire game from the disc to play it right? It takes up the same space on the harddrive, but you have to put a disc in to play it.  Also, my internet downloads games really fast.  I can download about 5gb from a game in 20min.

Message 18 of 37 (390 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13595 posts

May 25, 2014
The disc takes very little time to install though. When I went to play COD Ghosts, took less than 2 minutes to start playing
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 19 of 37 (378 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

May 26, 2014
I started downloading it on May 24th
Message 20 of 37 (315 Views)
0 Likes